Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I don't need your advice

Originally posted by Africangod
    I really don't need your advice on grammar I like playing football more than talking about it.
    and that's why everyone is busting on ya ,son. your not really listening to what we are saying as a group. your trying to force yourself in like a square peg in a round hole, it's not working. you say that you read college books but then we read what you write, it don't add up. you don't even write the slang words right. you came on strong and you got the typical blacklash anyone gets on this board who comes in overconfident. talking to your friends about football and talking to us about football is two different things. i suggest you read prior threads and see how it's done. maybe a little less football and more hitting the books and you won't need a football scholarship to make it to college. we don't care if you run circles around your friends in sandlot football. there are people here that played the game in thier college and for some reason they are not playing anymore and they don't use that as a way to prove they know more than everyone else. you have a right to be here. we are not asking you to be einstein afican god, but use common sense that's all.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I don't need your advice

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
      ????The fastest guy at my high school(set the high school record in PA for most rushing yard's in a season got like 1,300) only could run it in 5.3 seconds...I guess your the tazmanian devil or something....I can run it in 6.2 seconds but i'm also a TE..
      The fastest guy on your high school ran it in only 5.3?? My gosh people in PA must be slow.

When I was 260+ lbs I ran it 4.9 and I was an offensive/defensive lineman and that was in highschool, at college i got it down to 4.8!! Didn't you say you were playing college? With that speed at TE, there is no way you will play. Hell, even now with multiple knee surgeries I still run it under 5.4!!
      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

i can run a 4.5 when in shape, now im out of shape though so i have to settle for about 4.7. the fastest kid in my high school ran a 4.2, i didnt see it though so i still dont believe it, i knew him and he isnt even that mch faster than me
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Hey Kid. Nice Post. But since you want to be grown, dig this. Roots is not all it's cracked up to be. Nice story. Eye Opening during it's time. We've all been down the slavery was bad road.

Since you live in what is arguably the most liberal minded part of the entire planet, I suggest you read "Who's looking out for You?" by Bill O'reilly (of Fox News Channel's "The O'reilly Factor"). It's more up to date. A modern day eye opener for today's youth.

Good Luck on your Football Career.....and I kinda like the slang. It's quicker.
          I would love the Broncos even if............................AL [email protected]#*&#@..........puke....... ..........spit....................bought the team.

Comment

AL DAVIS ? ARGH
            I need some pepto after seeing that
            It is my honor to serve him

Comment

Well you know, I never timed my 40, but I felt like getting in on this too...

So...a mile is 1600m right (4 laps around a 400m track?). I used to run CC, which was a 5K/3.1mile race...let's see if I can do my math right to calculate what my projected 40 was....
              Well holy cow...Even *running* not sprinting I ran faster than a 5.3....no not really...

My best 5k time was about 23.5 minutes, which equals about 1410 seconds...I ran 125 "40's" in 1410 seconds, which means that my 40 time, based on running would be about 11--but then again, that was on different terrains, and was distance--not great to average into small distances. Anyway...I'd say that my real sprinting 40 would be about a 5.2, but I have no way of testing that these days, I'm happy just to be able to walk for 40 meters!

Just felt like adding in my 2 cents & then some...But seriously...Kid needs a few lessons before trying to make it in the "grown up world" with us "fogeys"...

Comment

Good math BeerGirl.LOL
                WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                  Good math BeerGirl.LOL
                  LOL well I was feeling left out of this pissing match, so I figured I'd chime in.

I did run 40s, but they were usually in practice for CC, so I didn't really care--infact, I skipped as many practices as I could & still be able to run in the races. I hate practicing running...I'd so much rather be in the weight room. Anyway, I remember them always being around 5 something...but those were usually done after having ran suicides up a hill for a while too...

Comment

I hate sucides, we have to do so many of them at football practice, ever done terrible 20's? They suck you have to run from one endzone to the other 20 times, its crazy. Ever heard of Indian Runs? You run in a straight line and the last person has to sprint to the start of the line, I hate running LOL. Yes I would way rather be in the weight room too, I actually dont mind running on a treadmill, I just hate running on a track.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                      I hate sucides, we have to do so many of them at football practice, ever done terrible 20's? They suck you have to run from one endzone to the other 20 times, its crazy. Ever heard of Indian Runs? You run in a straight line and the last person has to sprint to the start of the line, I hate running LOL. Yes I would way rather be in the weight room too, I actually dont mind running on a treadmill, I just hate running on a track.
                      yeah i HATE suicides, we had to do them in basketball every day! we had to make all the suicides within 33 seconds or we start over. in the last suicide, they switched it to 30 seconds, which might not seem like much, but damnit it was much harder. Also, sweet 16's suck, gassers suck, and the 8 second sprints sucked cause people were so slow we had to keep doing it over and over. sometimes they had us doing plain old jogging which was nice, but they kept puttin a spin on it, like after the whistle blew, we had to sprint and anybody caught walking didnt play that next game. at the end of practice, at least 2 people threw up every day, i always felt like doing it, but i never did thankfully. i hate practice.
                      Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-19-2004, 07:15 PM.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                        yeah i HATE suicides, we had to do them in basketball every day! we had to make all the suicides within 33 seconds or we start over. in the last suicide, they switched it to 30 seconds, which might not seem like much, but damnit it was much harder. Also, sweet 16's suck, gassers suck, and the 8 second sprints sucked cause people were so slow we had to keep doing it over and over. sometimes they had us doing plain old jogging which was nice, but they kept puttin a spin on it, like after the whistle blew, we had to sprint and anybody caught walking didnt play that next game. at the end of practice, at least 2 people threw up every day, i always felt like doing it, but i never did thankfully. i hate practice.
                        Ughh.. I hate Sweet 16's too... I would always make it in time but like everyone else would only be on like 14 or less when the coach blew the whistle so then we had to do it again, and gassers I hate those too. I went to this wrestling camp to get ready for Regionals and Nationals and the conditioning was unbelievable, every morning we would get up at like 6 30 run 6 miles, no exageration, come in jog sprint jog sprint keep doing that for about 15 minutes, then we would just do plain sprints and we would do 20 from end of the mat to the other end, and there was like 3 mats all put together so it was quite a sprint, then we would do atleast 1000 push-ups and sit-ups a day. By the end of the day the total amount of miles we ran was about 15. But it all payed off in the end. I placed 8th in my Region out of like 39 so it was pretty good, I didnt go to Nationals though. Oh ya and I puked a few times at that camp LOL.

Comment

yeah at least we were in shape, lol. we went to the final four for basketball in high school and we almost made it to finals except for a bizarre buzzer beater that knocked us out.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                          X