Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota

Better off w/o Moss? Perhaps the better question is, are they better off with Tyse coaching? For some reason a lot of people picked the Vikings to be a great team this year. I kept asking them based on what? They did nothing to get better other than getting rid of Moss, wich I can tell you was a mistake. What's your take?

They signed a lot of free agents that were supposed to improve their defense.

The biggest problem there is the RB position. Great depth, but no clear cut stud. Without any running consistency, teams will focus more on the passing game. Without Moss drawing major attention, it becomes somewhat easier to stop their passing attack, although, I think the recievers they have are much more balanced in overall talent level.

Overall, I still think they are the best team in that division, and a top 3 NFC team.

Tice's playcalling woud have to be so bad for them NOT to make the playoffs.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

I agree with you that losing Moss was huge..but they aren't necessary worse off with him...because what I noticed last year was that when Moss was in the game, they would force the ball to him even if he was double covered..Now, with the superstar gone, they can actually spread it out to other WR's..Culpepper was doing awesome last year with Moss out...

Minnesota did get a good deal though...Williamson is just amazing and surprisingly Napoleon Harris has played well for them...but Tice is probably the worst coach out there, him and his staff just make horrible decisions when the game is on the line too...(ie running a reverse pass with Moss)...and a whole lot of other bad calls..Viking fans can concur..
      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

vikes or yikes

well they did improve their defense. The problem with this is that they have so many new people starting that they need time to gel.

as for their offense:

1) new coordinator and i know for a fact that he's not as good as Scott Linehan
        2) birk is good but thats only when he plays
        3) the offensive line looked terrible without their leader (see 2)

I think that they just need to get back in the groove which may take 2 games to do. I like Tice cause he's all about taking care of the players but I still am not sold on him being the head coach
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
          They signed a lot of free agents that were supposed to improve their defense.

The biggest problem there is the RB position. Great depth, but no clear cut stud. Without any running consistency, teams will focus more on the passing game. Without Moss drawing major attention, it becomes somewhat easier to stop their passing attack, although, I think the recievers they have are much more balanced in overall talent level.

Overall, I still think they are the best team in that division, and a top 3 NFC team.

Tice's playcalling woud have to be so bad for them NOT to make the playoffs.
          Isn't that what Denver has at RB also? Great depth, but so far no clear cut stud. I guess the difference is Denver has a better O-line.
          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
            Isn't that what Denver has at RB also? Great depth, but so far no clear cut stud. I guess the difference is Denver has a better O-line.
            Yeah Denver does have a WAYYY better O-line..but you're right, we do have the same situation here...I don't really see Anderson as a starter, Tatum or Dayne could come in and take the load easily...it really sucks for fantasy football..LOL
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

[QUOTE=broncofan303]...because what I noticed last year was that when Moss was in the game, they would force the ball to him even if he was double covered..

QUOTE]

Thats the same thing that the Raiders tried to do against NE. Hopefully they continue that trend and fail at it.

Comment

Minnesota needs help with the running game.. Thats what is going to get them beat.. Randy Moss isnt there to draw coverage.. When the safeties were following him downfield, it made average RBs look great.. Now that noone is drawing that coverage.. The safeties are freed up to make plays.. Minnesota cant run the ball well enough to keep a defense honest. I had culpepper as my fantasy qb, but hes since been benched as i think this is going to be the longest year of his career..

Comment

Its one game, so who knows. But they where on my top 5 most overrated teams list coming into the year.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway=Goat
                    Its one game, so who knows. But they where on my top 5 most overrated teams list coming into the year.

I dont think they were overrated.. They made great strides on defense.. I just dont think people forsaw the problems they would have running the ball

Comment

Originally posted by moonshot314
                      I dont think they were overrated.. They made great strides on defense.. I just dont think people forsaw the problems they would have running the ball

To me, its the same thing every year. The vikings come out stong(not this week) and go 6-0 everyone jumps on the bandwagon because they look great on paper, and they either miss the playoffs or get smoked in the playoffs.

To me(but to a lesser extent) they are like the NFC colts. They look fantastic on paper, but in the end seem to come up short. Some people had the vikings winning the superbowl, I think they are a wild card team, myself.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway=Goat
                        To me, its the same thing every year. The vikings come out stong(not this week) and go 6-0 everyone jumps on the bandwagon because they look great on paper, and they either miss the playoffs or get smoked in the playoffs.
                        Does that sound familiar?

Comment

While Moss wasn't the best personallity to have around the team, you can't take away what he can do on the field...The Vikings are clearly worse without him.

www.footballforum.com

Comment

The Bungles are killing the vikes at the moment. At this rate the vikes will be up for an early pick in next year's draft.

Comment

I know, I can't believe it. Where's this rookie receiver that can be compared to Moss? Not quite effective, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X