Peyton Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dred
    I hear ya man. I'm actually surprised you haven't mentioned all of the nonsense he does at the line of scrimmage. With him constantly changing the plays, etc.

I can see where that would drive most opposing fans crazy.

Actually what drives me crazier is when I play against the Colts in Madden...they do keep it realistic...but too much so with Manning...you sit there, waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...til you just about fall asleep before he finally snaps the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
      Well it seems the league is now going to be watching Mr. Manning and his "antics" My fantasy league news today on AOL.

11/03/05 11:31 AM
      THE NEWS
      The Colts' use of a play involving a direct snap to a running back while Peyton Manning walks behind the line of scrimmage apparently calling an audible has come under league scrutiny. The NFL provided clarification regarding the rules governing such a play to the Colts this week after Manning was penalized for illegal motion while running the play October 23 in Houston. The Colts ran the same play earlier in the season without penalty. "If you ran it in 16 different games with 16 different crews, some may call it, some may not," Colts coach Tony Dungy told the Indianapolis Star. "But we're going to try to run it in a way that none of them will call [a penalty]."
      Our View
      Dungy indicated that his current understanding of the rule's interpretation is that Manning cannot be within one yard of the center and simulate being under center. The rule states that the quarterback cannot lineup behind center in a "quarterback position," then go through pre-snap movement while the ball goes to another player. Not that we're conspiracy theorists, but it wouldn't at all surprise us if such a play would be flagged in Foxboro this Monday but not called next week in the RCA Dome.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
        Actually what drives me crazier is when I play against the Colts in Madden...they do keep it realistic...but too much so with Manning...you sit there, waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...til you just about fall asleep before he finally snaps the ball.
        heh.

Thats why he is da General!

Just be thankful Madden doesn't have it where you actually have to run your 3rd down D package players onto the field.

I've seen Peyton burn just about every team this year with the "quick snap" that catches them with 12+ players on the field. Sometimes more than once.

Theres another reason to hate Manning IMO.

James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1
          It doesn't realy bother me that he does it in the game, but he does it in Madden too. I'll be sitting there with my safety in a slingshot, and he's taking his time calling audibles. "Snap the ball a**hole!"
          I totally agree i played them recently *cough* 1 hour ago *cough* and he did that every damn time i thought i disguised my plays to perfection no one lined up without a man in front of them and my LBs didn't show blitz like they sometimes do and he wasted the play clock all the way down to 7 sec. the weird thing is that in one of my SS modes i played him and he didn't do that too much witch i thought was weird. real weird
          Last edited by Tommy S.; 11-17-2005, 12:02 PM.

"Little Pads. Big Hits. Huge heart." - tnedator

This play is the reason I'm a DENVER BRONCOS fan

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenis7
            What's bothersome about him, to me, is that he's a pansy. I mean he's chewing out his lineman, and he hardly ever gets hit. I mean, he doesn't have to be David Carr where he's getting 5-6 sacks a game, but be a MAN when you do get hit (once every five games)! That whole team's soft.
            I dont call a guy who has only missed 1 snap in 121 games due to injury a pansy, and that 1 snap he missed was because he was cheap shoted by a dolphin and got his jaw broke.

I wouldnt like him either if i were a bronco fan, you guys are his favorite punching bag. He has put up over 100 points on you guys the last 2 playoff meetings. And if he cant win in denver in the snow how did he lead that masterfull comeback a few years ago at mile high in the snow? Im just curious.

Comment

Working...
            X