Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best free safety in the AFC this season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who is the best free safety in the AFC this season?

    Me and several of you Broncos fans have debated about who has been the best free safety in the AFC this season. I have suggested that Greg Wesley statistically has had the best season of a free safety. As I know most of you will not agree with me, tell me who you think is the best free safety in the AFC this season. Not who has had the best career, but who is doing the best this year.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  • #2
    Yeah, he's looking good. I think Lynch is having a good season. I'm big on Troy Vincent and Deon Grant too, but I havn't followed them in a while. Nobody realy stands out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spice 1
      Yeah, he's looking good. I think Lynch is having a good season. I'm big on Troy Vincent and Deon Grant too, but I havn't followed them in a while. Nobody realy stands out.
      I will agree Lynch has looked pretty good. Bob Sanders is pretty good, although I don't think he has been the best.
      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

      It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think it's a push with Bob Sanders and Greg Wesley. Wesley has what 5 picks? Bob Sanders looked like an all star against Pit(one of the best running teams in recent history)....
        "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
        R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

        Comment


        • #5
          Bob Sanders plays SS if I'm not mistaken. Doss is the FS...

          I'd say that no one has been way above average this year, in the AFC.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WABronco
            Bob Sanders plays SS if I'm not mistaken. Doss is the FS...

            I'd say that no one has been way above average this year, in the AFC.
            No Bob Sanders is the free safety according to nfl.com.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

            It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CJ_5256
              I think it's a push with Bob Sanders and Greg Wesley. Wesley has what 5 picks? Bob Sanders looked like an all star against Pit(one of the best running teams in recent history)....
              Actually Greg Wesley has 6 picks. If Greg Wesley continues the way he has the past couple of weeks he might have a good shot at the Pro Bowl, IMO.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

              It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kmartin575
                No Bob Sanders is the free safety according to nfl.com.
                Hmmm, pretty sure I saw him playing on the left side of the D last night...

                Anyways, he's pretty damn good. I don't really like how he tackles though, but if he's that small in stature you gotta do what you gotta do I guess...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WABronco
                  Hmmm, pretty sure I saw him playing on the left side of the D last night...

                  Anyways, he's pretty damn good. I don't really like how he tackles though, but if he's that small in stature you gotta do what you gotta do I guess...
                  Yeah, I think with his size he is seen as a big force and a huge heart for what he does. However, I don't think he has the tools to ever be a top notch safety. Teams will learn to use his short stature as an advantage in the passing game. He did do very well in that Monday night game though.
                  "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                  It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, I'd expect to see Wesley drop a few notches after Sunday...If you know what I mean...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WABronco
                      Well, I'd expect to see Wesley drop a few notches after Sunday...If you know what I mean...
                      We shall see. Did you know that Greg Wesley told Tony Gonzalez before the game that he was going to have 3 picks. I bet he didn't seriously think that, but it turned out to be true.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                      It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kmartin575
                        We shall see. Did you know that Greg Wesley told Tony Gonzalez before the game that he was going to have 3 picks. I bet he didn't seriously think that, but it turned out to be true.
                        Damnnnn, that's pretty weird...

                        I once told a teammate that I was gonna score three goals in a soccer game, but, being the insanely skilled athlete I am, I scored five...

                        Anyways, it felt really, really cool...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kmartin575
                          Actually Greg Wesley has 6 picks. If Greg Wesley continues the way he has the past couple of weeks he might have a good shot at the Pro Bowl, IMO.
                          I don't think he will get in the Pro-Bowl, b/c Lynch has the name, and his team is doing better....I do this Wesley is very good though.
                          "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                          R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would say someone from Pittsburgh



                            :salute:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I feel that Greg Wesley is the best this season. Another very good one this year is Hope from Pittsburgh.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                              The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X