Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanobe
    replied
    i dont feel sorry at all for his son but for tony i do thats sad.... like someone already said his son needed some help maybe thearpy(sp?)

Leave a comment:

• legend
    replied
    Originally posted by BVP
    This is really crazy. Tony should of never given him a chance to commit suicide again.
    I think this is quite a naive thing to say. Unless Tony had his son in a rubber room in a straight jacket then regardless of where he was living, stopping the suicide attempts would have been very difficult.

I live in Australia and one of our great sporting heroes Steve Rogers, committed suicide this week and was 51. He suffered from depression but felt he could never talk about it publicly due to his image of being a former sporting great and the macho image that comes with being a professional athlete.

There is a belief that professional athletes, predominantly male suffer from bouts of depression at a yong age as they struggle to deal with life in the spotlight and when their career winds down, life in the real world is such a let down that the onset of depression is rapid and the consequences are often suicide.

Depression is a silent killer in Australia and something that is treated as taboo which is sad because I'm positive there are so many preventable deaths if people felt they had an avenue to head down to seek help for their affliction.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    This is really crazy. Tony should of never given him a chance to commit suicide again.

Leave a comment:

• SeekandDestroy
    replied
    i feel terrible for him.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander
    I agree, not to kick a man when he is down, or point fingers. If I was Tony and my son tired to take his life back in October, I would not let him live alone in a diffrent state. I would bring him home and get him some help.
    Yep, but man that kids is a selfish little s..t! Committing suicide is sucha selfish thing to do. The people left behind will always wonder what they could have done to stop it, or to help. And Christams will now be a time of sadness rather than love and hope for the Dungy family. It's okay for him, his pain is over, but it will go on for his family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I agree, not to kick a man when he is down, or point fingers. If I was Tony and my son tired to take his life back in October, I would not let him live alone in a diffrent state. I would bring him home and get him some help.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    I think the saddest thing is that he made an attempt back in October, but because he changed his mind pretty quick, it was overlooked. Sirens shoulda gone off then!

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    started a topic Update on Dungy's son

Update on Dungy's son

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10725579/

Sound like he hung himself
Working...
X