Whoa San Diego!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa San Diego!

Next weekend's game could be tougher than I thought! Anyone watching the SD-Minn game? I don't have Sunday Ticket. Is SD playing well or is Minn playing badly?

Re: Whoa San Diego!

Originally posted by Orange&Blue
    Next weekend's game could be tougher than I thought! Anyone watching the SD-Minn game? I don't have Sunday Ticket. Is SD playing well or is Minn playing badly?
    I got the game here...and SD played that good. It seemed like it was a pretty emotional game for them, not playing a home game in like a month. Next week also scares me...but I still think we pull it out.
    BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Its not that the Viks played bad, its that the chargers played really really well.
      But its in Denver, so im not worried.
      "Well, I'm a dishonest man, trust me. And you can always trust a dishonest man to not be trusted, honestly. It's the honest men you can't trust, cause they will always go and do something stupid!"- Captin Jack Sparrow

Comment

hopefully they've got all that out of their system
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
          hopefully they've got all that out of their system
          Flutie seemed to give them a lift.

We will have our own lift if Jake is back to starting. He gives us the edge just with being able to scramble and make things happen with his feet.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Jake is back and we return to our 30+ point games.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I did watch pieces of the SD game and Flutie did look very good. He was a man on a mission. They had a sold out stadium and their fans were very much into the game. The Chargers will not be a pushover with Flutie at the helm.

GO BRONCOS!!
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                I did watch pieces of the SD game and Flutie did look very good. He was a man on a mission. They had a sold out stadium and their fans were very much into the game. The Chargers will not be a pushover with Flutie at the helm.

GO BRONCOS!!
                Why did the Chargers switch to Flutie? Was Brees hurt or did Marty just decide that Brees wasn't getting the job done?

I sure wasn't worried about San Diego with Brees at QB but Flutie can get on hot streaks... It should make the game more interesting this week.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                  Why did the Chargers switch to Flutie? Was Brees hurt or did Marty just decide that Brees wasn't getting the job done?

I sure wasn't worried about San Diego with Brees at QB but Flutie can get on hot streaks... It should make the game more interesting this week.
                  Marty started Doug and the crowd went nuts. I had heard the Chargers planned on starting him on Friday. They were just looking to get a win and they sure did!! Brees stood on the sidelines, arms folded just watching and learning. He was not injured in anyway.

And you are right. If Doug starts again this week, which Marty would be stupide if he didn't, they will be a tougher game than we all originally thought.

GO BRONCOS!!
                  GO BENGALS!!
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon

Flutie played the last few series the week before against Chicago and did quite well for the Chargers, so Schottenheimer gave him a shot yesterday.

I still think that at Denver, the Broncos should win this game, but it did get a bit more interesting with San Diego actually playing decent for the first time in a long time. Denver's definitely got the better team, and I think once the Broncos get rolling they'll be fine. But, with Denver having last its last couple of games, it may take a little while to get their confidence back.

Denver, 24-17.
                    Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

The key to beating Flutie is to get a good pass rush. At 5ft nothing, he has a difficult time seeing over the defenders. If his o' line can give him some good passing lanes, he'll be tough to beat.

I'm not overly concerned, but he's not Brees. We'll see...

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                      ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

san diego played really well flutie gave them a big lift and the vikings defense is looking like last years swiss cheese......denver will have its hands full but will win w/ portis running for bout 140-50 on them...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
                          It wouldn't surprise me if Jake is back and we return to our 30+ point games.
                          I agree. The dropoff in depth from our #1 QB to #2 was significant......QB is a position we do not have depth at. It may have costed us our season...hopefully not.
                          Originally posted by boltzpride619
                          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                          True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Chargers-Broncos round two

As many of you know I am a San Diego Chargers' fan first than a Broncos' fan. This Sunday will be our second meeting this season.
                            The first was San Diego's home opener and the Broncos' blew the Chargers' away.
                            Well , the Chargers are a crappy team and rumors fly around like the cinders of those horrable fires we had several weeks ago.
                            One has Schottenheimer getting fired (no pun intentded) after the season. Another says no, "Schottzie" will stick around because Spanos has a ....on for him;and the assastents will all be blown out after the season.
                            no we have a QB question going. Drew Brees was benched for the November 9 game vs Vikings and Doug Flutie got the start.
                            The result was a very convencing Chargers win. The SD defence, which has been crappy all season did what they had to, keep Cullpepper and Moss off the field.
                            Hell, SD lead 14-0 after only 2 poseations! What a shock for us all. No one expected that at all. Nor the fact that the Bolts would defeat Minnesota 42-28. For the first time in years the Chargers looked good. Glutie looked good;LT looked good;he busted a run for 72 yards and a TD on his second carry giving the Chargers a 14-0 lead.

I'm not sure if this is real or if the Vikings had a bad day,now losing 3 in a row, or if the Chargers ARE really that good of a team-which they are not. Defence sucks, and secondary can be tourched so much you roast marshmellows on them. but Sunday they looked like World Beaters.
                            Gawd knows which team will show up, but Flutie is starting and he is excitng for a 41 year old man.
                            So dig in and be ready for anything-A Chargers' big day or a Chargers' bad day. Jake may be back, and I'm not convenced that the Chargers are that good; Minnesota is good, but losing 3 in a row has me wondering how strong the NFC North really is.

I think you Broncos fans are in for one hellva good game especally if Jake and Flutie play. Enjoy. It might be tough or easy, depending on which SD team shows up.
                            "But that's just my opinion. "Of course I could be wrong".
                            thesith/John

Comment

I don't think LT will have such a big day in Mile High, Gardner is playing so ideally the run defense should be there, with Mobley and Gold out who knows how the defense will react to Fluties impromptu running and throwing. Hopefully Trevor Pryce will be blocking him when he tries to do that patented ."Jump-Flutie" Pass.

With Jake back and the bye, Momentum should be on Denvers side, though Flutie might make it interesting, especially if Denver allows Deltha O'neal to enter the game at anytime.
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X