A real KC fan knows it's history and wouldn't be too quick to brag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real KC fan knows it's history and wouldn't be too quick to brag

If you have been a fan of the chiefs for the more than five years you would know to relax on super bowl dreams just yet. They have been in this same position several times before and were very disappointed. This is not to say don't be excited about your team but a real chiefs fan who has been a loyal fan knows that they were in similar positions before and were not rewarded with a super bowl experience. Reasonablechief fan and chi3fs seem to know what I'm talking about. All these other chiefs come on here like this is their first time rooting for the chiefs. After the chiefs beat us earlier in the year I expected chiefs fans to rub it in but now were in week ten and it seems that the band wagon chief fans are jumping on a faster pace and they displace the true chief fans that have built up major respect. These band wagon chiefs fans that come on here and almost two or three new ones come every week give every implication that they just started watching the team because of the childish threads and post. Though i wouldn't go to another teams post I just wonder if these wannabe be posters(not including chief fans who have been here for the long haul) are on san diego or raider message boards or even TB message board since they are not looking so good right now and bragging too. It means something if this is the only message board they get on beacuse either they are worried about the bronco team or really, really interested in what a bronco fans are thinking. What do you think people?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Hey, bklynbronco...I think you are probably right about the "bandwagon" Chief fans. Those who have been on here for a while, are, for the most part, pretty good and know how and when to talk smack....the "Chiefies-come-lately" are arrogant and blabber some real stupid stuff.
    However......there are also some IDIOT Bronco fans who have been on their boards posting some stuff just as inflamatory and stupid. One in particular is some nut case who goes by the name "broncobaby."
    He and a few others give all the rest of us a bid name.
    So, welcome all posters from all teams who want to talk some INTELLIGENT FOOTBALL. FUN AND CLEVER SMACK, or just want to be part of a great board.....but at least bring something of substance to the table....OK?
    GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ron

Comment

noregap

please compare the amount of new chief fans coming on to new bronco fans and there is a big difference in post. are thier one or two silly bronco post? yes. but that is nothing compared to how many new chief fans initial threads are obnoxious and arrogant. you might want to be fair but i see a big difference in post.

Comment

We have had an influx of Chief fans on our board since we went on our 1-4 skid. Either it's more and more bandwagon Chief fans, or it's just a bunch of Chief fans who decided to kick us while we were down. Either way, it is pretty lame.
        Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Re: A real KC fan knows it's history and wouldn't be too quick to brag

Originally posted by bklynbronco
          If you have been a fan of the chiefs for the more than five years you would know to relax on super bowl dreams just yet. They have been in this same position several times before and were very disappointed. This is not to say don't be excited about your team but a real chiefs fan who has been a loyal fan knows that they were in similar positions before and were not rewarded with a super bowl experience. Reasonablechief fan and chi3fs seem to know what I'm talking about. All these other chiefs come on here like this is their first time rooting for the chiefs. After the chiefs beat us earlier in the year I expected chiefs fans to rub it in but now were in week ten and it seems that the band wagon chief fans are jumping on a faster pace and they displace the true chief fans that have built up major respect. These band wagon chiefs fans that come on here and almost two or three new ones come every week give every implication that they just started watching the team because of the childish threads and post. Though i wouldn't go to another teams post I just wonder if these wannabe be posters(not including chief fans who have been here for the long haul) are on san diego or raider message boards or even TB message board since they are not looking so good right now and bragging too. It means something if this is the only message board they get on beacuse either they are worried about the bronco team or really, really interested in what a bronco fans are thinking. What do you think people?
          I've been a KC fan since when I first started watching football in 1988. Don't just assume since people start posting on your BB that they became fans the day they start posting. That's like assuming all KC fans live in Missouri. I do remember the Schottenheimer days of no offense and live and die by defense. They do make me sceptical. But you do have to admit our team is much different than those days. I can count only 4-5 players from the '98 team still left on the roster. My question is how then can you assume the same outcome? Are you proposing some mythical curse like the Cubbies or some ghost like the Red Sox?? (I use those analogies since they are fresh in every bodies minds).

The origin of my being on your BB is simple. Some bronco fan clowns keep coming to KC's BB and posting ridiculous crap just to incite us. So, turnabout being fair play, I'm here. The Raiders BB is dead. There isn't a Raider fan posting on there, let alone anyone elses board. When they stopped dropping crap on our BB, I stopped visiting theirs. It really is that simple. The root of your complaining is really yourselves. Directly, or indirectly. Just like the Broncos...
          The NFL 2005 season... The season the NFL finally changed the rule around cut-blocking. Now will Denver actually play nice?

"I predict Jake & the offense will take pretty good care of the ball and there will be no turnovers™" - urinal_cake

Originally posted by EMCF
          But wait until you meet a team of non-pansy players who can get it down for 4 quarters.

Comment

Re: Re: A real KC fan knows it's history and wouldn't be too quick to brag

Originally posted by BigRedStick
            The Raiders BB is dead. There isn't a Raider fan posting on there, let alone anyone elses board. When they stopped dropping crap on our BB, I stopped visiting theirs.
            The raiders BB is empty because all their fans spent their money on 22" rims and tires for their salvaged title Chevy Tahoe, instead of buying a computer.

Comment

And what does history have to do with anything?

It matters not, that's what.

The Chiefs gave up more points on Defense than anyone else last year, what's that matter to this season? Nothing.

8-0 is a license to brag, boast, smack talk yadda yadda yadda, that's what makes it fun.

Great seasons are rare in the NFL, when it's your favorite team, it's even more rare.

It's just sauce for the goose with many posters who've come over here to talk trash. For the week leading up to and the week following the week 5 game, Broncos fans were all over the Chiefs board. Posts were either:

We're gonna crush you (Leading up to)
              You wouldn't have won without Dante. (afterward)

Both of which were very humorous.

Comment

The point is that the Chef fans who were here before week five and have stuck around is cool, it's just the fans who suddenly appear halfway through a winning season that is kind of annoying. Take you for example, Mr. first post during week 9.

Welcome to the best board in the NFL, if you decide to say we hope you will have something to add, otherwise you will be just another bandwaggoning chef fan.

Comment

Originally posted by LawDog
                  The point is that the Chef fans who were here before week five and have stuck around is cool, it's just the fans who suddenly appear halfway through a winning season that is kind of annoying. Take you for example, Mr. first post during week 9.

Welcome to the best board in the NFL, if you decide to say we hope you will have something to add, otherwise you will be just another bandwaggoning chef fan.
                  You point isn't really valid. I've been a chiefs fan since 1988. I didn't start posting on a Chiefs BB until January of 2003. Why? Not because I just became a fan. But, I had just stumbled across it and found it rather interesting. Should retarded Bronco fans quit posting on the KC BB I probably wouldn't be here. I think it's quite ignorant on your behalf to assume I'm a bandwagon fan since I just started posting here a week or two ago.
                  The NFL 2005 season... The season the NFL finally changed the rule around cut-blocking. Now will Denver actually play nice?

"I predict Jake & the offense will take pretty good care of the ball and there will be no turnovers™" - urinal_cake

But wait until you meet a team of non-pansy players who can get it down for 4 quarters.

Comment

Actually, I was addressing Koronin (what is that, a trekkie name?) but it will apply to you if your posts are not at least interesting. I would only be ignorant if some new KC poster had come out blastin' with insightful, witty and well-thought-out comments. So far that hasn't really happened, so until it does I will be comfortable with what I posted.

Comment

Why do you assume that just because people are new to a particular board that they are bandwagon/new fans?

It is our right as fans to be excited about our team and their
                      record and to dream about the Super Bowl...if you don't, YOU'RE NOT A FAN!

Grow up, enjoy your season...whatever happens...and don't
                      make assumptions about things you obviously know nothing about.

Comment

Originally posted by kcdomination
                        blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
                        ^^^^^^^^^ Case in point.

@BigRedStick - We don't mind fans of other teams coming here to carry on intelligent conversation, even if they started posting in week 9 or 15. kcdominated is a classic case in our (you included in "our") argument.

We can't really do anything about the idiot Bronco posters on your board as we don't really want to go to your board and they rarely (if ever) show their "faces" over here, just like the idiot KC posters probably spend 99% of their online time here. *sigh* Just consider them to be escaped idiots from European villages and have fun with them.

Comment

Chiefsjen,

Welcome to the board. My point about bandwagon fans is that the Broncos - chiefs rivalry didn't just start last week. Granted there are some folks who just stumbled across this board, but usually another team's fans show up the week or two before a game with us. This was true for a lot of chiefs fans and there was some awesome smack flying around. However, now that the chiefs are 8-0 there are more and more fans showing up and unfortunately they are the "Broncos suck" type of posters. Those are the ones that seem to be bandwagoners rather than the so called true fans. Keep posting, and prove me wrong, but just be aware that you are being judged initially by the posts of knuckleheads like KCabomination.

Comment

Originally posted by LawDog
                            I would only be ignorant if some new KC poster had come out blastin' with insightful, witty and well-thought-out comments
                            My bad. I thought you were using the English language. The word ignorant to you means something different than what it's definition is. Obviously, only Bronco fans are insightful, witty and say well thought out comments. Anything said in a derogatory manner about the Denver Broncos is seen by you as to the contrary. I'm not hear to make friends or hold your hand. I came here to discuss the Broncos, hopefully with intelligent fans, unlike the yahoos that plaster graffiti all over KC boards. I read posts like "you got lucky" or "there was a penalty" or "our defense didn't wear their lucky charms bracelets" or "my dad is bigger than your dad so Denver will totally kick your ass". It's great to get behind your team but thinking objectively leads to less pissin' and whinin' when the game is over. Admit to me that your superpower offense had a chance to drive within field goal range during the KC game and win the game but fell short. Not because of broken feet, pulled groins, poor penalties, etc... But because they failed to execute. If you can't do that then I feel sorry for you.

Comment

let me get this straight bigredstick

So wait a minute, some bronco fans are acting up on your message board so instead of taking it up with them on your message board you come here and what...take care of them here? As for KC domination what the f is up with you? you definitely are jaking off everytime the chiefs win cause your acting like someone whose not used to winning games. I forgot your not. 8-0 is not a season and if denver was so garbage you wouldn't be on this board cause you wouldn't worry about what we are thinking, right? cause we have nothing of value to say. JENKC there is something for being excited but some of the chief fans that come on here get really carried away. If this sunday was the super bowl and the chiefs were in it you guys would have my respect but it's only week ten come'on. There some chief fans that are cool but these new guys like KCdomination make it hard to listen to the rest of the other respectable chief fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X