John Madden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Madden

Im sorry, but this guy just cant cut it as an announcer. I mean how many names did he get wrong? On a replay, Charlie Adams became "Waters", we had "Foxworthy" at one point. And then the stupidest comment of all. While reviewing a catch, we hear "You know, you never wanted apples or walnuts in your stocking" WHAT THE HELL? Im sorry abc, you need to find a real announcer
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Originally posted by chickennob2
    Im sorry, but this guy just cant cut it as an announcer. I mean how many names did he get wrong? On a replay, Charlie Adams became "Waters", we had "Foxworthy" at one point. And then the stupidest comment of all. While reviewing a catch, we hear "You know, you never wanted apples or walnuts in your stocking" WHAT THE HELL? Im sorry abc, you need to find a real announcer
    LMAO...
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

It is better than Dennis Miller's unusual comments.

Like for example he might say:

" Dante Hall just pulled a Anne Heche on Vermeil, reminds me of the time that I walked into an Outback Steakhouse and asked for a quarter pounder with cheese."

The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

John Madden was John Madden as usual, but I thought he actually did a fairly well "Madden" job last night.

Comment

i still prefer him over any of the other colour commentary guys. He may not always get names right but its his job to put across the technical side of the game, how plays work and whats going to happen rather than getting names right. Its Al Michaels job to do that. And John Madden prob knows more about the game than any of the other guys in his position on the other networks.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I like Madden (for an ex-Faider). He certainly beats the guys that we get for the NFL World commentary for the Superbowl.

Ok so he makes mistakes with names, hell my gran used to go through the entire family before getting to my name, it happens.

He's still got the highest winning percentage of any coach, and he does a a pretty good job of explaining the 'Xs' & 'Os' as he sees them. He knows his stuff, even if he gets names wrong from time to time.
            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
              i still prefer him over any of the other colour commentary guys. He may not always get names right but its his job to put across the technical side of the game, how plays work and whats going to happen rather than getting names right. Its Al Michaels job to do that. And John Madden prob knows more about the game than any of the other guys in his position on the other networks.
              At least he's not as bad at remembering names as some of the guys who comment on soccer in England. Names like Bobby robson and Gazza spring to mind and Jack Charlton when he was Ireland manager was classic.

Comment

I think the king of not knowing what's going on in a game is Paul McGuire for Sunday nights. Without Theisman and Patrick there, this guy wouldn't have a clue who just caught the ball or fumbled it or whatever.

How many times have I heard

McGuire: "and that's the end of the quarter"
                Theisman: "actually they just called a timeout"

Can't wait for em to break those guys up, geeesh!

Comment

i think the next game should be thiesman 07
                  SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                  Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2

Reguardless, Madden is still the best without question.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                      I think the king of not knowing what's going on in a game is Paul McGuire for Sunday nights. Without Theisman and Patrick there, this guy wouldn't have a clue who just caught the ball or fumbled it or whatever.

How many times have I heard

McGuire: "and that's the end of the quarter"
                      Theisman: "actually they just called a timeout"

Can't wait for em to break those guys up, geeesh!
                      LOL.........

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                        Reguardless, Madden is still the best without question.

Are you kidding me, he is always bumbling and spitting out sentence fragments and useless crap. He states the obvious, which any football fan can do. He tries to be funny at times and you are only laughing at him and not with him.

All he did for 10 years was call SF, Dallas and Green Bay games for the NFC, and always will favor those teams. He has no true football insight of the CURRENT NFL. The NFL is different from when he coached. He still thinks Green Bay and Dallas are power house franchises and he is Brett Favre's secret love....never mind, I won't go there.
                        The three Keys to football
                        1. Turnovers
                        2. Field Position
                        3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                          It is better than Dennis Miller's unusual comments.

Like for example he might say:

" Dante Hall just pulled a Anne Heche on Vermeil, reminds me of the time that I walked into an Outback Steakhouse and asked for a quarter pounder with cheese."

Funny but true^

Speaking of McGuire, I remember one game where the score was like 20 to 14, and at the comercial break he's like "the score: 20 to 4 as we head to a comercial break". Theisman, in the background, goes "WHAT!?".

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                            Are you kidding me, he is always bumbling and spitting out sentence fragments and useless crap. He states the obvious, which any football fan can do. He tries to be funny at times and you are only laughing at him and not with him.

All he did for 10 years was call SF, Dallas and Green Bay games for the NFC, and always will favor those teams. He has no true football insight of the CURRENT NFL. The NFL is different from when he coached. He still thinks Green Bay and Dallas are power house franchises and he is Brett Favre's secret love....never mind, I won't go there.

He calls the game like he coached. When he says something, it may seem simple and obvious to you but that's how he says it that makes it sound simple. This is how he was able to turn ordinary players into studs when he coached in Oakland. He was able to get his ideas across easily with little effort. He's especially helpfull for those that don't understand the game as well as you or I do.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.
                            That's a quote I'll always remember of Madden.

Comment

Im not a madden fan.. I was happy to hear MNF was leaving abc, but then when i heard about ESPN, i wasnt happy anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X