Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the Chargers favored so heavily??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the Chargers favored so heavily??

NY isn't a cakewalk anymore...Their run defense has been awesome, they got Strahan back too. Manning can throw the ball, and Plaxico Burress is a monster when he wants to be. Don't forget Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs either. The only advantage I see the Chargers having is they play the game at home...Their pass defense isn't very good, which Manning should take advantage of.

These teams are very comparable if you ask me...

Come on ESPN and Salisbury, let's face it, the Chargers are 0-2 after all...

BTW-I don't classify this as smack, so...

Originally posted by WABronco
    NY isn't a cakewalk anymore...Their run defense has been awesome, they got Strahan back too. Manning can throw the ball, and Plaxico Burress is a monster when he wants to be. Don't forget Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs either. The only advantage I see the Chargers having is they play the game at home...Their pass defense isn't very good, which Manning should take advantage of.

These teams are very comparable if you ask me...

Come on ESPN and Salisbury, let's face it, the Chargers are 0-2 after all...

BTW-I don't classify this as smack, so...
    Because the Giants have not played anyone worth anything yet and the chargers are probly going to kill them.

Comment

hmmm, good reply

Comment

I agree that San Diego has every reason to get this one. The Giants have played two teams that weren't picked by anybody to be contenders this year. Although the Card's played OK, the Saints made a lot of mistakes in that game. Brooks was lighting NY's secondary up, but they never capitolized. Manning had all the time in the world in both of those games.

The Bolts played a solid Cowboys team who should be 2-0, and may very well have won had Gates played. They lost in Denver (arguably one of the 5 toughest places to visit in the NFL), by a late field goal.

The Bolts absolutely need this one anyways. If the Giants win, then yeah, I give 'em props. It's highly unexpected though. It's going to be an intresting game either way.

Comment

They are favored because it is Eli Manning against the team he refused to play for. Emotions will run very high.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
            They are favored because it is Eli Manning against the team he refused to play for. Emotions will run very high.

...very high both ways maybe? I doubt Manning will come out and choke. It's gonna be a good game.

Comment

Manning and Shockey seemed to be linking up quite nicely in last week's game. Both their victories have been pretty impressive even though against weak opposition. I think SD will have a tough game.
              Last edited by Jaws; 09-25-2005, 09:08 AM.

Comment

This is a game SD has been looking to for 2 years.... all that stuff you hear bout the chargers players not caring anymore is B.S. they just arent trying to give the giatns any motivation or bulletin board clippings... you think our GM isn't talking this week for nothing??? San Diego may generally be a easy place to play by NFL standards... but I gurantee you this week San Diego will be the most Hostile enviornment in the NFL. Sheli Manning dolls are already being burned in mass in the parking lot. Elisha will have hell to pay come 5:30 PST
                2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

Heh. I wish Archie would come out of retirement, so I could watch somebody hit him too.

Comment

Marty will hand the Giants a win.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
                      Marty will hand the Giants a win.
                      No.. Marty is a good coach.. He will find a way to win..

but I gurantee you this week San Diego will be the most Hostile enviornment in the NFL.
                      San diego and hostile environment dont go together.. Most people in that area dont care about the chargers..

Comment

the giants secondary is full of holes especially between 5 and 15 yards past the line of scrimmage. I think if Brees and gates exploit that it could be a big game. The question is, can the Giants keep up with them if they cant stop them.
                        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

ugghh

ahh, nevermind, jeez...

Comment

San Diego is kicking NY's butt right now.

What did you expect . . . . in San Diego?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              San Diego is kicking NY's butt right now.

What did you expect . . . . in San Diego?

-----
                              I kinda expected this but id like to see san diego in a 0-3 hole because i think they are a good team and if they get rolling they could be a problem in the west

Comment

Working...
                              X