Plzzz Tell Me L.a Is Not Getting A Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plzzz Tell Me L.a Is Not Getting A Team

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9035783 i hope this is just a fluke....i really do....for hecksakes,3 california teams....with this one four!!!!!!!!!!!!the nfl would be really dumb if they do this,u know how many trash talkers there is,better be a nfc team if they do agree on it.......
    Last edited by Elway; 11-10-2005, 10:39 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE!

I saw the article too, playing in the almost ancient Coliseum.

You got to remember, it is a numbers thing with So Cal a large audience and no Pro team. Getting into that market is BIG $. AL Davis will be P.O. so that is a good thing.

Also saw where Terry Bradshaw with some other investors was going to possibly buy the Saints.

Comment

man maybe if the saints relocated but stayed same conference same divions it would be ok (even tho nfc south sounds kinda fishy for LA) but yea that would be cool if saints moved....but not another team for godlord plz

Comment

Yeah, it will probably the L.A. Saints(formally N.O.)

I personally hope so then when the Broncos play them I would be able to see 2 games live with the Chargers and the Saints..GO TAGLIABUE send us the saints..though that is a lot of cali teams with SD, SF, Oakland and LA...wowiezowie..oh well.
        vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Who cares!!!

Let them suffer in L.A. if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by all DENVER
            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9035783 i hope this is just a fluke....i really do....for hecksakes,3 california teams....with this one four!!!!!!!!!the nfl would be really dumb if they do this,u know how many trash talkers there is,better be a nfc team if they do agree on it.......
            It was going to happen sooner or later. L.A. is too big of a market not to have a pro team. I'm not sure why you're so upset with the Commissioner he doesn't make the decision on his own, in fact its the owners of the 32 teams in the League that make it.
            Last edited by Elway; 11-10-2005, 10:40 PM.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

It's an economical truth-they CAN'T have another team in LA for quite some time...
              It has failed too much already...

LA Chargers
              LA Rams
              LA Raiders

...Still have SD Chargers & Oakland Raiders...not to menion the SF 49ers-all the fan bases moved as the orginizations have-to the above menioned-or greater teams in the NFL such as ours. Just imagine if the Broncos have moved away from here-& from there-& so on...? (Crush my heart!)

I knew Houston would get another chance after the Oilers moved to Tennessee.
              Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Well, if the Saints do move, I guarantee you that they will change the name and the uniform too, much in the way the Browns did when they became the Baltimore Ravens. "Saints" has too much to do with New Orleans, "The Saints go Marching In" has wayyyy too many ties with the music and culture of New Orleans.

Besides, they are a losing franchise, an enigma of mediocrity. They will want to change the whole persona of the organization. Wherever they go, it won't be as the Saints again.

Comment

L.A. is NOT a good place for a pro NFL team, imho.

There's so much rich tradition in professional football.

The majority of the people in LA aren't even raised there, so they already have their favorite NFL teams. The locals of LA are already on the Oakland bandwagon, considering they were successful when they were in LA and brought all their history with them back to Oakland.

They will have good showings early when the team is new and exciting, but the majority will stay true to their background, and attendance will diminish when the organization faces adversity.

If a team did move to LA, it won't be the first, or the last time they failed to succeed.

See Yuz.

Comment

hate on L.A. haters.

L.A. needs a football team, how can you have the second largest market in the country without a football team. the problem is a new venue is needed and the space to build it is limited.

Tagliabue said they just decided there will be a team in L.A. but gave no timeline. so who knows. likely there will be a move rather than adding an expansion team to mess up the 32 team schedule.

on ESPNs PTI the Vikings were tops on the list along with the Saints.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X