No announcement yet.

Update on Dungy's son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I shouldn't have called him a name, but suicide is incredibly selfish. The gfuilt that those left behind suffer from is so immense it often drives them to such measures themselves. A family from my hometown lost one their sons(who I went to school with) to suicide.
    It devastated the entire family. The parents divorced, and eventually both parents killed themselves because they were so depressed and hurt by their sons actions. His brother and sister both have had ongoing issues with depression and have both attempted suicide and been committed to psYchiatric facilities(where my mother worked). None of them had any idea why he did this, as he left no note.
    He had had psychiatric help for previous attempts, and had shown his family that he was recovering(or appeared to be). The actions of one person destroyed the lives not only of his immediate family, but also of his friends.
    This is selfish behaviour! As a psych nurse, my mother has seen many people who have attempted suicide, and not one of them considered the feelings of their family and friends when they did this. They only wanted their pain to end and did not consider how their behaviour would affect their family. There were also a number of people who had been committed following suicides by their friends and family. Their feelings of helplessness drove them into deep depression regardless of wether or not the person concerned had left a note.

Calling James Dungy a s**t may have been incorrect, but calling him selfish is not. Psychologists and psychiatrists all over the world all consider this to be one of the most selfish and devastating actions that one person can do that will afect another in such a dramatic fashion.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

It's just sad all the way around. Let the family grieve.

Comment

Sorry man, but committing suicide isn't selfish in any way. Now, it is true that the results of their suicide can cause pain and grief to others, but to commit suicide one must feel incredible pain. I don't really think that it's right to consider somebody who is in such pain a selfish person for wanting to end the pain.

Anyway, suicide is always sad. Of course, the death of a young person like this is also always sad, but in my books suicide is even more sad because you realize that his life had to have been just horrible for him to resort to actually ending his own life to end the pain that he was feeling. I'm sorry, but I can only feel empathy for a person that feels such depression to resort to suicide. And if they succeed in committing suicide, it is even sadder, because if they had survived, you knew that they knew incredible pain, but that they may live to experience some of the joy of life. You could always hope for their life to improve.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
          I agree, not to kick a man when he is down, or point fingers. If I was Tony and my son tired to take his life back in October, I would not let him live alone in a diffrent state. I would bring him home and get him some help.
          technically he wasnt living alone he had a roommate. kind of strange though maybe his roomate and his girlfriend did it or something hopefully what i just said doesnt start rumors.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
            Sorry man, but committing suicide isn't selfish in any way. Now, it is true that the results of their suicide can cause pain and grief to others, but to commit suicide one must feel incredible pain. I don't really think that it's right to consider somebody who is in such pain a selfish person for wanting to end the pain.

Anyway, suicide is always sad. Of course, the death of a young person like this is also always sad, but in my books suicide is even more sad because you realize that his life had to have been just horrible for him to resort to actually ending his own life to end the pain that he was feeling. I'm sorry, but I can only feel empathy for a person that feels such depression to resort to suicide. And if they succeed in committing suicide, it is even sadder, because if they had survived, you knew that they knew incredible pain, but that they may live to experience some of the joy of life. You could always hope for their life to improve.
            what did he have to feel so damn depressed about though????
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

When I said alone I ment, with out family
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
                When I said alone I ment, with out family
                oh ok i got ya . should i dig up that suicide thread????
                the space that is mine

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl

His pain is over, his family's has just begun. That's selfish, but if you want to disregard what those who work in the mental health sector say every single day, that's up to you.
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Working...
                  X