Colts cover 4 pts vs Pats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts cover 4 pts vs Pats?

So what does everyone think about this coming MNF game between the Colts and Pats? Will the Colts cover the 3-4 pt spread? Thanks.

Brady and the Pats seem to have their number. I say NE beats them by 7+
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

FYI...

The Monday night forecast calls for 50-60 mph wind gusts. That could take away the long ball and allow the Pats to put 8 in the box to stop James.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Pete
        FYI...

The Monday night forecast calls for 50-60 mph wind gusts. That could take away the long ball and allow the Pats to put 8 in the box to stop James.

That would be something! It comes down to Edge vs. Dillon. If thats the case, it would be really hard to kick the ball for 3 pts in gales like that!

Pats by 7.
        sigpic
        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
        -Sean Payton

Comment

I think this is the years the colts will beat the pats KILL THEM 41-27

Comment

FYI...

The Colts would be able to do the same thing to the Pats (taking away the long ball), which is where they have had most of their success.

Edge vs. Dillon?

I'll stick with da Edge.

Colts 21
            Patriots 10
            James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Originally posted by dred
              The Colts would be able to do the same thing to the Pats (taking away the long ball), which is where they have had most of their success.
              Seriously, that's an astute observation. Most, if not all, of Brady's detractors label him as a dink 'n dunk QB. The Pats were dead last in short pass attempts in 2004 and currently lead the league in yards per pass attempt with 8.11.

Here's hoping for an exciting competitive game w/o injuries for either team.

Comment

Seriously, that's an astute observation. Most, if not all, of Brady's detractors label him as a dink 'n dunk QB. The Pats were dead last in short pass attempts in 2004 and currently lead the league in yards per pass attempt with 8.11.

Here's hoping for an exciting competitive game w/o injuries for either team.
                I'd like a link that shows the Pats were dead last in short pass attempts in '04. That smells like BS to me.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                  I'd like a link that shows the Pats were dead last in short pass attempts in '04. That smells like BS to me.
                  You'll have to buy KC Joyner's book, Scientific Football: 2005. That stat is in there.

Here's his site...

http://www.thefootballscientist.com/

Joyner is also a contributor to ESPN NFL Insider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/colum...6id%3d2210165\

BTW, I've noticed that any fact you disagree with is BS to you.

Comment

Would be cool to see the Patriots win again, but I think this time it is tougher than ever for them. Anyway I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots win it again, they handled the Colts more than well the last years, but I pick the Colts to win this time by 4.

Comment

You'll have to buy KC Joyner's book, Scientific Football: 2005. That stat is in there.

Here's his site...

http://www.thefootballscientist.com/

Joyner is also a contributor to ESPN NFL Insider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/colum...6id%3d2210165\

BTW, I've noticed that any fact you disagree with is BS to you.
                      I didn't figure you'd be able to provide me with a link. Maybe if I searched CHFF I'd find it. But I'm not going to buy that book, it's $50. That's BS!
                      Last edited by In-com-plete; 11-07-2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                        Sorry man, I'm not buying that book. It's $50. Thats BS!

Seriously, it's worth it. Joyner breaks down game film and looks at each individual DB, QB, WR, and TE. It's the most fascinating NFL analytical book I've ever read. His study on the Eagles secondary showed just how overrated Pro Bowl CB Lito Sheppard is and how Sheldon Brown should have gotten a Pro Bowl berth.

Joyner, breaks down the passing game into 3 depth levels: Short, Medium, and Deep. He then applies QB stats to DBs/WRs/TEs: attempts, Comp%, yards per attempt. Then he'll tell you the number of times the DB was beaten by 1 step, 1-2 steps, 2+ steps and how often he was playing soft or tight coverage.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. SF: 2005 was his first book. I can't wait for SF: 2006 as Joyner will include RBs in his upcoming analysis.

BTW, this is must read BS for the upcoming MNF game ...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...526&Category=1

Comment

Seriously, it's worth it. Joyner breaks down game film and looks at each individual DB, QB, WR, and TE. It's the most fascinating NFL analytical book I've ever read. His study on the Eagles secondary showed just how overrated Pro Bowl CB Lito Sheppard is and how Sheldon Brown should have gotten a Pro Bowl berth.

Joyner, breaks down the passing game into 3 depth levels: Short, Medium, and Deep. He then applies QB stats to DBs/WRs/TEs: attempts, Comp%, yards per attempt. Then he'll tell you the number of times the DB was beaten by 1 step, 1-2 steps, 2+ steps and how often he was playing soft or tight coverage.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. SF: 2005 was his first book. I can't wait for SF: 2006 as Joyner will include RBs in his upcoming analysis.

BTW, this is must read BS for the upcoming MNF game ...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...526&Category=1
                          You made that book sound pretty interesting. I actually might check it out.

As far as that link you provided...same **** different article. Pump up Brady and the Pats...put down Manning and the Colts. I like how they say the Pats can stop the run if Seymour plays. They put up this chart showing NEs rush defense with and without him. A few paragraphs down they're bashing the Colts run defense and says the Pats have played better running teams. They point out the Pats have faced the Broncos and Falcons (not mentioning that Vick, who is the primary reason they have the best running game in football, didn't play), who are ranked 1st and 2nd in the league. But what the writers fail to mention in that chart is that Seymour was out for both of those games. That's why that chart is so skewed. The writers for CHFF are one thing...persistent. 7-0, and they still find a way to bash Manning and the Colts.

Comment

This is the Year of the Dolts

They will smother NE with their D

Edge will have his usual 100 yd game, Harrison his 100 yd game, Wayne 2 TD's

I think Manning will have a mediocre performance, but won't matter with run game going.

Colts demolish Patsies 35-10.

Comment

I'm going to say the Patriots will once again beat the Colts. Watching the Colts try and win in Foxboro is like watching the Chiefs try to win in Denver.

Comment

Working...
                              X