Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Smith most underrated player in football history?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jimmy Smith most underrated player in football history?

    He caught 2 TD's today.

    Here's the career stats for the most underrated player of all-time

    799 Catches
    11,394 Receiving Yards in his career
    63 TD's
    14.2 yds per
    5 Pro Bowls
    Only missed 4 games in last 9 years
    Only Steve Largent has more catches than Smith among current Hall of Fame receivers
    Greatest Jaguar of All-Time


    You never hear about this guy as an alite reciver. The guy is amazing.

    I personally think hes hall of fame material.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

    Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

    Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

  • #2
    Yes, I think he is underrated...all he does in perform and perform well..its the same thing with Rod Smith..he makes all these huge third down conversions and always shows up for games..
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Elway=Goat
      He caught 2 TD's today.

      Here's the career stats for the most underrated player of all-time

      799 Catches
      11,394 Receiving Yards in his career
      63 TD's
      14.2 yds per
      5 Pro Bowls
      Only missed 4 games in last 9 years
      Only Steve Largent has more catches than Smith among current Hall of Fame receivers
      Greatest Jaguar of All-Time


      You never hear about this guy as an alite reciver. The guy is amazing.

      I personally think hes hall of fame material.


      I'll take Rod Smith over Jimmy Smith.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think it comes down to him and Rod. The things they are saying about Rod now ( getting old, slow ) they have been saying about Smith for the past couple years. They are similar players.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          I think it comes down to him and Rod. The things they are saying about Rod now ( getting old, slow ) they have been saying about Smith for the past couple years. They are similar players.
          Rod dosent have to use speed to be effective. Ill tell you one thing though, there isnt many better blocking Wide outs than Rod. Thats valuable, but you could throw rod in there. Guys who arnt flashy and cocky dont get as much credit as they should. Marvin Harrison is a good example of that.
          Last edited by Elway=Goat; 09-18-2005, 12:17 AM.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

          Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

          Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Elway=Goat
            He caught 2 TD's today.

            Here's the career stats for the most underrated player of all-time

            799 Catches
            11,394 Receiving Yards in his career
            63 TD's
            14.2 yds per
            5 Pro Bowls
            Only missed 4 games in last 9 years
            Only Steve Largent has more catches than Smith among current Hall of Fame receivers
            Greatest Jaguar of All-Time


            You never hear about this guy as an alite reciver. The guy is amazing.

            I personally think hes hall of fame material.
            Those 4 games he missed wasn't because he was hurt. A little "violation of the leagues substance abuse policy".

            No doubt he's the greatest Jag of all time. He is very similar to Rod. He produces year in and year out under the radar. Definetly hall of fame worthy. He's got another year or two after this one. Might end up getting 1000 catches.
            Last edited by In-com-plete; 09-17-2005, 08:12 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Elway=Goat
              Rod dosent have to use speed to be effective. Ill tell you one thing though, there isnt many better blocking Wide outs than Rod. Thats valuable, but you could throw rode in there. Guys who arnt flashy and cocky dont get as much credit as they should. Marvin Harrison is a good example of that.
              good post hines ward is prolly the best blocking WR though lol
              sigpic

              Broncs All the Way Baby!

              Comment


              • #8
                Before him it was McCaffrey.

                Man I miss McCaffrey... quite possibly the best possession receiver ever, IMO.


                "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                - Carl Sagan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                  good post hines ward is prolly the best blocking WR though lol
                  That I will agree with. Ward isnt exactly a big guy either.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

                  Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

                  Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X