WR Andre Davis Traded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh,

Well then he probably did say it. But merely to show how happy he was to be with the Browns.

Like his statement would have been maybe,

" I am so glad to play in Cleveland. I cannot wait to throw the ball to Andre Davis, Antonio Bryant, and Dennis Northcutt. Plus the TE in Winslow. " ( Winslow and his motorcycle antics hadn't happened yet )
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan

Also, Dillon was a Bengal. One thing you should never do is confuse the Bengals ( the Browns' red headed stepchild ) with the Browns.

While I agree that mixing up those two teams in a sports bar in Ohio could get your butt whupped, to be fair, the red-headed step child thing is a bit unfair.

From the Hall of Fame website:

In 1962, Art Modell,new majority owner of the Browns, fired Brown and sent him into football exile for five seasons.

A year after the NFL and old American Football League decided to merge, Brown was awarded the Cincinnati franchise that began play in the AFL in 1968. He was in total control as head coach and general manager and in 1970, when everyone played under the NFL shield, he won a division title and went to the playoffs. At the time, that was the earliest playoff entry by any expansion team and it made a mockery of Modell's cruel denunciation, when he fired Brown, that "the game had passed him by."

Of course, it never did. Brown, who was elected to the Hall of Fame the same year he founded the Bengals, proved it on the field during eight seasons as Cincinnati's head coach, making three more playoff appearances before retiring from coaching in 1975.

Had Modell not fired Brown, The Bengals might not even exist.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        While I agree that mixing up those two teams in a sports bar in Ohio could get your butt whupped, to be fair, the red-headed step child thing is a bit unfair.

Had Modell not fired Brown, The Bengals might not even exist.
        Alright I guess you are right.

The Ravens are the Browns Red-Headed Step Child.

The Bengals are like the person in your family that nobody wants to deal with.

There .. that sounds more like it.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

This is a good pick up for the Pats. I bet he has a major role this year in their offense. Every pick up they have had in the past 5 years has been good.

Comment

Working...
          X