Playmakers is done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playmakers is done...

The NFL guilty of what it's opposed to, Playmakers was just a sports "Drama" was not based on anybody or anything.... FICTION....

An excerpt from Woody Page...

This is the same NFL that promotes officially sanctioned, scantily clad, cleavage-emphasizing "cheerleaders" at every team's stadium. The assets of those bountiful-blessed young women are revealed on national TV Sundays and Mondays throughout the fall and winter. They are featured in the programs sold at the stadiums and in calendars sold in the communities, and they make appearances well-attended by adults ... and youngsters. A popular magazine handed out at NFL functions during the Super Bowl had a spread of various teams' "cheerleaders" posing in thong swimsuits.
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Are you talking about the ESPN show "Playmakers"? If you are, was it cancelled or somethin'. I really liked that show!

Comment

yeah the ESPN show, the NFL helped get it cancelled...
      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

NFL exerted a little pressure to help ESPN cancell the show despite decent ratings and reviews. I thought it was ok even if it did exagerrate a bit much.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

I loved how the NFL released a statment saying that ESPN's decision to cancel Playmakers was made entirely by ESPN. Suuuuuuuuuuure...... Let's see, sponsors start dropping off Playmakers (like Gatorade) and Tagliabue tells anyone who will listen that Playmakers puts the NFL in a bad light.

Yeah, we can't distinguish between fiction and reality. I love the NFL, but they need to look at their own house before whining about a show that supposedly depicts them in a negative light.

By the way, ESPN is spineless for letting the NFL strong-arm them into that decision. Too bad, I really liked that show.
          sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Personally, I never watched the show. I knew it was fictional and didn't have an interest. A friend of mine got into it and I heard about bits and pieces.

To me, the NFL is flexing their muscles. I don't see a problem with the show from what I have heard. It is practically a soap opera for football fans IMO. But the NFL has been taking grief lately so I suppose it would be a response from the commish to somehow feel like they have control.

The NFL has been critisized by us the fans and the media for lack of and/or excessive amount of penalties by their referees. There have been numerous questions about calls. They have taken grief over stadium ticket prices. They have had multiple and various accustations of misconduct among players and coaches throughout the league.

The show is a drama but they are evidently viewing it as a slam on them. Of course this is just IMHO especially since I have never seen the show.

Sorry to all you fans that did enjoy it. You are victims of our democracy in jeapordy.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad I didn't really like it, like in the interview on SC I dunno who said it maybe it was dante hall, well he was saying about how it was unrealestic and I agree, how often do you hear that, a players Brother got shot in a drive-by, or so and so got checked on a drug test...It's not anything like that..
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X