Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiszla injects his venom on KC!

LMAO.
    Kiszla is at it again....................

KC not SB worthy...................Kiszla

Sorry, should of posted in Smack Section.....................

Comment

the superbowl being held in a covered Arrowhead is everything football isn't and only further prooves how corperate the event is getting. Why ruin one of the few remaining original stadiums.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
        LMAO.
        Kiszla is at it again....................

KC not SB worthy...................Kiszla
        personally I don't know how the other KC fans on here feel but I could care less about a SB in KC...they have been talking about this roof for years. KC has a beautiful sports complex with Arrowhead sitting next to Kaufmann Stadium.KC needs to forget the roof...put the money into the team...and get to a SB....
        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
          A. This is not smack. and,
          B. The venom injection is not directed towards KC but the NFL.

I agree with your opinion on this....the article mentions a group of wine drinkers...same thing my husband has been saying for years.I would rather stay home and watch the games on the big screen....
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
            personally I don't know how the other KC fans on here feel but I could care less about a SB in KC...they have been talking about this roof for years. KC has a beautiful sports complex with Arrowhead sitting next to Kaufmann Stadium.KC needs to forget the roof...put the money into the team...and get to a SB....
            I agree, and no offense but Peterson ought to worry about getting to the superbowl and winning it before he lobbies for a superbowl in Arrow Head.
            "OHH WHOOPIE A superbowl is going to be played in our house" Hes riddiculous.

Comment

I still love the one he wrote before the KC game in 2003 where he called the Chiefs a bunch of frauds and that "they should bring their hankies" to the game. That led to Eddie Quittison to spout of at the mouth, and then Clinton to go off for 5 TDs.
              My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Its NOT Peterson really. Lamar Hunt has been lobbying for YEars and YEARS that the NFL should distibute the national televised games equally throughout the league. He has also lobbied to get every team in teh NFL a Super Bowl... so that every city can profit from it.

BUT.. this is the Kicker. Lamar Hunt has proposed a "rolling roof" that could cover his KC Stadium, and his Royals Stadium. They are right next to one another, and the roof would be on wheels...thus rolling to cover the baseball, and rolling back to cover the football. He's talked and wanted this for over 20 years!

Now. Lamar is retiring. The NFL, in respect to Lamar Hunt, for being one of the founding fathers of the merger (AFL/NFL)... have decided to give him a Super Bowl.... IF the people of Kansas City agree to pay 500 MILLION dollars to pay for Lamar's rolling roof. So the NFL is telling KC, that if they DON'T renovate the KC Stadium, and improve the stadium with a roof, then they WON'T get a Super Bowl. The Hunt family has also suggested that if the stadium isn't upgraded, they could lose the Chiefs.

Dan Patrick was talking about this the last two days on his show. He feels tht this is a STRONG example of extortion, and can't believe the NFL is doing this. To tell the KC Fans, that the ONLY way they can get a Super Bowl... is if they Agree to pay for a Half a BILLION dollar complex/improvments. Then they would get it 11-12 years down the road.

THIS IS THE KICKER. THe Roof and improvments will cost 500 Million. The projected income of the Super Bowl in KC... 400 million. SO they go INTO the process, knowing they will be a minimum of 100 MILLION dollars in debt. Sound like a good deal to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  THIS IS THE KICKER. THe Roof and improvments will cost 500 Million. The projected income of the Super Bowl in KC... 400 million. SO they go INTO the process, knowing they will be a minimum of 100 MILLION dollars in debt. Sound like a good deal to you guys?
                  -100 Million after the whole debacle is over...............................

Its a Sweet Deal, a roof over the hen house.......................

Comment

Plus, rav, I heard that this 'roof on rails' was proposed at the time the stadiums were being built.....at a cost of a couple million extra.

Now? Just a few dollars more....
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Its NOT Peterson really. Lamar Hunt has been lobbying for YEars and YEARS that the NFL should distibute the national televised games equally throughout the league. He has also lobbied to get every team in teh NFL a Super Bowl... so that every city can profit from it.

BUT.. this is the Kicker. Lamar Hunt has proposed a "rolling roof" that could cover his KC Stadium, and his Royals Stadium. They are right next to one another, and the roof would be on wheels...thus rolling to cover the baseball, and rolling back to cover the football. He's talked and wanted this for over 20 years!

Now. Lamar is retiring. The NFL, in respect to Lamar Hunt, for being one of the founding fathers of the merger (AFL/NFL)... have decided to give him a Super Bowl.... IF the people of Kansas City agree to pay 500 MILLION dollars to pay for Lamar's rolling roof. So the NFL is telling KC, that if they DON'T renovate the KC Stadium, and improve the stadium with a roof, then they WON'T get a Super Bowl. The Hunt family has also suggested that if the stadium isn't upgraded, they could lose the Chiefs.

Dan Patrick was talking about this the last two days on his show. He feels tht this is a STRONG example of extortion, and can't believe the NFL is doing this. To tell the KC Fans, that the ONLY way they can get a Super Bowl... is if they Agree to pay for a Half a BILLION dollar complex/improvments. Then they would get it 11-12 years down the road.

Neither stadium is owned by Lamar Hunt, so it would not be Lamar's rolling roof. The stadiums are owned by Jackson County.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

I think the whole idea that the Super Bowl has to be played in a fair weather area is ridiculous. Granted Green Bay is not the best choice, but a Kansas City or Denver type of city would be just fine. It's not fair that city's like Miami keep getting the Super Bowl over and over again. IMO, football is a cold weather sport.
                        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                          Neither stadium is owned by Lamar Hunt, so it would not be Lamar's rolling roof. The stadiums are owned by Jackson County.

yea K...you are right about that....My point was that instead of worrying about a roof....need to worry about getting this team on the right track...
                          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Need to start winning first.
                            Emancipate your mind!
                            The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                              I think the whole idea that the Super Bowl has to be played in a fair weather area is ridiculous. Granted Green Bay is not the best choice, but a Kansas City or Denver type of city would be just fine. It's not fair that city's like Miami keep getting the Super Bowl over and over again. IMO, football is a cold weather sport.
                              True that football is a cold weather sport, BUT the Super Bowl is the marketting extravaganza of the NFL.
                              Lots and lots of business gets done on SB week and the league wants it Super Convention (Bowl) to be carried out in a place where the VIPs can get some golfing, fishing and PR work done.
                              That's why the Super Bowl is 99% of the time in sunny places with lots of golf courses near the stadium.
                              Now you understand why KC and Denver are not a top choice???
                              IMO, I have no idea how Detroit got this year's gig.........................

Comment

Working...
                              X