Michael Irvin.......Arrested and Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superchop7
    Cocaine,crack, meth, speed in general is a horribly addictive drug, expensive, and severely life altering.

I would praise Irvin for NOT having cocaine in his possession, if using weed keeps him off crack, let him smoke weed.
    Umm...last I checked they are all illegal. Not saying that I agree that it should be illegal, but the law is the law. Just because one drug is less addictive, expensive, life altering doesn't make it any less illegal.

I can't stand anything about the guy so I am sure that my opinion on this will be biased. I do know this though, if I got arrested for the same thing then I would be unemployed quicker than I could blink. And they would be right in doing it. ESPN should do the right thing and get rid of the guy. I get tired of seeing "superstars" getting preferential treatment.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
      Once a Cowboy, ALWAYS a Cowboy.
      Damn straight!! He is not the only none out there struggling with problems like these. In case you guys didn't know, addiction is one of, if not the worst habit to kick. Im willing to bet most of you don't know what addiction is like. Don't get me wrong, thats a very good thing. But if you don't know what its like, you need to stfu. If he was struggling to get off alcohol, you guys wouldn't be nearly as critical, because its "legal" Im not saying crack or meth or whatever he was smoking is only as bad as alcohol, but i am saying that struggles with meth or coke is like having struggles with alcohol. Its the same thing only one is worse. So you guys are either dogging him because he is a Boy, or because your just that stupid to dog someone with a problem.
      Last edited by LbloodOjunkieG; 11-29-2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I was shocked to see him on Monday Night Countdown last night. I didn't see the whole program and wondered if any mention of this was made?
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
          Umm...last I checked they are all illegal. Not saying that I agree that it should be illegal, but the law is the law. Just because one drug is less addictive, expensive, life altering doesn't make it any less illegal.

I can't stand anything about the guy so I am sure that my opinion on this will be biased. I do know this though, if I got arrested for the same thing then I would be unemployed quicker than I could blink. And they would be right in doing it. ESPN should do the right thing and get rid of the guy. I get tired of seeing "superstars" getting preferential treatment.
          __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Prostitution is illegal in some parts and legal in others.

Smoking weed is legal in some parts and illegal in others.

Assisted suicide is legal in some parts and illegal in others.

Public intoxication is illegal in some parts and legal in others.

To use the phrase "the law is the law" conveys a sense of universal laws common to all............. as if he had broken the holiest grail of behaviour or something to that effect. For a person with an addictive personality he is showing improvement, he doesn't look like he is tweaking on camera, he has a good job and was respected enough by his employer to remain on the air. That being said.....

Is he my favorite announcer.........no. Should he be fired ?...........maybe, depends on his contract and the situation he put himself into, however, in my book his behaviour was not that big of a deal, I don't see weed as the demon of society. (It sure doesn't kill like booze does) Furthermore, knowing that MI has an addictive personality, it is good to see that speed/crack/meth/cola was not involved.

Just wondering.....should Carmello Anthony have lost his job too ?? or should Carmello keep his job and MI lose his? You can't have it both ways, we either ruin peoples lives or we don't. I say we don't, not for this.

If they fire MI over this ...............well..........will somebody please stash a pipe in Sean Salisbury's ride?
          Last edited by Superchop7; 11-29-2005, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X