No announcement yet.

Superbowl in Kansas City.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey if Denver had the same offer to put a roof on Invesco and get a Superbowl would the voters support another small tax increase to pay for it? I would love a SB in Denver.
    Mat'hir tells the future:

"Gold. He won't be back, he is still mad at Denver." "Nope. Won't happen. If it does, someone put this in their sig and shame me all season."

"I've been sticking with the 8-8 declaration and missing the playoffs" 13-3!

"(Brown's) injury only being 9 months old, and Pryce's spine injury, I think both will contribute little and unfortunately land on IR"

"Gerrard Warren will NEVER, EVER, resign in Denver next season no matter how much money we pay him."

Comment

Every nfl city should get to host the super bowl at least once, there is alot of money for the hosting city and it just doesnt seem fair to allow only a few good weather cities to keep hosting over and over, either give everybody a chance or pick one location and host it there every year like they do the pro bowl , or let everyone get it, or if you have to do a super bowl lottery with all the teams thrown into a pot and the commish pulls the winning name out each year.. This weather argument is over rated, so what if you have a bunch of rich hollywood stars that want to watch the game in warm weather, thats why they make luxury boxes for, the real football fans will show up in any type weather just like they do for playoff and championship games, the real issue is the ticket prices they charge for the Super bowl, each year they make it harder and harder for the regular joe to buy superbowl tickets[ i guess they dont make enough off the t.v ads they run during the super bowl and charge companies millions per ad.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

The NFL will never allow the super bowl to be played in a cold weather climate unless it will be in a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
          Every nfl city should get to host the super bowl at least once, there is alot of money for the hosting city and it just doesnt seem fair to allow only a few good weather cities to keep hosting over and over, either give everybody a chance or pick one location and host it there every year like they do the pro bowl , or let everyone get it, or if you have to do a super bowl lottery with all the teams thrown into a pot and the commish pulls the winning name out each year.. This weather argument is over rated, so what if you have a bunch of rich hollywood stars that want to watch the game in warm weather, thats why they make luxury boxes for, the real football fans will show up in any type weather just like they do for playoff and championship games, the real issue is the ticket prices they charge for the Super bowl, each year they make it harder and harder for the regular joe to buy superbowl tickets[ i guess they dont make enough off the t.v ads they run during the super bowl and charge companies millions per ad.

the city has to have the infrastructure to support the media frenzy that accompanies the superbowl. you cant do it just anywhere.

if the chiefs did get it, though, that would be a good thing. that would mean they put a roof on their stadium (and it has to be some new fangled roof that allows for heating of the building) and that would take away a big part of their homefield advantage. suddenly going to kansas city in december wouldnt be quite as daunting a task (although it would probably be louder).
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Working...
          X