favourite/best player in the nfl?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favourite/best player in the nfl?????

i think both have to go to ray lewis in my opinion.

And you call yourself a Bronco fan?
    No way.
    Clinton Portis is the best.

Ray Lewis is a murderer. Definatly not the "best" representation for the NFL. Same with Moss, although not a murderer, he's done some stupid things.

I think it's important to see the way they are both on & off the field. I know I wouldn't want my future children or my 2.5 year old nephew to look up to someone like Ray Lewis.

Comment

i meant excluding bronco players!!! ray lewis raises his defenses game 100%

Comment

As far as non-Broncos, (which you should have said first) I'd have to say Brian Urlacher. True, his team sucks these days, but he's still fighting to try & help them win. Plus I went to school with him my freshman year of college (U. of New Mexico Lobos) and he was a real upstanding person in the city.

Also, I like Chris Brown (Tennesse Titans) because of what he did for CU!

As far as Lewis--He should be in jail, not playing on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
          You should have said that first.
          Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Randy Moss.

I don't think I've ever seen such an athletically talented person in my life, or lives before mine that are in the books... shoot, another might not ever come along!

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
            - Carl Sagan

Comment

I can't pick one guy but those that stand out to me are:
              -Curtis Martin
              -Jake Delhomme
              -Brett Favre
              -LaDanian Tomlinson
              -Jerry Rice
              -Rod Smith

Strange list isn't it? I consider the best players in the NFL those who go out and don't care about stats, only doing the best for their team. Jerry Rice had less than 5 TD's this season but still went out, gave it his all, and didn't complain. Curtis Martin goes out and does his best every season, gets his 1000 yards, and most recently, little praise to go along with the 1000. Rod Smith does whatever it takes to help his team win. Thats what they all have in common. They do best for the team. There are other guys who have talent and do all the members of this list. But some of those don't always try hard and sometimes get in the way of the team trying for stats.
              Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Not counting Broncos, have to be Favre
                Friends dont let friends vote for Democrats.

Comment

Other than Bronco players, hmmm that is easy. Michael Vick, man that guy is something else.
                  WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                    Umm we have another forum for this located here.

Comment

not including bronco players, heck Ray Lewis is the best player in the leauge, if u just look at what he does on a football field and not consider the off the field troubles he may have had, he is hands down the greatest player in the league, nobody plays with his intensity or is as much a leader to their team then he is. When u watch a ravens game, i swear he is in every defensive play, he will be the greatest linebacker to ever play when he retires

Comment

Originally posted by BeerGirl
                        Ray Lewis is a murderer.
                        He WAS found not guilty in a court of law. That doesn't mean he didn't do it...I'm just saying that's the official word. :p
                        Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

so we will add the word alleged to it.
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Yeh & neither was OJ Simpson, and up to this point, Micheal Jackson.

Athletes & stars, while they whine about not having privacy & everything else, have a higher standard to uphold, in my books. They are "heros" and "role models" for many people to look up to. When they are associated with anything "bad" then it really brings down their name & gives me an uneasy feeling about how they got to where they are.

Think about Pete Rose...He is considered one of baseball's greats, but he will never be in the HOF because of his illegal betting. I think that leadership/action on & off the field are very important things to look at when talking about the "greatest" player. If bronx had left the title of this thread "Your favorite non-bronco player" then this would be a whole different discussion & I wouldn't have to argue with him on his posting that R.L. is the "best"...

Comment

favorite football player in the nfl excluding Denver players? i like watching Jason Taylor from Miami. he's an incredible End. fast, quick, an 80 something inch wing span and strong. he's good.
                              mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

Working...
                              X