No announcement yet.

How Far Can YOU Throw A Football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen, I think David Carr has the strongest arm in the league. I am not sure how far he can throw it, but I went to the first preseason game the Texans had against the Dolphins and he hit Bradford for about a 70 yard bomb. That thing went 65 yards in the air and it looked like he just flicked his wrist. UNBELIEVABLE
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

I like Carr, he'll be a good QB. His arm does have zip.
      Originally posted by boltzpride619
      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
        Hmm..I thought it would be more...
        well, the guy was talking about him and he was like "here comes the guy with lightning in his feet and 70 yard thunder in his arm" or something like that.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          well, the guy was talking about him and he was like "here comes the guy with lightning in his feet and 70 yard thunder in his arm" or something like that.
          I bet he can throw it farther...I have seen him flick it on the run for about 65...
          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

The thing with all of these QBs is that it doesn't matter how far they can throw it. The way to judge these guys is the 15 yard "out" pattern. I believe even Griese could throw the ball 60-70 yards downfield on a bomb, but he had no zip on the shorter stuff. That killed him. Eventually he got to the point where he just refused to throw downfield.
            "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
              The thing with all of these QBs is that it doesn't matter how far they can throw it. The way to judge these guys is the 15 yard "out" pattern. I believe even Griese could throw the ball 60-70 yards downfield on a bomb, but he had no zip on the shorter stuff. That killed him. Eventually he got to the point where he just refused to throw downfield.
              I liked the snap Jake showed in his arm during the season. During some of the games, he showed good velocity and good accuracy through traffic.

Comment

Oh yeah.. I agree. This is the first year in a while where I haven't cringed every time the ball gets thrown into traffic!

Comment

uh, i dont know about griese throwin that far, i think he would max out around 50-60 range at the very very best. anyway, its still amazing how far they throw, the ball doenst jump off my arm like that. I can hardly throw a good fly route pass for one of my friends in the street games unless i throw it early, lol. for some reason, i LOVE throwing to post routes, my accuracy is right on the money every time on a post route.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Agreed. I felt good with Jake behind center. Couldn't say the same about Steve and Danny.

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised to hear how far Griese could throw it too. I don't remember who it was, but when he came out of college one of the college analysts was talking about his arm. He said there were plenty of questions about it, but he threw one of the nicest deep balls of any QB in the draft and mentioned the distance. Sorry I don't remember all of the facts, but it was somewhere in that range.

Comment

Agreed. I felt good with Jake behind center. Couldn't say the same about Steve and Danny.
                        yeah me too, i feel very comfortable with jake, he makes good decisions. he had what only 5 INT's all year after week 1.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised to hear how far Griese could throw it too. I don't remember who it was, but when he came out of college one of the college analysts was talking about his arm. He said there were plenty of questions about it, but he threw one of the nicest deep balls of any QB in the draft and mentioned the distance. Sorry I don't remember all of the facts, but it was somewhere in that range.
                          55-60 sounds reasonable to me. I don't think I ever saw him throw it farther than that on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                            yeah me too, i feel very comfortable with jake, he makes good decisions. he had what only 5 INT's all year after week 1.
                            Hopefully, he will improve his TD total next year, taking a few more risks and coming out on top.

Comment

55-60 sounds reasonable to me. I don't think I ever saw him throw it farther than that on a regular basis.
                              Yeah, he never did. I'm sure those distances were in workouts or the combine. The last couple of years in games, it seemed like he didn't want to throw it more than 4 or 5 yards. It used to frustrate me to no end.

Comment

Yeah, he never did. I'm sure those distances were in workouts or the combine. The last couple of years in games, it seemed like he didn't want to throw it more than 4 or 5 yards. It used to frustrate me to no end.
                                He was probably drunk at the games..he sure acted like it. Way too somber for a football game.

Comment

Working...
                                X