No announcement yet.

Dungy's "Challenge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not arguing that having 12 men on the field is illegal. What I am arguing is that the refs didn't call it and therefore should not have been reviewable. It's a non-call. As OC1981 pointed out, if this is the case (being able to challenge calls that weren't made), why can't you challenge holding non-calls or pass interference non-calls? Again, it smacks of different rules for the Colts than for everyone else...

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
      I thinks it's when the league starts changing rules and such to fit the style of play of a certain team....

PEACE!!!

like illegal contact emphasis cuz someone cried to the commisioner after bein spanked by the patriots in 03?
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
        like illegal contact emphasis cuz someone cried to the commisioner after bein spanked by the patriots in 03?

EGGS-ACT-LEEEE!!!!!!!

PEACE!!!

Comment

follow the rules and theres no problems. kudos peyton, i love it when you catch opposing D's off guard. If ya want a sub, call a timeout...if ya try a quick sub, peyton won't let you! ha!

Comment

I'll go real slow for you, Peyton. It's the CHALLENGE itself that I question; I don't think you can challenge "non-calls" (ie, no flag was thrown on that play = no penalty to review).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think there are rules concerning the no-huddle. Sam Wyche (ex-Bengals' coach) used the no-huddle a lot (almost entire games) in the season when the Bengals met the 49ers in the Super Bowl. I think teams complained about it just for the reasons you cited: they weren't able to make substitutions. I thought the league put some restrictions on its use....

Comment

Working...
            X