Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
    when it comes to a long term contract.... 28 is an issue, or id think so
    Yea, it's a big concern up here in Seattle. I mean, he's a nice guy and all, but he'll only give us maybe 3-4 at the most (probably 2-3) more years of similar production and he wants a big, big deal...

The Seahawks could just as easily draft a top RB and not suffer too much. The guy behind him, Maurice Morris, is perfect for the Hawk's system because he receives and blocks as good as anyone. He also runs harder than Shaun, a lot harder. They've also got a bit of a sleeper prospect in Leonard Weaver, who's a big power back. Pair him with Morris and you'd be just fine...

All that Shaun offers is what he's doing now, rushing yards and goalline TD's. He's an absolute zero in pass blocking and receving!

I'm glad that we got Tim Ruskell, he's an absolute no BS guy, so he might have the guts to let Alexander walk and save the Hawks tons and tons of money...

Comment

[QUOTE=WABronco]

All that Shaun offers is what he's doing now, rushing yards and goalline TD's. He's an absolute zero in pass blocking and receving!
      [QUOTE]

That's absolute BS. Alexander simply does what his team asks him to do and he does that right now better than anyone else. He has improved his blockinfgdramatically this season.

If Holmgren wanted or needed to use him as a receiver, he would. The Seahawks offense is very impressive with things the way they are.

I think the Seahawks will be in the super bowl this season. They are the only team I have seen get remarkable better on defense week to week.

Comment

[QUOTE=tough-guy][QUOTE=WABronco]

That's absolute BS. Alexander simply does what his team asks him to do and he does that right now better than anyone else. He has improved his blockinfgdramatically this season.

If Holmgren wanted or needed to use him as a receiver, he would. The Seahawks offense is very impressive with things the way they are.

I think the Seahawks will be in the super bowl this season. They are the only team I have seen get remarkable better on defense week to week.
        Well, if u watched a game, you'd see that Holmgren takes Alexander out on many passing downs...Thing is, he's runnin the ball most of the time anyways. He's proven himself to be a far below average receiver out of the backfield, and he's always been knocked for bad blocking. It's still the same...

As far as I'm concerned, the 'Hawks should let Alexander go, cuz they'll be absolutely fine w/o him...

Obviously, he's very productive, but he's not as talented, or worth as much, as a guy like Tomlinson or James...

Comment

LT hands down. He's got speed to spare, has sick moves, and can run with power.

Comment

Remind me, who's the leading running back this seaon in the NFL.? Who has scored the most TD.s so far this season? Who's had the most 100 yard games so far, who had the longest run from scrimmage so far this season? Who's that back who has had 5 straight season with 15 or better TD's.

If Holmgren wanted to utilize Alexander more in the passing game there is no reason to think he would be any less fabulous as a pass catching back as he is a run oriented back.

If you want to say "hands down" Tomlinson is a better back, you can do that, but the evidence says that you are incorrect. "hands Down", Alexander is the leading ground gainer in the NFL. No one is even close.

Alexander isn't just a one year wondewr either. He's been one of the top backs ever since he took over for Watters in Seattle. Over the last 5 season, is there a back who's gained more yards than Alexander? Is there one who's scored more TD's than Alexander?

Shaun Alexander is arguably the best back in the NFL. The argument in his favor is stronger than it is with anyone else.
            Last edited by tough-guy; 11-15-2005, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tough-guy
              Remind me, who's the leading running back this seaon in the NFL.? Who has scored the most TD.s so far this season? Who's had the most 100 yard games so far, who had the longest run from scrimmage so far this season? Who's that back who has had 5 straight season with 15 or better TD's.

If Holmgren wanted to utilize Alexander more in the passing game there is no reason to think he would be any less fabulous as a pass catching back as he is a run oriented back.

If you want to say "hands down" Tomlinson is a better back, you can do that, but the evidence says that you are incorrect. "hands Down", Alexander is the leading ground gainer in the NFL. No one is even close.

Alexander isn't just a one year wondewr either. He's been one of the top backs ever since he took over for Watters in Seattle. Over the last 5 season, is there a back who's gained more yards than Alexander? Is there one who's scored more TD's than Alexander?

Shaun Alexander is arguably the best back in the NFL. The argument in his favor is stronger than it is with anyone else.
              Well, at least someone agrees with me..

And to WAbronco, I do happen to watch the games, living in Vancouver I have no choice and if you think Morris could fill Alexander shoes you've been smokin the U-dub. Alexander is 80% of their offense since he's been there. They would be hard-pressed to make the playoffs without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                Well, at least someone agrees with me..

And to WAbronco, I do happen to watch the games, living in Vancouver I have no choice and if you think Morris could fill Alexander shoes you've been smokin the U-dub. Alexander is 80% of their offense since he's been there. They would be hard-pressed to make the playoffs without him.
                I think he could do a decent job...

As you can see, I'm starting to agree with the other side here. I used to think Shaun was the bomb and should be resigned at any cost. I don't know though...

Comment

You know what, you're right. I'm sure Mike wants to integrate Shaun into the passing game, but you know what, HE CAN'T. ALEXANDER HAS STONE HANDS! I literally counted three plays where Hasselbeck forced a ball to Stevens over checking it down to Alexander, who was being shadowed by there OLB (Coakley).

And yes, HANDS DOWN, RB's like Tomlinson and James are better backs. They are more talented Hands Down, and would be just as productive in Seattle, Hands Down. An RB can be as talented as all get out, but if the O-line misses a couple assignments, he's not goin anywhere. When you've got guys like Walter Jones, Hutch, Tobeck, and Locklear, you're pretty much gonna win every battle in the trenches though...

Comment

LT is the best of our era, However Shaun Alexander is having a better year and is winning games by himself. Sure Hasselback is having a descent year but without Shaun they would be nothing. So Shaun is the best back in the league as of right now..
                    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                      You know what, you're right. I'm sure Mike wants to integrate Shaun into the passing game, but you know what, HE CAN'T. ALEXANDER HAS STONE HANDS!

And yes, HANDS DOWN, RB's like Tomlinson and James are better backs.
                      Both statements are incorrect.

There is not any running back who is "hands down" better than Alexander.

When they throw the ball to Alexander, he catches it.....period.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                        Alexander is 80% of their offense since he's been there. They would be hard-pressed to make the playoffs without him.
                        Actually, the Seahawks throw the ball a little more than they run. Alexander is not 80% of their offense. You only think he is because he's currently the best RB out there.

Comment

I think Shaun is having a better year than L.T., but over the past 3-4 years, I think L.T. has shown himself to be a more complete running back.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Both statements are incorrect.

There is not any running back who is "hands down" better than Alexander.

When they throw the ball to Alexander, he catches it.....period.
                            You're right...

Comment

Working...
                            X