Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reidman
    replied
    I think Holmes is going to be an animal this year and if he's there when I pick I'll definitely take him but I will probably also handcuff LJ just in case. Can't go wrong with either one of those guys IMO.
    And even if he is used primarily in the red zone, all he needs to do is score TD's and this FF season will be looking good.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by moonshot314
    Nice try.. preseason means ****.. While i think LJ should start over priest holmes, the chiefs offense during the preseason opens about 1/8 of their playbook and does no shifting to creat mismatches. Preseason means nothing. The first string offense didnt have any turnovers. Nor do i remember trent green getting sacked. When you consider half the starting offensive line didnt play the second team o line was really the third team o line. The defense looked good. You cant expect the d to come out and force 4 turnovers in 1 quarter of play. The speed looked good and everyone kept their assignments.. Much improved.
    Keep repeating that to yourself, as the season plays out.........

And it wasn't I that shouted to the heavens that priest was going to score 30 td's....and is a "lock" inside the 10 yd line.......

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    The Chiefs were without two of their starting O-line. Will Shields and Kevin Sampson were both out. Our defense was dominant compared to last year. Our starting defense held them scoreless. Overall, we only gave up 256 yards, which is considerably better than last week. Our defense is much improved. Not to mention, due to Kendrell Bell being out until next week, we had two rookies starting at OLB. We had Derrick Johnson and an undrafted rookie, Kris Griffin, start at OLB. Our team did pretty well considering we had 25 players sitting out for this game due to injury. Most will be back very soon, but we could have used them.
    Hey, that's the NFL. Ya play with the players you have. You should know that.
    Denver lost their #'s 1 AND 2 rb's last year. Their #2 cb. And had a rook playing the #3 wr. Still 10-6, brother.

And it's funny how you totally ignored Priest's stats.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    I don't know, It just seems as if his career hasn't been good enough for a hall of fame vote. If he had been with KC the whole time I think he would have but his years in Baltimore were a waste.

Yeah, because there he didn't get all those 1 and 2 yard rushing TD's. I stayed away from Priest in my drafts like the plague, and I made sure to steal LJ later on. It doesn't matter who runs for the Chiefs, they are going to score...a lot. But with the recent fragility of Holmes, he is way too risky, IMO, to be a top 3 back.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaufman26
    priest holmes is aging and so is the rest of the chief offense, if holmes stays healthy he'll get 30+ rushing touchdowns priest holmes is a beast anybody think he can make the hall of fame?
    I don't know, It just seems as if his career hasn't been good enough for a hall of fame vote. If he had been with KC the whole time I think he would have but his years in Baltimore were a waste.

Leave a comment:

• Kaufman26
    replied
    priest holmes is aging and so is the rest of the chief offense, if holmes stays healthy he'll get 30+ rushing touchdowns priest holmes is a beast anybody think he can make the hall of fame?

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    I stand corrected. Regardless im not going to evaluate an offense when they dont run their offense.. the chiefs came out lined up and snapped the ball. simple hand off simple routes.. nothing like the actually offense that they will use when the season starts
    I totally agree. Will Shields being gone was probably a key factor of Green getting sacked. Kevin Sampson was out as well. And, Tony Gonzalez was out. It is obvious that our WR's are not the best in the league. However, with Tony Gonzalez drawing double teams and sometimes triple teams he often opens up the passing game for our WR's. Our offense looked fine until the worst QB ever, Damon Huard, stepped onto the field. He and Lawrence Tynes lost the game by themselves alone. For once, it was our offense and not the defense that lost the game for us.

Leave a comment:

• moonshot314
    replied
    Well, Trent Green did get sacked once.

I stand corrected. Regardless im not going to evaluate an offense when they dont run their offense.. the chiefs came out lined up and snapped the ball. simple hand off simple routes.. nothing like the actually offense that they will use when the season starts

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Nice try.. preseason means ****.. While i think LJ should start over priest holmes, the chiefs offense during the preseason opens about 1/8 of their playbook and does no shifting to creat mismatches. Preseason means nothing. The first string offense didnt have any turnovers. Nor do i remember trent green getting sacked. When you consider half the starting offensive line didnt play the second team o line was really the third team o line. The defense looked good. You cant expect the d to come out and force 4 turnovers in 1 quarter of play. The speed looked good and everyone kept their assignments.. Much improved.
    Well, Trent Green did get sacked once.

Leave a comment:

• moonshot314
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Against that juggernaut D of Az, priest was 8/16yds....now, minus out his 13yd run, that's 7 runs for 3 yards.
    Yeha.......THAT'S impressive.

D? What D?
    No sacks/int's....one FF.

O? Gave up 4 sacks and 3 picks.

And I won't be mean and bring up your kicker......

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Against that juggernaut D of Az, priest was 8/16yds....now, minus out his 13yd run, that's 7 runs for 3 yards.

D? What D?

The Chiefs were without two of their starting O-line. Will Shields and Kevin Sampson were both out. Our defense was dominant compared to last year. Our starting defense held them scoreless. Overall, we only gave up 256 yards, which is considerably better than last week. Our defense is much improved. Not to mention, due to Kendrell Bell being out until next week, we had two rookies starting at OLB. We had Derrick Johnson and an undrafted rookie, Kris Griffin, start at OLB. Our team did pretty well considering we had 25 players sitting out for this game due to injury. Most will be back very soon, but we could have used them.
    Last edited by kmartin575; 08-21-2005, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied

D? What D?

Leave a comment:

• moonshot314
    replied
    But that is simply not true. He has said himself that he doesn't expect to split time with LJ. If Priest needs a breather, LJ will get the nod for a play or two. However, everybody knows that Priest is getting the ball in the redzone.
    How many times since last season ended have our coaches talked about reducing prieists reps? They said they arent goin to ride him like they have in the past. Simply they have a backup who could start for about 25 other teams and priest keeps getting banged up. Why not give lj some more carries? Priest wont get near as many touches, which to me pushed him far enough down my list that i took other people.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    But it would be better to have a solid backup that isnt backing up a player on your roster. 10 ypc is a good average, but on only 4 carries im not gona read much into it. Especially when you consider that minnesota isnt exactly rivaling the 85 bears for greatest defense of all time. Priest is a good back, my only point is that hes gona be splitting too much time to be a fantasy stud.
    But that is simply not true. He has said himself that he doesn't expect to split time with LJ. If Priest needs a breather, LJ will get the nod for a play or two. However, everybody knows that Priest is getting the ball in the redzone.

Leave a comment:

• moonshot314
    replied
    Thanks for the advice. However, I am more inclined to listen to the fantasy football analysts who see Priest Holmes as the #3 RB behind Shaun Alexander and Ladainian Tomlinson. Did you see the preseason game against the Vikings. He averaged 10.5 yards on 4 carries. Plus, alot of fantasy gurus will say that it is smart to use a roster spot for a top RB's backup. With the way RB's get injured, it is good insurance.
    But it would be better to have a solid backup that isnt backing up a player on your roster. 10 ypc is a good average, but on only 4 carries im not gona read much into it. Especially when you consider that minnesota isnt exactly rivaling the 85 bears for greatest defense of all time. Priest is a good back, my only point is that hes gona be splitting too much time to be a fantasy stud.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X