Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    no

    they have good running backs and like I said they do have poor planning which resides with the coaching staff. The poor planning with the running game is that they dont run enough which they had a problem with towards the end of last year.

    I didnt mean to offend you KC I just gets sick of hearing that the root of all their problems is Moss.
    Glen Haven Fire

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by armedequation
      they have good running backs and like I said they do have poor planning which resides with the coaching staff. The poor planning with the running game is that they dont run enough which they had a problem with towards the end of last year.

      I didnt mean to offend you KC I just gets sick of hearing that the root of all their problems is Moss.
      Their running backs are marginal at best.. The yardage they put up in the past looked good because the safety and the whole side of the defense was chasing moss downfield.. What it boils down to is, they dont have anything that can take the pressure off of culpepper.. They have recievers that can be covered one on one and an average at best running game, so teams can line up and throw pressure at culpepper all day long..

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
        I'm actually am not too suprised that the Vikings are doing poorly this year, so far.

        Vikings Gameplan:
        1. Trade biggest Offensive threat.
        2. Spend lots of money on free agent talent.
        3. Keep same set of coaches.
        4. Have no actual Offensive threats after Burlinson (sp?).
        5. Continue to have no running game.
        6. ????????????????
        7. Win!

        Sorry, just doesn't work like that in the NFL.
        To that list I'd add Scott Linehan's departure to the Fins as an additional contributory factor in the Vikes current woes.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Jaws
          To that list I'd add Scott Linehan's departure to the Fins as an additional contributory factor in the Vikes current woes.
          I didn't even know that. That's a huge factor alone.

          Comment


          • #35
            no

            bennett is a better than average rb, but that only if he can stay healthy. Which I dont see how he could get hurt when he only carries the ball 5 times a game. They need to stick faison in there and see what he can do.

            Moon you have no base for your argument that they are marginal as they havent been given a chance to run. Bennet is a very explosive runner when given the chance, and some good play calling. You seem to forget that the runner must first get past the d line and linebackers before you get to the saftey level


            I've already said that it all boils down to the coaching staff (which it does) and I've already stated that a big part of that was when the vikes let Scott Linehan go and thats the problem
            Glen Haven Fire

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by armedequation
              bennett is a better than average rb, but that only if he can stay healthy. Which I dont see how he could get hurt when he only carries the ball 5 times a game. They need to stick faison in there and see what he can do.

              Moon you have no base for your argument that they are marginal as they havent been given a chance to run. Bennet is a very explosive runner when given the chance, and some good play calling. You seem to forget that the runner must first get past the d line and linebackers before you get to the saftey level


              I've already said that it all boils down to the coaching staff (which it does) and I've already stated that a big part of that was when the vikes let Scott Linehan go and thats the problem
              The reason they are marginal is because without someone like a randy moss to drag half the defense down the field, they have poor numbers..

              Comment


              • #37
                uh

                I'll stop posting cause you stopped listening
                Glen Haven Fire

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by armedequation
                  I'll stop posting cause you stopped listening
                  Ok ill give you that today they stuck with the run and everything seemed to come together.. I couldve been wrong but it will take more than one week to prove it.. If they come out next week and repeat the performance they gave today, i will have been wrong.. Only time will tell

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    last year

                    they started the bad habit of only running 10 or less times last year and became one dimensional on offense. The difference is this year they cant do that and get away with it. The play calling this year has been atrocious and whether big mike wants to admit it or not it falls on him.

                    Even as a fan I dont put anything on last weeks victory as it was against the saints (after 4 straight road games and going through what they are any team would be the same way). Depending on how their defense play this week will determine the outcome of the game
                    Glen Haven Fire

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X