X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Dungy's son

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10725579/

Sound like he hung himself
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

I think the saddest thing is that he made an attempt back in October, but because he changed his mind pretty quick, it was overlooked. Sirens shoulda gone off then!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I agree, not to kick a man when he is down, or point fingers. If I was Tony and my son tired to take his life back in October, I would not let him live alone in a diffrent state. I would bring him home and get him some help.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
        I agree, not to kick a man when he is down, or point fingers. If I was Tony and my son tired to take his life back in October, I would not let him live alone in a diffrent state. I would bring him home and get him some help.
        Yep, but man that kids is a selfish little s..t! Committing suicide is sucha selfish thing to do. The people left behind will always wonder what they could have done to stop it, or to help. And Christams will now be a time of sadness rather than love and hope for the Dungy family. It's okay for him, his pain is over, but it will go on for his family and friends.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

i feel terrible for him.

Comment

This is really crazy. Tony should of never given him a chance to commit suicide again.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
              This is really crazy. Tony should of never given him a chance to commit suicide again.
              I think this is quite a naive thing to say. Unless Tony had his son in a rubber room in a straight jacket then regardless of where he was living, stopping the suicide attempts would have been very difficult.

I live in Australia and one of our great sporting heroes Steve Rogers, committed suicide this week and was 51. He suffered from depression but felt he could never talk about it publicly due to his image of being a former sporting great and the macho image that comes with being a professional athlete.

There is a belief that professional athletes, predominantly male suffer from bouts of depression at a yong age as they struggle to deal with life in the spotlight and when their career winds down, life in the real world is such a let down that the onset of depression is rapid and the consequences are often suicide.

Depression is a silent killer in Australia and something that is treated as taboo which is sad because I'm positive there are so many preventable deaths if people felt they had an avenue to head down to seek help for their affliction.
              www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

i dont feel sorry at all for his son but for tony i do thats sad.... like someone already said his son needed some help maybe thearpy(sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                  Yep, but man that kids is a selfish little s..t! Committing suicide is sucha selfish thing to do. The people left behind will always wonder what they could have done to stop it, or to help. And Christams will now be a time of sadness rather than love and hope for the Dungy family. It's okay for him, his pain is over, but it will go on for his family and friends.
                  well, if he's unhappy enough to commit suicide, i guess his sadness was worse than the sadness of the people around him. it's not like he was one of the pretend-suiciders who don't actually want to die but pretend they do for attention

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                    well, if he's unhappy enough to commit suicide, i guess his sadness was worse than the sadness of the people around him. it's not like he was one of the pretend-suiciders who don't actually want to die but pretend they do for attention

i agree also disagree if that makes any sense?

cause you can get help with stuff like that anti-depression pills always dont work but could help real help like a doctor of some sort and also if you know someone who has killed them selfs you would understand ( dont know you but im aussuming you dont?)

Comment

the fact that the media feels the need to publish how he died is a bunch of BS. This is private matters of the family not something the whole world should know about.

the media makes me~~~~> when they do this
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                        the fact that the media feels the need to publish how he died is a bunch of BS. This is private matters of the family not something the whole world should know about.

the media makes me~~~~> when they do this
                        It is public record, any can see it.

sigpic

Comment

well if they want to see it then they can, what I am saying is that details about how his son died should not be a headline on foxsports or nfl or espn.

I dont think anyone of us have the right to say anything about tony's son as none of us knew him or what was going on. I find that disrespectful to tony and to the rest of his family.

"Yep, but man that kids is a selfish little s..t!"

that right there proves my point. You can have your opinions about suicide in general but dont call someone names you dont know based on a situation you know nothing about. Please have a little bit more respect for the rest of the family than that
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I agree with on the selfish litte .... line. However it is new, like with Isreals primeminsters strokes, or my brothers murder. In fact all the ink this story is getting my be a good thing, it might shed some light on the reason why he did, and the sign to look for, to maybe prevent this from happening to another familly

sigpic

Comment

This is and was such a sad thing to happen to the Dungy family, I continue to keep them in my thoughts. But I do agree I don't think it should have been publicized as much as it was. Its not like James was the "famous" one. I have serveral different opinions on this matter but I don't want to stir up anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X