Is Alexander the best....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Alexander the best....??

Over 1000 yds after 9 games and 15 TD's.

So do you think Alexander is the best back in the NFL right now. LT is ripping it up I know but Alexander has pounded the ball for most of his TD's and LT has thrown for a few of his. I think Alexander is showcasing himself just in case Seattle doesn't pick him up next season (the are boneheaded if they don't). I think Shaun Alexander is one of the most underrated backs out there. What do you guys and gals think?

LT is the best imo.

Alexander benefits from a very good run blocking OLine as well as one of the best blocking FB in the league. Nothing to take away from Alexander, but I saw what LT did with a very pourous OLine and offense, and was basically their entire offense for a year.

Alexander is an elite back in the NFL. LT is just in a league of his own.

Comment

LT is also better imo. This guy can do it all he's a shifty running back, he'll make you miss tackles and break tackles on you and he is fast. Alexander is good, but he doesn't break tackles and do all of that compared to LT.

If I could have one or the other on my team it would definatley be LT.

Comment

Stats aren't everything. Look at Steve Smith. LT hands down.

Comment

I'd take either one of them on my team...but when it comes down to who's better, its gotta be LT, he makes a lot of things happen on his own, you've gotta look at how the team is without their RB...if SD didn't have LT, they'd be a 7-9 team at best with their backup Turner...if Seattle was without Alexander, they probably won't miss too much of a stride with Morris carrying the rock..

Systems, Systems, Systems...
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Alexander has a great o line (walter jones o ya ) LT has ummmm

Comment

The only problem with Shaun is his age...

Despite that though, if he keeps up his pace, he will possibly break the TD record from two years ago...

What teams do the Seahawks play the rest of the year?
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Shaun is good, but he's definitely not the best...

He doesn't run with power at all, when he does it's by the goallines. He gets a lot of shoe string tackles...

Comment

Shaun = 28

Ladanian = 26

They're both pretty young, no age issues here.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

I think Alexander is performing quite well for his team. I think LT is the best back in the league.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                      Shaun = 28

Ladanian = 26

Well when you are talking about running backs age issue does come into play. But Shaun is still young.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

Code:
                                                               yds        att      avg    TD    Long

Shaun Alexander	 SEA	1114	208	5.4	17	88

LaDainian Tomlinson SD	835	192	4.3	13	62
                        I know some of you don't like to compare players based on stats alone but numbers don't lie. This doesn't show that Alexander has scored 15 TD in 5 consecutive seasons making him the first NFL player to do that.
                        I'm not saying that LT isn't great because he is and he is an elite back. I'm just making an argument that Alexander could very well be in the same class as LT, that's all.
                        Someone mentioned in a previous post that Alexander doesn't run with power unless he's down by the goalline. I thought that's where you want your guy to run with power.

I agree that Seattle probably has more weapons at their disposal than Chargers so that might overshadow what Alexander does for that team. But if you look at SD, they have Brees, Gates, McCardell, Parker, some decent and respectable players. One could argue that they could still win games without LT there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                          Code:
                                                                 yds        att      avg    TD    Long

Shaun Alexander	 SEA	1114	208	5.4	17	88

LaDainian Tomlinson SD	835	192	4.3	13	62
                          I know some of you don't like to compare players based on stats alone but numbers don't lie. This doesn't show that Alexander has scored 15 TD in 5 consecutive seasons making him the first NFL player to do that.
                          I'm not saying that LT isn't great because he is and he is an elite back. I'm just making an argument that Alexander could very well be in the same class as LT, that's all.
                          Someone mentioned in a previous post that Alexander doesn't run with power unless he's down by the goalline. I thought that's where you want your guy to run with power.

I agree that Seattle probably has more weapons at their disposal than Chargers so that might overshadow what Alexander does for that team. But if you look at SD, they have Brees, Gates, McCardell, Parker, some decent and respectable players. One could argue that they could still win games without LT there.
                          I'm going with LT on this one.

Look what happened when we stopped LT and put the game in Brees' hands. Look at when Dallas stopped LT.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

alexander is deffinatly the best running back in the league.LT is the best overall offensive player around.i think considering the division alexander plays in that he may get 2000 however it wont count as much as if someone done it in the afc west.
                            SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                            Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                              Shaun = 28

Ladanian = 26

when it comes to a long term contract.... 28 is an issue, or id think so
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X