WR Andre Davis Traded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR Andre Davis Traded

The Cleveland Browns Have Traded WR Andre Davis To The New England Patriots For A Fifth Round Pick.
    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Can I be the first to say?

I told you so?
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

that was the most dumbest trade yet this year. At the beginining of the offseason, Pats were loosing some good WRs and then started getting some other good WRs. Still loosing good ones so that would make there pass offense not so great but adding a decent vet to the mix just makes there offense better. Browns get a draft pick that would most likely be over 25 pick in the round. Dumb trade, browns get nothing and the Pats get a good Wr to make there offense back to the same. Stupid BROWNS!!!

¤ Champ #1 ¤
      ¤ Bailey #1 Shutdown Corner ¤

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
        Can I be the first to say?

I told you so?
        Dawfan, that looks like a dumb move.
        What's going on with that FO??

-----

Comment

It is a dumb move why?

Let's see what the Browns get for trading him:

A 5th round pick

They get rid of a reciever that has been struggling in camp. Davis was struggling in camp so much so that it was unlikely he would be on the team. So Savage traded him while he could still get something for him. So let's see? Have him cut when the roster cuts come ... or to trade him for something.

Furthermore, Brandom Rideau and Josh Cribbs have been lighting up camp and Braylon Edwards looked impressive in last week win. Plus Antonio Bryant is the starting reciever with Dennis Northcutt on the other side with Edwards slotted as the third reciever. However next season likely Edwards will move up and Northcutt will return to the third reciever spot.
          Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-24-2005, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Well, that's why I asked you.

Has Northcutt been doing well? I heard he had slipped a little.
            Of course, you know where most rumors go.

-----

Comment

Northcutt hasn't been impressive. But with Edwards having his holdout it is a safe bet to have Northcutt start.

Comment

Trent Dilfer wanted Davis to stick around.

and now that is two years in a row the Browns have made the Pats better. Corey Dillon now Davis.

Seattle probally would have given the Browns a higher pick probally. they really wanted Davis.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
                  and now that is two years in a row the Browns have made the Pats better. Corey Dillon now Davis

i think you mean the bengals gave dillon to the pats

Comment

and now that is two years in a row the Browns have made the Pats better. Corey Dillon now Davis.

Seattle probally would have given the Browns a higher pick probally. they really wanted Davis.
                    Dillon played for the Bengals.
                    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by bronerines
                      i think you mean the bengals gave dillon to the pats
                      I was thinking the same thing.
                      Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

First off, what makes you assume Trent Dilfer wanted him to stick around when he was having a bad camp and being just an average reciever. He wasn't lighting up the camp and was struggling in the new offense.

Also, Dillon was a Bengal. One thing you should never do is confuse the Bengals ( the Browns' red headed stepchild ) with the Browns.

Yes, Seattle was very interested in Davis. But so were the Eagles.

Comment

First off, what makes you assume Trent Dilfer wanted him to stick around when he was having a bad camp and being just an average reciever. He wasn't lighting up the camp and was struggling in the new offense.

Also, Dillon was a Bengal. One thing you should never do is confuse the Bengals ( the Browns' red headed stepchild ) with the Browns.

Yes, Seattle was very interested in Davis. But so were the Eagles.

I read a story on ESPN that Dilfer like Davis but that was awhile ago...

and sorry about the Dillon mixup. I wasnt thinking. yeah he was a Bengal not a Brown sorry...
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't know where you heard about Dilfer liking Davis. Only thing I know is that he really likes Antonio Bryant, who is having an amazing pre-season.

Comment

Don't know where you heard about Dilfer liking Davis. Only thing I know is that he really likes Antonio Bryant, who is having an amazing pre-season.

I read a story on ESPN..........but it might have been about someone else. Im pretty sure it was Davis though.

and this was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before training camp and preseason.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X