No announcement yet.

Larry Johnson Arrested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The girlfriend told The Kansas City Star, in a story on its Web site, that the police report was wrong and denied that she was pushed or dragged to the door. Snapp said the woman told police she didn't want Johnson arrested, but instead just wanted the incident documented.

Does this not throw up a red flag that something isnt right? She goes from denying he ever touched her to having bruises? This woman needs to get her story straight.. I doubt this ever makes it to a courtroom..

Comment

This is one of those cases where a girl knows that he's a star now, and might be able to get some money from him. It's what people do - if you read one of the reports, it says she went home and didn't file a report, and after hours of talking with friends, she decided it was the right thing to do.

Then LJ turns himself in, he probably knew what she was doing and read it like a book. He hasn't been (and shouldn't be) guilty of any abuse in this case. Stupid? Yes. Unfortunate? Yes. Girl looking for money? Yes.

Comment

I Understand your statement Chiefsrule but this is also another case of a young player getting big headed and worse, because its not even his time in the spotlight yet.
        "I demand you throw my girlfriend out of the club, mr. club owner" Oh yeah sure anything for you mr back up running back!

Comment

I don't think any of us should make a judgement on guilty or not.

However, it is a problem because he has a prior history of bullying around women. And I know, even that is disputed. But it is a fact that he seems prone to get involved with this sort of activity.
          Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ...........

The guy's had problems before with women and what he did was just stupid. If she has got bruises on her arms then he obviously grabbed her with enogh force to cause the bruises. As for the girlfriend not wanting to press charges how many times do you hear of women not wanting to pursue charges against their husbands/boyfriends after they have beaten them. I've seen it hundreds of times. He laid hands on her and he should pay the penalty.

It will be interesting to see how the NFL deals with this. They may not wait to hand out some type of penalty as everyone knows that throw a little money at the problem it will go away but the NFL is not gong to want these types of blackeyes (no pun intended) to continue. They are going to want to show that thwy will not stand for this and given the recent Chefs legal problems they are going to want to answer from the team about what is going on with their players!

Comment

Originally posted by DDP32
              If she has got bruises on her arms then he obviously grabbed her with enogh force to cause the bruises.
              We don't know that. The photos were taken hours after she had left the bar and was among different people at a different location.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the NFL deals with this. They may not wait to hand out some type of penalty as everyone knows that throw a little money at the problem it will go away but the NFL is not gong to want these types of blackeyes (no pun intended) to continue. They are going to want to show that thwy will not stand for this and given the recent Chefs legal problems they are going to want to answer from the team about what is going on with their players!
                Yeah, the NFL is really cleaning up the league aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by wesuckrealbad
                  We don't know that. The photos were taken hours after she had left the bar and was among different people at a different location.

Man you sound like some sleazy ambulance chasing lawyer! Are you seriously suggesting that she staged this whole event? This is a little different than Kobe in some hotel room. We are talking about a bar room full of witnesses!

As for your other post about the league cleaning up it's image. No they have a perception problem with all the guys being arrested but right now the team that is causing the league the biggest legal headache is the Chefs.

Al Davis must be laughing his a$$ off at that one...or he most likely plotting the Chefs downfall as he won't like losing the title of leagues biggest criminal organizations.

Comment

Man you sound like some sleazy ambulance chasing lawyer! Are you seriously suggesting that she staged this whole event? This is a little different than Kobe in some hotel room. We are talking about a bar room full of witnesses!

As for your other post about the league cleaning up it's image. No they have a perception problem with all the guys being arrested but right now the team that is causing the league the biggest legal headache is the Chefs.

Al Davis must be laughing his a$$ off at that one...or he most likely plotting the Chefs downfall as he won't like losing the title of leagues biggest criminal organizations.
                    Biggest legal headache? Minor run ins dont cause a legal headache.. The worse thing that happened was our kicker punched a bouncer.. Let me say again, our kicker.. Your right it was a bar full of witnesses, and her story still isnt adding up.. She publicly denied him supposedly grabbing her and dragging her.. And you point out that he asked them to make her leave.. Could it be that he requested they make her leave because he knew she was going to cause trouble? Your chastizing him for trying to avoid a situation, then you proclaim his guilt and call someone an ambulance chasing lawyer, when that person is merely letting the case run its course.. You are just using this as a chance to attack the chiefs, and this LJ case wont even make a courtroom... She has too many inconsistencies.. After having time to think about it she probly thought "hey i can benefit from this situation if i twist the truth a bit" ... point is athletes are targets for people, and now he has become a target for you.. Luckily you are not a part of our justice system, as you like to act as judge jury and executioner..

Comment

If this becomes a problem Quentin Griffin may end up signing with the Chiefs afterall.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                      - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by kcchiefsrule
                        This is one of those cases where a girl knows that he's a star now, and might be able to get some money from him. It's what people do - if you read one of the reports, it says she went home and didn't file a report, and after hours of talking with friends, she decided it was the right thing to do.

Then LJ turns himself in, he probably knew what she was doing and read it like a book. He hasn't been (and shouldn't be) guilty of any abuse in this case. Stupid? Yes. Unfortunate? Yes. Girl looking for money? Yes.

this is exactly what my hubby said about this...I tend to agree too....
                        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by moonshot314
                          Biggest legal headache? Minor run ins dont cause a legal headache.. The worse thing that happened was our kicker punched a bouncer.. Let me say again, our kicker.. Your right it was a bar full of witnesses, and her story still isnt adding up.. She publicly denied him supposedly grabbing her and dragging her.. And you point out that he asked them to make her leave.. Could it be that he requested they make her leave because he knew she was going to cause trouble? Your chastizing him for trying to avoid a situation, then you proclaim his guilt and call someone an ambulance chasing lawyer, when that person is merely letting the case run its course.. You are just using this as a chance to attack the chiefs, and this LJ case wont even make a courtroom... She has too many inconsistencies.. After having time to think about it she probly thought "hey i can benefit from this situation if i twist the truth a bit" ... point is athletes are targets for people, and now he has become a target for you.. Luckily you are not a part of our justice system, as you like to act as judge jury and executioner..

Speaking of judge and jury you've got this guy suceeding the next pope becaue he was such a great guy and had her run off by some bouncers.

First off the league has a perception problem when 4 or 5 guys get arrested from one team within a month and another is suspended for Steroids. So what if it was your kicker he's still a part of the team. By your reasoning if the trainer goes out and rapes half of KC it's not a problem because he's "just" the trainer! THAT is a perception problem whether you think it is or not. Assuming that you have a job have 4 or five of you fellow co-workers had run in's with the law in the past month? It's not just the Chefs either the Bucs had a corner arrested for drunk driving the other day as well.

It's amazing how these atheltes are all innocent becasue these "girls" are out to make a quick buck and what do these players do to get rid of them pay them off. If they were so innocent then why pay them off?

Have you ever had to deal with women who are physically abused and/or sexually abused? 90% of the time that it ends up on the report desk it is not the first time and they typically retract their statemens and change their story to protect their abuser. Take a look at Milton Bradley the police have attended his house THREE times in a month to deal with him abusing his pregnant wife. She has refused to press charges? Because suposedly she has worked it out with Milton. Does that meant that Milton is a geat innocent guy?

Comment

Working...
                          X