why is LT so good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is LT so good?

this is not a smack thread. i believe he is the best RB in the NFL but as i dont get to see him much its a little baffling as to why he racks up such good numbers.

he is not a 'big' back in the mould of some RB's who has exceptional power.

he has not got 'portis' like speed.

his OL is decent but not great.

so what is it about him?

Wrong forum again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      Wrong forum again.
      some ppl..........

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003

so what is it about him?

he is naturally awsome.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
          some ppl..........

Yeah, thats you.

We have another forum called Other NFL Teams.

Please direct these threads there and quit cluttering General Discussions.

You should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            Yeah, thats you.

We have another forum called Other NFL Teams.

Please direct these threads there and quit cluttering General Discussions.

You should know better.
            its not about a team, its about a player. it is also what i would consider 'a general discussion'.

anyway, who do you think you are, my teacher? you do this alot on the MB ive noticed, a little sad IMO. but im not going to get into an argument or get nasty on a MB, pretty pointless.

one thing i have noticed about tomlinson is he has great hands but what does he do best? i'm hoping to see him more next season on tv

Comment

Back on topic.

He IS fast. He IS powerful. I don't know how you concluded that "he doesn't have Portis-like speed," because he's pretty damn close. Just because he's not huge, doesn't mean he's not strong. Oh, and he can catch like a wide receiver. That's why he's so good even though his OL sucks.
              A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Don't call him LT. Lawrence Taylor is LT.

Don't perpertuate this thing that sports announcers do calling him LT.

Comment

Originally posted by NolanSmith

yes Lawrence Talor is LT. but its easier and faster to call LaDanian Tomlinson "LT".
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NolanSmith

LT (Lawrence Taylor) is O.N. (Old News).

LT (LaDanian Tomlinson) is H.N. (Here Now).

LT has been replaced by LT. Long live LT!

-----

Comment

I don't know why...... maybe he works his ass off?

Comment

ok I am quite confident I can answer this question having seen numerous chargers back in line and then to get L.T. who by the way got Lawrence Taylor's blessing to use the initials not that he needed to. I used to ask myself what makes ladanian Tomlinson better than his teammate Terrel Fletcher. Fletcher seemed to be faster just looking at him run on the field and was smaller than l.t. at 5'8 196 but looked about the same build. People don't realize that L.t. is 5'10 221 pounds of all muscle. Looking at him he looks at aout 188 or so. What L.T. has bettr than any other back is the ability to make men miss in SMALL spaces. I've seen him squirt through holes where it looked like there was no hole. And if there is no hole his explosion can either move the pile for 4 plus or he has the vision and cutting ability to cut it back and then make a LB and seafety miss. L.T. can and has lined up at WR numerous times and has catches over 60 yards plus. He has excellent speed however I do remember tim dwight catching him on a long run I will look for the clip of this... also check out this clip from 2002 vs you guys and you will see that his explosion from the line through 10 yards is the best in football after that is about making a man miss and a foot race. http://www.chargers.com/fan_zone/fz_...TOKEN=81063203
                        2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

Also L.T. never appears to be tired although I'm sure he is. If it's overtime or late in the 4th he can still run someone over and drag a tackler seven yards into the endzone.... yes 7 is alot but it has happened more than once. Also on the goal line he has the ability and vision to make a blitzer who has a straight untouched shot on him miss and get into the end zone. He is always dishing out the punishment and rarely takes it. Has the perfect size hands and everything for a RB.

Comment

He is elusive(sp), with low center of gravity, good vision, good football IQ, and deceptive power and speed. I hate SD but I like LT.
                            The three Keys to football
                            1. Turnovers
                            2. Field Position
                            3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Here is another example of L.T.'s explosion and making it seem like everyone within 10 yards is going in slow motion. http://www.chargers.com/fan_zone/fz_...TOKEN=81063203

Comment

Working...
                              X