Best RB currently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    I'm curious as to why so many are bringing up "of all time"... isn't that premature? Definatly in the game right now.... but of all time?

Because he's a back that produced under nearly every circumstance.

Including being hurt last year and on crappy teams.

He's a back that you can put on nearly ANY team and he will be good.

He has almost the perfect combination of speed and power.

He's elusive with great vision.

He's great at catching the ball.

He can block.

He can throw.

He's dependable. He gets hurt but still plays and produces.

Basically, he does everything a runningback is supposed to do at an extremely high level and then some. You can't even say that about ALOT of the "greats" cough *Sanders* cough.

I'm fairly confident, by the time LT is done, many will consider him the best of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
      Where would TD be if Elway hadn't retired, Mike decided on Griese over Brister, Griese through an interception, and Lepsis destroy TD's knee while they are both trying to take down the DB? I bet TD asks himself that quite a bit.

Each year TD was setting records. Most yards in first two years, three years, four years. Most 100 yard games, etc.

So, as great as LT is, he is only one injury away from being the next TD.
      well ok that could be said about just about everthing

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        Because he's a back that produced under nearly every circumstance.

Including being hurt last year and on crappy teams.

He's a back that you can put on nearly ANY team and he will be good.

He has almost the perfect combination of speed and power.

He's elusive with great vision.

He's great at catching the ball.

He can block.

He can throw.

He's dependable. He gets hurt but still plays and produces.

Basically, he does everything a runningback is supposed to do at an extremely high level and then some. You can't even say that about ALOT of the "greats" cough *Sanders* cough.

I'm fairly confident, by the time LT is done, many will consider him the best of all time.
        You may very well be right about that.

Comment

Lt No Question

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Alexander's Overrated!

Originally posted by Elway1983
            Yeah because he wont get the ball when it counts most (see last year).
            I'm going to end this myth NOW!

Shaun Alexander is a horrible short yardage runner...HORRIBLE. He is the definition of "woosie who gets shoe string tackled...A LOT!" (and that's in the dictionary...look it up). That doesn't mean he's the worst RB in the league, he's just not what he's cracked up to be. Sure he's productive, but a lot of that credit would have to go to his o-line. They literally run 99% of their runs to the left, behind Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson, and for good reason. However, anyone can run to the left in that offense...

Alexander does kick it up a notch at the goalline, but that doesn't make up for his other glaring weaknesses, such as blocking, open field running, and receiving.

A guy like LT, E-James, or even CP, would be a much better in that offense...Much better!

I'm not saying Alexander's not productive, because clearly he is, but he's not as skilled as others in the league.

BTW, anyone who disagrees with my statement, and is also from somewhere like New York (somewhere outside of the PNW), I'm just gonna shake my head cuz they have no idea what they're talkin about.
            Last edited by WABronco; 11-28-2005, 11:06 PM.

Comment

If you don't vote for Tomlinson, than you're a homer. Tomlinson has made the most out of a mediocre o-line and alexander works in the NFC. nuff said....
              Last edited by WyoBroncoMan; 11-28-2005, 10:02 PM.

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight

LT is the best back now and probably all time.

I don't think so....on both.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBroncoMan
                  If you don't vote for Tomlinson, than you're a homer.

That makes no sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                    I'm going to end this myth NOW!

Shaun Alexander is a horrible short yardage runner...HORRIBLE..
                    That is absolute hog-wash. I guess the only way you can support that is by going over the number of times he carries the ball on 3rd and 1 and instead of getting the one yard, he breaks a longer run for a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by tough-guy
                      That is absolute hog-wash. I guess the only way you can support that is by going over the number of times he carries the ball on 3rd and 1 and instead of getting the one yard, he breaks a longer run for a TD.
                      What don't you get???

Do you watch the games??

He dances in the backfield wayyyy too much. He goes down too early. He doesn't run with any drive, period.

I said he's a good goalline back, but that's about it...
                      Last edited by WABronco; 11-29-2005, 11:07 AM.

Comment

You can't score as many TD's and gain as many yards as he does and not run with any "drive".

You say he doesn't run with drive, but he's a good "goal line back"? Doesn't a back need to run with power when a defense is stacked to stop the run on the goal line? If he's only a good "goal line back", how do you explain all the long runs he has to get the Seahawks out of bad field position? How do you explain all the first downs he's producing on his side of the field an third and two? How do you explain how Holmgren is raving about how much he has improved in his blocking skills this season?

I think you are just looking to nit-pick at Alexander because you're a Broncos fan living in the wet NW. I think you're just hating on the guy for no reason other than the fact that he's not a Broncos back.

Comment

I think you shpuld just check all of his stats for yourself and see how you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by skisupreme4
                            You can't score as many TD's and gain as many yards as he does and not run with any "drive".

You say he doesn't run with drive, but he's a good "goal line back"? Doesn't a back need to run with power when a defense is stacked to stop the run on the goal line? If he's only a good "goal line back", how do you explain all the long runs he has to get the Seahawks out of bad field position? How do you explain all the first downs he's producing on his side of the field an third and two? How do you explain how Holmgren is raving about how much he has improved in his blocking skills this season?

I think you are just looking to nit-pick at Alexander because you're a Broncos fan living in the wet NW. I think you're just hating on the guy for no reason other than the fact that he's not a Broncos back.
                            Well, I think you're completely wrong...

If you really knew me, you'd know that I proudly display my Seahawk pride, on this board or any other...

I wish there was a stat that showed how many of his td's came from inside the 10. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that part of his game, he's very good at it. I believe he had 4 td's against the Cardinals, all inside the redzone, at least. I've said there's nothing wrong with that at all...

But, it was quite obvious last year that he ran with zero power and drive outside of the redzone, and it really hasn't improved this year either. I know it sounds wierd, but it's true. It's the talk of the town on sports radio shows. He's only driven when he gets to the painted grass, and it's visibly obvious on Sunday. Lots of people, inside and out of the organization, would like to see him step it up. That was literally one of the big hinge points at the bargaining table...he wants a huge deal but the FO wasn't willing to give it to him at the start of the year. You know why? Cuz they wanted him to PROVE himself. Seems kinda odd that a guy who's scored 20 td's in the last 5 years (or whatever) would need to prove himself, but that's how it is.

Some of the main points the FO, including Holmgren, pointed out against Alexander before the season was that: a)he was lackadaisical in both practice and ON THE FIELD b)he was a horrible pass blocker c)he was a bit of a snotty teammate d)he can't catch the ball.

So far this year, he hasn't really changed much except his attitude. He still runs like mrs. goody too-shoos between the twenties, and he's still a bad receiver and blocker (see how many times he's taken out in 2nd and long or 3rd and long?).

His big runs you speak of consist of him: 1)getting the handoff 2) dancing like an idiot and running straight into the pile 3)bouncing off the pile to the outside 4)running past everyone who's in the pile. And I'd bet you that 99.9% of his big runs are to the left. It's much like the Broncos system-when your line is so dominant, the name of the RB really doesn't matter. Take the Giants game as an example, Walter Jones was gettin owned by Osi Umenyiora (sp) for about the first three quarters of that game. Funny how Alexander was absolutely shut down during that time...

Holmgrens' "raving" about his blocking huh? I haven't heard any of it, and I live in Seattle...

Edit-found something else for ya:

"That was the hardest I've ever seen him run," Hutchinson (Steve, the LG) said of Alexander...after he converted four third downs in the 4th quarter against the Rams.

He can be a tough runner, but only when he wants to be, and that's the problem...
                            Last edited by WABronco; 11-29-2005, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skisupreme4
                              http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats.html

I think you shpuld just check all of his stats for yourself and see how you are wrong.
                              Well, if your pos website actually worked, then maybe I could check...

Edit-nvm mind it works now...

Interesting, I didn't know that it was 19 of his 20 total touchdowns came from inside the 10. That sure is a high number. Let's see, 13 from inside the 10 and 6 from inside the 3. I've stated before that there's nothing wrong with his goalline running, but these stats you gave me help prove my point. BTW, his one long touchdown was actually quite impressive-a 88 yd counter run to the LEFT where he ran smack into the pile, bounced outside and ran past everyone except Adrian Wilson, who's tackle attempt he dodged by swerving abrubtly (madden style). I distinctly remember that he was only touched once on the entire run, and that was when he cut it back outside. I believe someone grabbed his pads, and, of course, he almost went down...

Maybe you should actually read the stats before you start feelin too good about yourself.

Wow, did you also see the part where Alexander's got 10 receptions??? LT gets 10 receptions in one game...

Oooo, I especially like this: Alexander is second in the league in stuffs, ahead of the likes of Jamal Lewis, Willis McGahee, Kevan Barlow, and even Marcel Shipp. Wow, that's some stiff competition right there. Of course, you could amount this to the number of carries he gets, but that would also apply to something like 1st down rushes. So don't get too excited...
                              Last edited by WABronco; 11-29-2005, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                                Well, if your pos website actually worked, then maybe I could check...

Edit-nvm mind it works now...

Interesting, I didn't know that it was 19 of his 20 total touchdowns came from inside the 10. That sure is a high number. Let's see, 13 from inside the 10 and 6 from inside the 3. I've stated before that there's nothing wrong with his goalline running, but these stats you gave me help prove my point.

Maybe you should actually read the stats before you start feelin too good about yourself.

Wow, did you also see the part where Alexander's got 10 receptions??? LT gets 10 receptions in one game...

Oooo, I especially like this: Alexander is second in the league in stuffs, ahead of the likes of Jamal Lewis, Willis McGahee, Kevan Barlow, and even Marcel Shipp. Wow, that's some stiff competition right there. Of course, you could amount this to the number of carries he gets, but that would also apply to something like 1st down rushes. So don't get too excited...
                                The Seahawks don't throw the ball to Alexander because they don't need to. They have perhaps the deepest corps of receivers in the NFL.

Yes, Alexander gets stuffed, but he carries the ball morer than any other back. He is not second in stuffs per carry. In fact, he's not even in the top 20 of than negative stat. I noticed that you ignored than one.

Face it, you just can't admit when you are wrong about the guy.

Maybe you should put your petty bias about the guy and his team aside and judge him accurately.

Comment

Working...
                                X