Peyton Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning

Okay, being a Texan Fan(Insert thousands of jokes here) I naturally despise the Colts and all. But did anyone else hear Peyton yelling at the refs and throwing a fit over the fumble? He kept yelling that they got it back, he even looked pouty. Let the men do their jobs, Manning.
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

personally i hate manning, not because he sh*ts on our team in the playoffs, but because he complains about everything. even if the colts are up 53-0 hes still on the sideline b**chin about every little mistake by anyone who is not him. He's a pain in the a$$ i hate watching him because hes not fun to watch. he shows no emotion during the game, just straight seriousness. Its football, a game, have some fun payton.

Side note. Rams would of won that game if bulger didn't get hurt, they scored 28 points on turnovers, most of them by the back up qb. I hope the colts choke, they are just not a fun team to watch. so serious all the time.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

I respect Peyton as a player, and leadership is a good quality for a QB to have..but he pushes the line. He yells at his team mates, tries to do the ref's jobs for them. He should motivate his team, but not dictate them like he tries to
      Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Originally posted by David_Carr
        I respect Peyton as a player, and leadership is a good quality for a QB to have..but he pushes the line. He yells at his team mates, tries to do the ref's jobs for them. He should motivate his team, but not dictate them like he tries to
        The man thinks he's god. on the fumble he was all over the ref when the ref made a great call saying it was ram ball. clearly the rams player had 2 hands around the ball while james only had one. Payton didn't know what he was talkin about he just thinks he knows everything. he was all the way in the back field, you tell me how he say that when you could only really see the play from a side or frontal view.

hes a great qb don't get me wrong im not deminishing he skills, i think he is one the best qbs ever, but i just don't like his personality.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

Great job by Terik Glenn backing his linemen up.

Peyton is a baby. . .I'd be ashamed to be his brother.

Comment

Payton Manning is the man. He is the best. I may not like the guy but he has my respect.

As far as the fumble goes, comeon, if you are any kind of leader you try and influence any decision you can. I won't fault the guy for trying to persuade a ref that the Colts have the ball. It was potentially a game changing moment. He plays with fire and intensity that I appreciate.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by NJfan26
              personally i hate manning, not because he sh*ts on our team in the playoffs, but because he complains about everything. even if the colts are up 53-0 hes still on the sideline b**chin about every little mistake by anyone who is not him. He's a pain in the a$$ i hate watching him because hes not fun to watch. he shows no emotion during the game, just straight seriousness. Its football, a game, have some fun payton.

Side note. Rams would of won that game if bulger didn't get hurt, they scored 28 points on turnovers, most of them by the back up qb. I hope the colts choke, they are just not a fun team to watch. so serious all the time.
              I highly doubt that you would find someone laughing their butts off all the way to the line and actually he is very fun to watch he is a huge playmaker and u have to know this isnt high school college football the athletes get paid BIG BIG BIG money especially Manning to play well and effectively so he can't be lolligagging around the whole time joking with people. BTW that game the colts were getting burned at the beginning so he had to have said something to get the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
                Payton Manning is the man. He is the best. I may not like the guy but he has my respect.

As far as the fumble goes, comeon, if you are any kind of leader you try and influence any decision you can. I won't fault the guy for trying to persuade a ref that the Colts have the ball. It was potentially a game changing moment. He plays with fire and intensity that I appreciate.
                I agree with you. He is everything you want a leader to be. Leaders get onto other players when they arent playing well. Leaders get involved with the officials. When he gets in the mix with the officials, hes very respectful of them. He just tries to sway them. Every player tries to sway the officials, it was just that he was miked so it seemed that he did it more than others. There should be more leaders like him in the league. He gets the best out of his teammates, and hes not an arrogant ime player like a TO.

Comment

Originally posted by David_Carr
                  Okay, being a Texan Fan(Insert thousands of jokes here) I naturally despise the Colts and all. But did anyone else hear Peyton yelling at the refs and throwing a fit over the fumble? He kept yelling that they got it back, he even looked pouty. Let the men do their jobs, Manning.
                  Nice sig pic.

I think Manning is a good qb, and a good leader. I doubt anyone works much harder off the field. That doesn't mean I don't hate him though. I was laughing pretty hard when he was begging the refs to change that call. His accent is hollarious. He sounded like Lucy Ball out there. "C'mon guys, he got the foot ball."

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                    I highly doubt that you would find someone laughing their butts off all the way to the line and actually he is very fun to watch he is a huge playmaker and u have to know this isnt high school college football the athletes get paid BIG BIG BIG money especially Manning to play well and effectively so he can't be lolligagging around the whole time joking with people. BTW that game the colts were getting burned at the beginning so he had to have said something to get the ball.
                    who said anything about him joking around with people. i don't care if he jokes around with people all i was saying was he has a boring personality. yeah so he is an amazing qb, no one is arguing that. hes a leader, playmaker, role model, blah blah blah, i would much rather watch a qb like like mcnabb over manning just becaseu hes more fun to watch. the way he interacts with his teamates and shows that he is actually having fun out on the field makes football fun. Its not fun watching some one throw a td and walk of the field complaining that he didn't get a holding call that would of been declined anyway. <---Just an example did mean he actually did it, but it is something that hew would do. This is just MY opinion of the guy no one else has to share it, i just like watching people that actually look like they enjoy the game and not just do it for the paycheck. Yes its a job, but you can have fun at your job, if you don't then your called a work-o-holic, and thats what manning is, a no fun work-o-holic.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
                      I won't fault the guy for trying to persuade a ref
                      The fumble call aside,

The problem I have with Manning is he butts his nose into every referee huddle after a penalty is called. He has to put his 2 cents in on every flag. I don't see him wearing zebra stripes and he needs to back off and let them do their job. I posted in the "change a rule" thread under general discussion that this should be a penalty.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I think anyone who comes on here and says they hate Manning is jealous. What is there to hate about the guy?

He is a great leader, great competitor, probably the smartest QB in the league, works as hard if not harder than anyone studying the game, has a great arm and accuracy, and is a good spokesman for the game. He doesn't get in trouble, talk bad about anyone (fans, coaches, other players, officials, etc. ) and just gets the job done week end and week out.

So if you hate him, as a few of you have said, that is a ridiculous statement. It would be easy for us Bronco fans to say we hate him because of the woooooping he has put on us two years in a row in the playoffs, but if anyone should have been hated it was our entire defense and how they played, not Manning. He just took advantage of both opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                          I think anyone who comes on here and says they hate Manning is jealous. What is there to hate about the guy?

He is a great leader, great competitor, probably the smartest QB in the league, works as hard if not harder than anyone studying the game, has a great arm and accuracy, and is a good spokesman for the game. He doesn't get in trouble, talk bad about anyone (fans, coaches, other players, officials, etc. ) and just gets the job done week end and week out.

So if you hate him, as a few of you have said, that is a ridiculous statement. It would be easy for us Bronco fans to say we hate him because of the woooooping he has put on us two years in a row in the playoffs, but if anyone should have been hated it was our entire defense and how they played, not Manning. He just took advantage of both opportunities.
                          umm, you should reread the post them because noone is saying that they hate payton as a player....

for the last time payton is a great qb, just because he is a great qb doesn't mean you have to like him. I respect him but don't like him.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle

Oh certainly. Peyton Manning is the s***. I loved it when he threw that TD to Marvin Harrison, and Harrison pointed at the Denver DB who got decleated, as Harrison ran into the endzone. I love how Peyton Manning get's all this attention for being the greatest QB of the Modern NFL, and he's preassured to throw early once a game. I wish Edgerin James would rush for twenty yards every touch, instead of ten. Yeah. Peyton Manning throws a hundred TD's a year, and gets smoked in the playoffs. He's my idol.

Sarcasm aside: Manning is a good QB. As a Bronco fan, I cannot restrain my hate.

Comment

I'm impressed with the objectivity in this thread.

Its good to see real football talk from real football fans every once in a while instead of the typical haterade nonsense.
                              James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Working...
                              X