This TO thread is different, I swear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This TO thread is different, I swear

I'm actually just wondering if when all of the media men say that the Broncos are the leading candidate to get TO, they mean as a FA or as a trade? Is it like baseball in the NFL where a player has to clear waivers to be traded after the deadline, or is it a definitive deadline?

Nope . . .

This thread is the same as the others, in that it should have have gone into the "Other NFL Teams" forum, too.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by moozoo22
      I'm actually just wondering if when all of the media men say that the Broncos are the leading candidate to get TO, they mean as a FA or as a trade? Is it like baseball in the NFL where a player has to clear waivers to be traded after the deadline, or is it a definitive deadline?

Comment

Who the heck cares TO is not going to denver.......

Comment

The Eagles cannot trade him this season since the deadline was week 6. So they would have to release him, he'd clear waivers, and then could sign with anyone at that point for a new contract. Philly would take some sort of cap hit by doing that however. If they retain his rights until next year, they could then trade him and his contract to someone else, if they had any takers.

I think this is correct, but anyone feel free to correct if I'm wrong somewhere.
          Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
            The Eagles cannot trade him this season since the deadline was week 6. So they would have to release him, he'd clear waivers, and then could sign with anyone at that point for a new contract. Philly would take some sort of cap hit by doing that however. If they retain his rights until next year, they could then trade him and his contract to someone else, if they had any takers.

I think this is correct, but anyone feel free to correct if I'm wrong somewhere.
            Thanks a bunch

Comment

Working...
            X