the problem with madden 2004?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it seemed like it...*shrugs*

But anyway, if I had the capabilities, we could play and you could beat me...hahahah...
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

As much as I like winning, I always try and show people how to recognize weaknesses and try and make them a better player. Some of my friends are starting to become more of a challenge now, using my tips and techniques but thats ok. Competition is fun. Like I said, I wasn't going off, I just didn't realize you weren't on your own connection.

Comment

Yeah I used to crush all my friends so I started telling them how to look at defenses and read linebackers on the run etc. and now our games are a lot better.

I'm okay mid-game but against the comp I win about 50% of my games in nerve-wracking last second field goals or TDs... One time I had like 20 seconds left and I needed a TD to win so I just lob it up to Lelie, it gets intercepted though (by Terrence Newman), but Lelie tackles him, Newman fumbles, and Lelie runs it more than 50 yards for the win; INSANE...

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

Comment

I've had games like that. I once played a game where I was down by 6 with 11 seconds remaining. My buddy just scored the go ahead TD and kicked the ball off. Deltha O'neal fielded the ball and proceeded to weave his way through the D and broke one.....until I got to the two yard line and saw a penalty flag. I scored the TD, but holding was called on Blake Brockermeyer who was only in there because Lepsis was injured. Needless to say, the penalty was accepted and I lost on a penalty.

Comment

well since you all dont beieve my talk, i will just have to let you know when i get connected, it will not be too long, cause i will have a job offer soon, so when i get my first paycheck, all you will know about it. we will definitely see who is who on here. i would guess about 1 more month, before i would get paid.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

A month! I just gotta warn you that playing online is ALOT different that playing with someone right next to you. The lag will f#ck your timing up on passes and on defense, so when you do get your connection, take another month to get used to the way the game plays online. You'll be amazed at how different the game plays online.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                A month! I just gotta warn you that playing online is ALOT different that playing with someone right next to you. The lag will f#ck your timing up on passes and on defense, so when you do get your connection, take another month to get used to the way the game plays online. You'll be amazed at how different the game plays online.
                noted, thanks for the warning
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Even if you have a good connection, which the game will let you know by how many "bars" are lit up, there will still be a delay. If you see a WR open, you should have passed it 1-2 seconds ago to gain maximum yards. You really need to know where all your receivers will be before you snap the ball, and you'll have to anticipate things rather than react to them. I guarantee you'll get sacked more online than any other time you play just because of the lag. I used to play NFL2K2 online on my Dreamcast, and it was frustrating as hell. But you get used to it, and it becomes second nature.

Comment

my problem with madden: i play on all-pro now after completing a season on whatever the default skill lvl is (that franchise is toast b/c i spent too much $ on all the perfect players i made). so anyway it seems like the increase in difficulty isn't that it makes it harder on you controlling the players, but it makes the players on your team that are being controled by the ps2 incredibly stupid. my recievers constantly ignore passes while the computer's defensive backs seem to read my mind (thank goodness for clinton portis!). but when i'm on defense, my defensive backs are idiots (if they aren't intercepting the pass, they seem to be asleep). maybe its the plays i'm calling; i let madden choose alot on defense. anyone notice this?
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk
                    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I play more zone with the BRONCOS on Madden than I do man to man. I get alot more INTS that way, and I usually only switch to man coverage when it's 2nd or 3rd and long. I know that sounds funny, but it's too easy for the CPU to throw under your coverage and gain YAC. Unless you have the latest roster update, EA didn't give much credit to the BRONCOS defense.

When on D, make sure to call a "coverage audible by pressing triangle and either down for bump and run coverage, up for loose coverage or right to better align your players with their assignments. I wouldn't suggest using bump and run with the BRONCOS unless you have the latest roster update though, since the stock D is pretty mediocre.

As far as the difficulty goes, I don't really have too much trouble on defense on any difficulty level since it seems that the higher the difficulty level is, the better my own players play. You can try to adjust the A.I. sliders in the game options screen, which will let your players block, catch, run and on D awareness, tackle, break block etc, better. Use the sliders little by little to find a nice balance in things, but don't make it too easy. Hope that helps you out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                        I play more zone with the BRONCOS on Madden than I do man to man. I get alot more INTS that way, and I usually only switch to man coverage when it's 2nd or 3rd and long. I know that sounds funny, but it's too easy for the CPU to throw under your coverage and gain YAC. Unless you have the latest roster update, EA didn't give much credit to the BRONCOS defense.

When on D, make sure to call a "coverage audible by pressing triangle and either down for bump and run coverage, up for loose coverage or right to better align your players with their assignments. I wouldn't suggest using bump and run with the BRONCOS unless you have the latest roster update though, since the stock D is pretty mediocre.

As far as the difficulty goes, I don't really have too much trouble on defense on any difficulty level since it seems that the higher the difficulty level is, the better my own players play. You can try to adjust the A.I. sliders in the game options screen, which will let your players block, catch, run and on D awareness, tackle, break block etc, better. Use the sliders little by little to find a nice balance in things, but don't make it too easy. Hope that helps you out a bit.
                        when i play, i play man mor ethan zone, unless it is a short passing team, then i'll play zone, cause teams throw over the top and catch a safety covering a Wr deep and i would get burned every time, so mostly i play man under 2 deep type man D. Now that walls and herndon have developed (in my franchise) i can play bump and run with them and it works great against the CPU's quick passing game. against the run, it all depends how you line up your d-lineman and LB's, if you see the FB and TE on one side, shift your d-lineman over that way, if they are in a normal formation, either clog the middle with d-lineman while spreading out your LB's or spread the d-lineman out while shifting the LB's in closer to each other. it leaves holes for your LB to run through, works for me. also, if you miss tackles cause you control the players, let the CPU make the tackle for you, he doesnt get juked as easily as we do and it can save a big run,. i had to learn that the hard way.

also, if the internet has lag, i wont be as good, cause all my routes are based off timing and if i dont get it down, i wont be able to move the ball on offense as well. i run a first down type offense, i complete like 80% of my passes for 10 yards at a time while running the ball a lot for consistent yards and just move the chains til i get a TD or FG, so i need timing for my routes to be ready when i throw. occasionally, i like to toss one deep to see if rod smith or lelie can go up and get it, it works sometimes, but sometimes not. hopefully i can get the hang of the net so i will have no excuses if i lose.
                        Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-12-2004, 11:50 PM.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I don't know what the hell I'm doing on D as far as man to man and coverage goes...I just do whatever looks good to me regardless of the type. And it works.
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Madden's not that good

The most realistic football game i've played is this years espn football. It's great, the actual playing of the game is great as the realism is fantastic, the graphics are ace and it has little things like being able to pick different options of what to challenge wen you challenge.
                            Please God don't let the Pats win the Superbowl!! AGAIN

Comment

Hey in these roster updates what are our DBs ratings? Like tackle and speed etc.

BTW I use bump-and-run with the Bronco defense and blitz a lot. Just my method of play cause I believe in hard hitting and a rushing defense (I have my gameplan sliders on hard hitting and maximum priority for my safeties).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                              - Carl Sagan

Comment

My Wishlist for 2005:

General Game

Full offseason rosters, cuts etc. JUst to piss off the people who do scouting/stats. Send players to NFL-E too; practice squad etc.

Situation Mode with fixed games (i.e. Superbowl XXIV: Denver is trailing 55-10 in the 4th Quarter, 5 minutes to go. Can John Elway pull off a 4th Quarter comeback?) and unlocking the team for winning that match.

Novelty stadiums as unlockables

Better stadium editor

When making a custom team, you should be able to make all your players first and then autofill, like Madden 2002 etc.

CFL, just for a nice big laugh

More in depth rookie scouting

Player progression not so harsh on veterans

Actually having the proper player names for classic teams, not just '#7'

In game:

More animations

Grass stains etc.

Playmaker blocking control refinement: when activated, it goes into slo-mo for around 3 seconds, so you can direct your blocker precisely. Genius.

Fix the length for both long bombs and FGs/punts

Better kick return system

Better blocking AI. I hate it when you're coming out of the backfield and your FB runs right past a linebacker and blocks someone else 15 yards up the field

More trick plays etc. And set bootleg plays.

More juke moves etc, personalized for each style of running back etc.

Dives over the top of the LoS. They had it in 2002...

Laterals. I like bringing rugby into my game.

Consistency rating for each player and therefore form charts for each player. i.e. Deltha will have about 15 for consistency and Shannon would have ~9x

Potential, Development Speed and regression stats; for how far a player will develop, how fast a player will develop and how fast a player will regress if not played so much.

I'll think of more as I go along...

For me Lennie Walls usually picks off a pass or two every other game. (on 1st season on franchise)
                                Last edited by muse; 02-14-2004, 02:36 AM.
                                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                                X