No announcement yet.

Best RB currently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problems here. I hope you believe I'm just as free to give my views as you do yours?

It's just that my view has you being pummeled on your anti-Alexander opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by skisupreme4
      No problems here. I hope you believe I'm just as free to give my views as you do yours?

It's just that my view has you being pummeled on your anti-Alexander opinions.
      All right, I can take that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABronco
        How many of those were at midfield? Or were they all inside the 10?

He should be converting those, especially when the entire front seven is on their backs... That doesn't mean he's a good short yardage runner. I'd much rather hand off the ball to a guy like Steven Jackson or Lamont Jordan, someone who goes FULL SPEED into the hole. Heck, even Mack Strong would be a better choice, at least he runs straight ahead.

He dances in the backfield way too much and he doesn't run hard. There are no stats to measure that, you have to use your eyes. I have no idea why you don't see this...

That's my opinion...
        It doesn't matter if he faced third and one on his 20, or on the other teams 10 yard line. Short yardage is short yardage wherever it is. You said Alexander is a "horrible" short yardage back and I just showed you how you are wrong in that assumption.

Claiming that Mack Strong, a journeyman fullback, would be better in any running situation just proved that you are speaking out of some strange dislike for Alexander. Maybe he spurned an autograph attempt or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by tough-guy
          It doesn't matter if he faced third and one on his 20, or on the other teams 10 yard line. Short yardage is short yardage wherever it is. You said Alexander is a "horrible" short yardage back and I just showed you how you are wrong in that assumption.

Claiming that Mack Strong, a journeyman fullback, would be better in any running situation just proved that you are speaking out of some strange dislike for Alexander. Maybe he spurned an autograph attempt or something?
          I already said I bode no harsh feelings towards Shaun. The starting point of my argument, from this argument or the last, was that I don't believe Seattle should resign Alexander. Then I gave my reasons why, and those are my opinion. I wouldn't care if you kept posting stats until you were blue in the face, it's my opinion, and I form my own opinions. It seems as if you've already spent a large portion of your day on this too...

If you're a Hawks fan, you'd know that Strong is hardly a journeyman, but that's beside the point.

I've talked about as much as I want to about this topic because it's obviously a very, very touchy subject for some of you and it's really not that big of a deal to me. Hopefully you won't hold any grudges for the rest of your postings and realize that any postings I wrote that you may see as insulting were in response to yours. I can move on, frankly, I'm moving on right now, you should try it...

Comment

• it is Shaun Alexander period. he is a monster out on the field and nobody is going to stop him. he is goning to win the most rushing in the league, he is going to be the MVP of the Seahawks, and he is going to break the most rushing TD's in the season by 2 TD's. he is a beast!!!!

Comment

• I posted a reply about LT and all the records he holds and will break soon to a different thread talking about best backs. It is worth reading. LT is the man... http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...734#post774734
              s-one

Comment

• LT no doubt about it
                Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

• Alexander with all the TD's. No one has been better over the last 5 years.

Comment

• hmmm, interesting. LD can do everything, he can pass, rush and catch for touchdowns. he is an all around player, where SA is a rusher...but a REALLY good one lol. i mean hes averaging like 2-3 touchdowns a game. never seen anything like that but anyways i picked SA.
                    Put yourself in Sam Fisher's situation: His daughter died in a car crash, by a drunk driver. His wife died 16 years ago by an illness and he has lost his job from the government. How would you handle it?

(Join FrameCityUnderground and win free Xbox360!!)
                    http://www.framecityunderground.com/underground/?u=MKCC14

(Join My Bewaresamfisher club!!)
                    http://bewaresamfisher-club.1up.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by skisupreme4
                      Alexander with all the TD's. No one has been better over the last 5 years.
                      So Alexander rushes for 20 TD's this year with a great OL, probably one of the best in the league. Hat tip to him. LT rushes for 17, has caught 2, and has thrown 3 with a banged up OL that has been changed out 6 times this season. Wow! LT is clearly the best.
                      s-one

Comment

• As you type, the rushing TD's for Alexander keep climbing.

Alexander scores two TD's while having a poor game.

Alexander has run for more TD's than LT has run, caught and passed. Alexander has more yards, more yards per carry, Check it out for yourself. Alexander is better in every statistical catagory.

Last edited by skisupreme4; 12-07-2005, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by badintentions
                          Who do yall think?
                          Only commit on here, not to be a homer, but why is Thomas Jones on there and Larry Johnson isnt on there. Or if you made it before Priest went down why isnt he on there?
                          I wouldnt vote for either one, but why would they be behind Thomas Jones....
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Shaun Alexander won't get the one yard when you need it, when it counts most
                            snk16 wut were u thinking he is the best in the league and r u stupid because he will get the tough yardage when u need it come on i know u r smarter than that

sig made by snk16

I adopted Ebenezar Ekuban

Comment

• Originally posted by tough-guy

third and 1... 12 attempts, 12 conversions
                              third and 2... 5 attempts, 4 conversions
                              third and 4... 2 attempts, 2 conversions
                              third and 5... 1 attempt, 1 conversion

19 conversions on 20 attempts. .
                              Here is Alexander's performance in short yardsge sitiuations this season. Looks toi me as though he gets the tough yard when you need it.

Comment

• He just keeps proving people wrong each week.

When people say he can't catch, he makes some great catches as he did today. When they say he can't block, he demonstrates his improved pass blocking skills like he did today.

Alexander is now the front runner for league MVP.

Comment

Working...
                                X