Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncosfan247
    replied
    could be worse, they could be White Sox fans.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    Did a similar thing by cheering when Tim Couch was knocked out with a concussion near the end of his stay in cleveland.
    Can't believe you chose that over "Bottlegate".

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    Did a similar thing by cheering when Tim Couch was knocked out with a concussion near the end of his stay in cleveland.
    Not true. Tim Couch made that into a story. There were only a select few fans on his side of the stadium cheering. But that was because Couch was having a bad game and they saw Holcomb warming up. Not knowing that Couch's injury was serious.

That was taken completely out of context.

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    Browns Fans....

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1
    I think when someone steals your football team, paints them purple, and wins the SuperBowl, you have a right to be a little slandered in your writing style.
    I agree.

What hates me is this whole thing the media makes out of it. They call the game the 'New' Browns against the 'Old' Browns. Which is not true.

This is as false as you can get. If there were a new Browns it would be this:

The Old Browns = Cleveland Browns
    The New Browns = Baltimore Browns

Is that what happened? No. Cleveland was able to keep the history and the Baltimore team started anew in 1996. That's that. It is merely the Browns against the Ravens. The luster that it 'supposedly' had is gone. Modell is gone. There are only 2 people on the Ravens that can identify with the feelings. That being Kicker Matt Stover and Offensive Lineman Orlando Brown. That's it. Nobody else. They just are a rival that's it.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    I think when someone steals your football team, paints them purple, and wins the SuperBowl, you have a right to be a little slandered in your writing style.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Good argument Gridiron. You are quite right. Quite right indeed. I'm sure it is reported in their paper as well. But likely they are arguing that it was 'just a few select fans'.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    Official hurt:

Umpire Butch Hannah suffered a sprained medial collateral during a fourth-quarter collision and will be out 3-4 weeks. He won't require surgery. Because the refs flagged the Ravens 21 times last week, some fans booed Hannah while he was down.
    Billick mum:

Ravens coach Brian Billick, who came under fire for losing control of the team last week in Detroit, made a brief statement after the game and then left the postgame news conference without taking questions, saying it was the players' day.

In part, he said, "I'm excited about the way this team responded and proud of the way they handled pressure all week long."

From http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plai...l=2&thispage=3
    This is all good stuff and all, but the reason the article sounds so bad could it possibly be because it from a Clevland Paper or Website?

Its one thing if some where in Balrimore or around Baltimore this would be said, but coming from a division rivals fan or writer this is downplayed a lil bit.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    dawgfan, this does not surprise me. Raven fans that came here during the week before our game showed everything but class. I like to give our visitors the benefit of the doubt every week, and we usually have decent discussions with most of our opponent's fans. There is always the smack talk but some of that was ridiculous.

I did not see the game you referenced and I hope the ref makes a full and complete recovery.

But your topic of classless fans goes out to the Colt's fans as well regarding last Monday night. I was disgusted with their constant booing when a Ram's player went down. It happened several times. The Ram's player got cramps and they were merciless. That really was upsetting. They acted as if the player was doing it to stop the clock or something and this was totally obvious during the 3rd qtr. when the clock was not a factor at the time.

I can't stand a crowd that boo's an injury or may actually cheer one. It is complete nonsense. I am proud to know that Bronco fans actually sincerely applaud an opposing player as they are leaving the field after said injury.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    started a topic Ravens fans are classless!!!

Ravens fans are classless!!!

Official hurt:

Umpire Butch Hannah suffered a sprained medial collateral during a fourth-quarter collision and will be out 3-4 weeks. He won't require surgery. Because the refs flagged the Ravens 21 times last week, some fans booed Hannah while he was down.
    Billick mum:

Ravens coach Brian Billick, who came under fire for losing control of the team last week in Detroit, made a brief statement after the game and then left the postgame news conference without taking questions, saying it was the players' day.

In part, he said, "I'm excited about the way this team responded and proud of the way they handled pressure all week long."

From http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plai...l=2&thispage=3
Working...
X