COLTS "D" MIGHT BE A FLUKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLTS "D" MIGHT BE A FLUKE

Now i know they have talented players and i may be wrong here, but who have they faced with a strong offense? Lets see...the Ravens, the Jags, the Browns, and the Titans....i dont think any of those teams were even top 15 last year. I guess it will pan out through the season....but i for one am not impressed yet. I just hope the 4 touchdown performance from last week doesnt get the manning ball rollin, because im still much more weary of their offense. What do you guys think?
    http://www.easports.com/madden06/profile.jsp?server=madden2006&playername=XEngageEi ghtX&player=XEngageEightX&platform=xbl
    EA SPORTS Madden NFL 06 Profile

Oh yeah, and they'll get their first real test this week... against the 49ers with a rookie getting his first start at QB.

They'll look good for at least another week.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm...........food for thought: Tony Dungee was a DEF COORD before he ever was a HC.
      I think they will have a solid season, but not in the top 10.

Comment

good point man...who did they blow to get this schedule? Not that i have one spec of love for the raiders but man what a list. They go 4-12 last year and the colts get the crap teams. No justice i tell you. and by the way if the colts D gets more love after a win in SF....well lets just say i'll need some new underwear
        http://www.easports.com/madden06/profile.jsp?server=madden2006&playername=XEngageEi ghtX&player=XEngageEightX&platform=xbl
        EA SPORTS Madden NFL 06 Profile

Comment

Well, could be a complete blowout... which means they'll probably get SOME love, but if the offense clicks again, they'll start stealing attention just the same way they steal the salary from the defense. I do think they're improved, (which isn't saying much) but no... I doubt they'll be top 10 at the end of the year.

But they can keep raking in fantasy points for me if they'd like. I won't complain.

Comment

You guys might be right. This teams defense hasnt been tested yet.. And the rest of the schedule is pretty much the same (EASY).. However, this team is beating the teams its supposed to be beating. If the colts get homefield advantage through the playoffs this team could very well go to the superbowl.

Comment

Colts D is for real. Looking at it on paper you might not see it, but they play good as a whole Def. Now why hasnt KC done that yet
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

This guy at work thinks i'm crazy for not agreeing that the Colts will go to the Superbowl. My argument: who have they faced? I mean, the only team that has put up a decent fight was the Jaguars. The Colts probably have the easiest (if not, close enough) schedule in the NFL. Everybody's saying "OMG THEY'RE 5-0 THIS IS PEYTON'S YEAR HE'S THE GOD OF THE NFL COLTS WILL WIN IT ALL!!!" Truth be told, the Colts defense won't be enough to survive.

They don't say defense wins championships for nothing. KC in 03 - by the end of the year, their defense was in the crapper. Offense still kicked ass, but defense couldn't show up. When the Colts make the postseason (because the commissioner basically handed it to them this year), they won't have a defense that's good enough to stop a real team.

I haven't bought into the Colts. Things might change, but their true team is masked by a 5-0 record, and none of the dumbass 'experts' have come to think, "who have they played this year?"

Baltimore is not a valid answer. They suck ass this year.

Oh and BTW - I find it funny how the dumbass 'experts' are saying "OMG PEYTON MANNING IS A GENIUS, HE'S GOING FOR HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!!!" I say "DUH, RETARDS. THAT'S WHAT EVERY TEAM WANTS." Peyton Manning is a human, just like the rest of us. Quit thinking he's immortal, that any word that he says is worth more than any amount of gold.
                Last edited by kcchiefsrule; 10-10-2005, 05:08 AM.

Comment

If the colts get homefield advantage this year, i seriously think that they are going all the way. Either way, i hope the pats pull things together down the stretch so they can take care if Indy for us in the playoffs.
                  Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by kcchiefsrule
                    This guy at work thinks i'm crazy for not agreeing that the Colts will go to the Superbowl. My argument: who have they faced? I mean, the only team that has put up a decent fight was the Jaguars. The Colts probably have the easiest (if not, close enough) schedule in the NFL. Everybody's saying "OMG THEY'RE 5-0 THIS IS PEYTON'S YEAR HE'S THE GOD OF THE NFL COLTS WILL WIN IT ALL!!!" Truth be told, the Colts defense won't be enough to survive.

They don't say defense wins championships for nothing. KC in 03 - by the end of the year, their defense was in the crapper. Offense still kicked ass, but defense couldn't show up. When the Colts make the postseason (because the commissioner basically handed it to them this year), they won't have a defense that's good enough to stop a real team.

I haven't bought into the Colts. Things might change, but their true team is masked by a 5-0 record, and none of the dumbass 'experts' have come to think, "who have they played this year?"

Baltimore is not a valid answer. They suck ass this year.

Oh and BTW - I find it funny how the dumbass 'experts' are saying "OMG PEYTON MANNING IS A GENIUS, HE'S GOING FOR HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!!!" I say "DUH, RETARDS. THAT'S WHAT EVERY TEAM WANTS. Peyton Manning is a human, just like the rest of us. Quit thinking he's immortal, that any word that he says is worth more than any amount of gold.
                    CP for you
                    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by Xengage-eightX
                      good point man...who did they blow to get this schedule? Not that i have one spec of love for the raiders but man what a list. They go 4-12 last year and the colts get the crap teams. No justice i tell you. and by the way if the colts D gets more love after a win in SF....well lets just say i'll need some new underwear
                      It's all part of the NFL - Colts Conspiracy. First was the coverage rule change, and that didn't work, so now it's in game officiating and strength of schedule to give them home field advantage. I like how this years SB is played in Detroit. What they forgot was that teams who wear blue in Detroit get their asses kicked.

Speaking of lame teams and Detroit, the Lions won last weekend. I guess the poor coaches are going to have to play Harrington for a couple more games.

Comment

I agree, the NFL office makes changes to benefit 'favorite' teams.

The guys at work still think the Colts will go all the way to the Superbowl, and my dad was eating with us and commented that "the Colts are looking pretty tough."

"They haven't done enough on defense, they won't get to the Superbowl."
                        "But the Colts have the 2nd-ranked defense."

Right about then, I was ending my lunch and was thinking - "but what good offenses have they faced? Baltimore? Pfft. Cleveland? Still working. Tennessee? Off-and-on. San Francisco? Hah. Jaguars were probably the best team they've played, and it was still in their own house. I wish people would realize that Peyton Manning, as good a quarterback as he is, will probably never beat the Patriots. Every superstar has that team..."

I will root against the Colts all year. Anybody got a number on their ease of schedule? 2nd, 3rd easiest? Or just THE easiest?

Oh, and I just looked - they have the 7th-ranked defense. Hah, KC had the 9th-ranked defense through four games last year, I think it was. Still sucked... watch the Colts' defensive weaknesses be exploited against the Pats and Steelers. Then everybody will be whuppin' on them.
                        Last edited by kcchiefsrule; 10-11-2005, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Exactly...Im glad other people arnt buying into the garbage that the Colts have a good defense. The Ravens, Titans, Jags, 49ers, and Browns arnt exactly all offensive teams. They have had one of the easier schedules I have seen in sometime. Part of it is the leagues fault, part of it is the teams in there division putting together really bad teams.

The Raiders have a much tougher schedules in the league and they sucked last year. I hate the Raiders as much as the next guy, but how does the Raiders get a scheduel like they get, and the Colts get one like they get. This is the league wanting to be more offensive, have Peyton manning as the goldin boy. The guy who dosent talk much and puts up alot of TD's.

I still thought Pitt would of beat them last year too. Im not convinced that they are better than even pitt...Much less the Pats. I dont think it matters where the game is going to be played. I think the Pats can go TD to TD with them, or with a 3-0 ball game.

This is the same argument I had with the Bengals last week. Everyone was saying Superbowl contend? They play one decent team and lose. There previous games where all cupcakes. Same thing with the Bucs, and Skins.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway=Goat
                            Exactly...Im glad other people arnt buying into the garbage that the Colts have a good defense. The Ravens, Titans, Jags, 49ers, and Browns arnt exactly all offensive teams. They have had one of the easier schedules I have seen in sometime. Part of it is the leagues fault, part of it is the teams in there division putting together really bad teams.

The Raiders have a much tougher schedules in the league and they sucked last year. I hate the Raiders as much as the next guy, but how does the Raiders get a scheduel like they get, and the Colts get one like they get. This is the league wanting to be more offensive, have Peyton manning as the goldin boy. The guy who dosent talk much and puts up alot of TD's.

I still thought Pitt would of beat them last year too. Im not convinced that they are better than even pitt...Much less the Pats. I dont think it matters where the game is going to be played. I think the Pats can go TD to TD with them, or with a 3-0 ball game.

This is the same argument I had with the Bengals last week. Everyone was saying Superbowl contend? They play one decent team and lose. There previous games where all cupcakes. Same thing with the Bucs, and Skins.
                            I have to admit though. Tampa is a much improved team.

Comment

Working...
                            X