49ers & the 'Stick"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers & the 'Stick"

Can anyone explain to me why the 49ers are the only NFL team still playing in a stadium designed to play baseball in? You would think that they would have a new football facility. I remember going to games in St. Louis at Sportsman park (baseball Cardinals stadium), and at the old Anaheim stadium. In both cases the sight lines were horrible, and I found watching the games less than enjoyable.

So why do the Bay area fans put up with this??????????????
    As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

A good question, but it seems to me that both Oakland and San Diego were originally seen as baseball stadiums too, or at least the dreaded "multi-purpose" stadiums. Hmmmmm...when you factor in those three teams playing in baseball stadiums and L.A. not having a team, maybe it's a California thing. (Oh wait, the Vikings are playing in a "multi-purpose" thing too.)

Comment

so do the Dolphins at Pro Player or whatever its called now. it sucks NFL teams should never be forced to share, let alone play on dirt infield, with baseball teams.
      sigpic

Comment

Forgot about the faiders

Your right I forgot about the "black hole." I know SD is working on a new facility for both teams.

Personally I don't see the 49ers coming to LA. For all I care the faiders can move to East Elbonia (not smack, I just hate the faiders).
        As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jam1369
          I know SD is working on a new facility for both teams.
          Actually the Padres got their new stadium and started playing there last year. Unfortunately for them, though, the Chargers still play in the old "baseball" stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by jam1369
            Can anyone explain to me why the 49ers are the only NFL team still playing in a stadium designed to play baseball in? You would think that they would have a new football facility. I remember going to games in St. Louis at Sportsman park (baseball Cardinals stadium), and at the old Anaheim stadium. In both cases the sight lines were horrible, and I found watching the games less than enjoyable.

So why do the Bay area fans put up with this??????????????
            Because nobody cares. For one of the most storied franchises in league history, they sure havn't been making any contribution to warrant a new stadium lately.

Comment

McAfee stadium was pretty much designed to be a baseball stadium, until good old Al Davis had his say, and when he was done, it was a football stadium. A plan is in the works for the A's to get a new stadium, which I am all for, I don't like this sharing crap.

The 49er situation makes me laugh. Along with the stick being a TERRIBLE place to watch a game in terms of vision and stuff like you mentioned, it's probably the worst weather in San Francisco, it's ALWAYS foggy there. The 49ers (arguably) are the worst team, with the worst ownership, and the worst stadium!

Comment

Working...
              X