Ravens are a Dissapointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens are a Dissapointment

I think hands down the biggest dissapointment of the year has been the Ravens. These guys have two of the best corners in the NFL, the best strong safety in the league, one of the best MLBs in the league, and Terrell Suggs on D. Offense was and is the problem. I thought that after getting Mason and a healthy Todd Heap, the Ravens would be unstoppable. Unfortunately, Jamal Lewis' jail time looks to have done his game lots of harm, and although Mason's numbers are good, the Ravens look terrible on O. With Boller back, the team sucked against J ville, and frankly, the only way they will score 21 points is with 7 field goals. This team has really dissapointed me. Runnner up goes to the Vikes, but I was never one that subscribed to the theory that they would be better without moss...Troy Williamson hasn't done anything of consequense yet. Anyhow....thoughts?

Originally posted by moozoo22
    I think hands down the biggest dissapointment of the year has been the Ravens.
    To who? I think the Ravens are the easiest team in the NFL to dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by tough-guy
      To who? I think the Ravens are the easiest team in the NFL to dislike.
      Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that....

Is it the black uni's?
      Or the over zealous linebacker that acts like any loss of yardage or sack is the winning play of a super bowl.

Plus, they've generally been a dirty team on defense.
      I've never seen so many elbows thrown, pushing after the play's dead, in my life.

They're getting just what they deserve!

Their HC is a joke. Their OCoordinator is a joke. Their QB coach is a joke. Their QB is a joke. And their starting RB and MLB are both criminals.

Like I said, they're getting what they deserve!
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I do think their QB coach is OK. I've alway been a Neuheisal fan.

Ray Lewis is the most unlikeable player in the NFL. I saw that stud left tackle from the Seahawks just flat out punk him last season. It was a beautiful thing to see.

Comment

"Runnner up goes to the Vikes, but I was never one that subscribed to the theory that they would be better without moss...Troy Williamson hasn't done anything of consequense yet"

oh man not another troy comment. troy was not picked up to replace moss and there was never an expectation of him coming out right away and torching db's (which he's done a couple of times).

I do have to say that their not living up to any of their potential. hopefully that will change
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I like how everybody hates on Ray Lewis, when he's only been the leader of one of the greatest D's in league history. I'd love to play with Ray Lewis. I used to dislike him a lot too, but then I asked myself why. The only reason I could come up with, was that he pounded the Broncos every year.

I agree that the Ravens have been very dissapointing, but bear in mind that their starting QB has missed nearly the entire season. He's not even that good anyways. Jamal Lewis is not as good, right now, as he was a couple of years ago. Not using Stewart was retarded. Any team with an offense this bad is going to suffer.

Comment

With regards to the dissapointment thing--I'm saying in terms of not meeting expectations, not in personal terms.

With regards to Troy Williamson, I think if you're drafted in the first round the year after your team trades away the best wideout since Rice, there's an understanding that eventually the first rounder will fill the shoes (at least partially) left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1
                I like how everybody hates on Ray Lewis, when he's only been the leader of one of the greatest D's in league history. I'd love to play with Ray Lewis. I used to dislike him a lot too, but then I asked myself why. The only reason I could come up with, was that he pounded the Broncos every year.
                I hate Ray Lewis. Murdering jerk. Plus that stupid dance he does - very arrogant person.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Vikes are 4-5, not exactly a disappointment yet. Sure they aren't doing it with flying colors, but they are still in the playoff hunt.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1
                    I like how everybody hates on Ray Lewis, when he's only been the leader of one of the greatest D's in league history. .
                    Being a great player doesn't make a guy likeable.

Bill Parcells is a great coach, but in person he's a jerk. Ray Lewis is a great player, but in real life he's an unlikeable thug.

Comment

Originally posted by moozoo22
                      With regards to the dissapointment thing--I'm saying in terms of not meeting expectations, not in personal terms.

With regards to Troy Williamson, I think if you're drafted in the first round the year after your team trades away the best wideout since Rice, there's an understanding that eventually the first rounder will fill the shoes (at least partially) left behind.

well he has done very well when he has had a chance. Dont focus on his so called lack of production. Instead focus on how bad the offense has been this year. Minnesota has been kicking themselves for letting Scott Linehan go and Scott's been kicking himself for going to miami
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                      X