the problem with madden 2004?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the problem with madden 2004?!?!?!

i love the game on the ps2 but does any1 think that the pitch is too small. i mean its too easy to get a 1st down and too hard to stop the computer getting 1!!!!! i think in 2005 they should make 10 yards the equilivant to what 20 yards is in 2004.

also, some players break too many tackles!!!!!!!

any opinions on this???

Re: the problem with madden 2004?!?!?!

Originally posted by bronx_2003
    i love the game on the ps2 but does any1 think that the pitch is too small. i mean its too easy to get a 1st down and too hard to stop the computer getting 1!!!!! i think in 2005 they should make 10 yards the equilivant to what 20 yards is in 2004.

also, some players break too many tackles!!!!!!!

any opinions on this???

No, The field is just right.
    As far as players breaking too many tackles. I think they made A-train (Anthony Thomas) and Eddie George too good at breaking tackles.
    It's not hard to stop the computer from getting a first down if you got the right defense.

What level are you playing on?

Comment

all - pro. i have 2 rookie S which keep getting burned!!! but the real trouble i have is when the computers QB snaps the ball and just throws underneath my zone in the middle of the field to the TE for an 8 yard gain. i can't get to the QB in 0.8 seconds!!!!!!

Comment

I don't care if they get first downs...it's the touchdowns that should be stopped. Without a touchdown, all them firsts don't mean a thing.

Does anyone use the Franchise? I'm in my um...25th year with the Franchise. It's great. I've won like...22 Superbowls, with like 5 different coaches. I won 8 with Shannahan (I think) and about 15 with Kubiak (two seperate coaching eras). He retired and then came back and so I had to rehire him. Then I won some with Romanowski, and Gruden and some other fella. It's pretty fun being able to draft and hire coaches and all that. Even though I hate Gruden, etc... I also recently had to sell the team because they were in the red for 3 years in a row. But that's easy to get around. You just sell the team and go back into the menu and "Change Owners" back to the player instead of CPU. So all in all, I still have Denver.

Anyway...Madden is muy bueno. Well, he's not, but the game is. He's such an idiot.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

all - pro. i have 2 rookie S which keep getting burned!!! but the real trouble i have is when the computers QB snaps the ball and just throws underneath my zone in the middle of the field to the TE for an 8 yard gain. i can't get to the QB in 0.8 seconds!!!!!!
          Well, they do that in real life too, and none of those guys can get to a QB in .8 seconds.
          sigpic

Comment

1st downs leads to points!!!! i can stop teams occassionally but i try everything to stop this happening in the middle. i double the TE, i play cover 2 edge, i play cover 2 spy, cover 2 man qb spy, man coverage, blitz packages but i can't stop it!!!!!!

Comment

True, that is, if they're any good in the red-zone. I find that I can usually stop them up there, and they end up having to go for 3. It's hard to stop a team, but it's even harder for the computer to stop me, so...bring em on. Like I was playing the Raiders yesterday in the Conference Championship game (again) and it was 4th and 23 and I'll be damned if I'll let the Raiders get me, so I threw a bomb down the field and ended up on like the 10 yardline. 1rst down, still my ball. And of course, I won: 35-14.

I find that I can usually beat the crap out of a team and it's not until the fourth quarter when they start to score points. It reminds me of Blitz...if you got too far ahead in Blitz the computer would cheat like nothing else to catch up. And damn that was annoying.
              sigpic

Comment

its easier to stop them in the red zone. this is what i am talking about with the field settings. i can run the ball for 6 or 7 yards with a good back so the 10 yards they use is too short!!!

Comment

its easier to stop them in the red zone. this is what i am talking about with the field settings. i can run the ball for 6 or 7 yards with a good back so the 10 yards they use is too short!!!
                  It's supposed to be easier to stop them in the red zone. The defense doesn't have to cover as much field and the offense doesn't have that much field to work with. Because of this, the plays are shorter and it's easier to get to the QB.
                  Don't play any deep routes or you'll get sacked before the reciever gets there.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                    I don't care if they get first downs...it's the touchdowns that should be stopped. Without a touchdown, all them firsts don't mean a thing.

Does anyone use the Franchise? I'm in my um...25th year with the Franchise. It's great. I've won like...22 Superbowls, with like 5 different coaches. I won 8 with Shannahan (I think) and about 15 with Kubiak (two seperate coaching eras). He retired and then came back and so I had to rehire him. Then I won some with Romanowski, and Gruden and some other fella. It's pretty fun being able to draft and hire coaches and all that. Even though I hate Gruden, etc... I also recently had to sell the team because they were in the red for 3 years in a row. But that's easy to get around. You just sell the team and go back into the menu and "Change Owners" back to the player instead of CPU. So all in all, I still have Denver.

Anyway...Madden is muy bueno. Well, he's not, but the game is. He's such an idiot.
                    Yeah, Im in my 4th year on Madden. Won three Superbowls and will likely win the 4th

Comment

Do you play every game or simulate?

I simulate the seasons, that' what's amazing to me, that I've made it so many times and I'm simulating games. Usually the computer likes to screw you if you simulate.
                      sigpic

Comment

I simulate the seasons, that' what's amazing to me, that I've made it so many times and I'm simulating games. Usually the computer likes to screw you if you simulate.
                        I have 2 franchises, The Broncos and the Cardinals.
                        I play all the games in the Broncos franchise but I simulate the Cardinals. I have brought the Cardnials a long way, Im getting 100% attendence and I built them a new Stadium. They usually always make the Superbowl as well but they keep getting beat by the Broncos!

Comment

That's sort of what I do.

I have one Franchise that I play all the games (and needless to say it's still in about the 4th year because I never play that one)

And my other one, I simulate all the pre-season and regular season games and play the games if I make it to the playoffs (only with Denver) and I own two teams. I own the Broncos and when Carolina moved to Las Vegas, I picked them up and took them over (I use them to get better draft picks and then trade them to the Broncos). But then they didn't do so hot in LV so I picked up and moved the "Knights" to San Juan, Puerto Rico and renamed them the "Tigars" yeah, it was a typo but it's pretty cool that way...hahaha. A couple of seasons ago both the Tigars and Broncos made it to the Super Bowl, it was awesome. For the owner, that's a win-win situation. But then my damn game kept freezing on the load so I had to simulate it. Denver won: 34-0.
                          sigpic

Comment

I simulated with the 98 Broncos on an old game. I went 16-0, and then simulated the playoffs and lost.
                            Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

I havent liked any since 94 Madden(last one that had defense). I love defense. Offense is fun but I love sacking the QB or getting INTs. Also watching Barry Sanders go to town is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X