No announcement yet.

Which Qb Would You Rather Have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe this is even a debate. Ben is obviously the better choice. Everyone says that McNab was forced to throw too much, well in case you were'nt watching; the Steelers passed nonstop in the first half of their playoff games, and nobody could stop it. Bens o line was much better this year, but he still played much better. Now, I know that D was hurt most of the season, but he caved under preassure this season. Roethlisberger shined under preassure. They couldn't run the ball at all against us, but he came through. (Champ and Fox should have had a pick on the first drive though). Ben is more accurate. He makes better decisions. (Roy Williams comes to mind). When Donovan is healthy, he scrambles better, and has more arm strength; but so does Mike Vick, and that seems to mean jack right now. Now, Hines Ward is rediculous, and TO might have been a little off last year, but that is no excuse. Ben is better, thats all there is to it.

Comment

Big Ben because he is younger and has proven that he can handle pressure extremely well.
      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

i like dmac, but i'll take big ben-- all he does is win!! i also think we've seen in the past year that mcnabb's leadership skills aren't what they were cracked up to be-- if someone on the steelers started ripping roethlisberger, what do you think the response would be? the way guys like trotter and some of the eagles players publicly supported TO was in stark contrast to the almost total lack of vocal support that mcnabb got from his teammates, and i thought that really said something about how he is perceived by his fellow players.

big ben has all the physical skills, great toughness and intangibles, great blue-collar work ethic-- and is only in his second year, he will only get better. i believe he has the best record ever at this point in his career-- and don't tell me that's just because he's on a good team, who believes they would be any good with tommy maddox starting? all the kid does is win. . . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I am a little biased as a steeler fan, but I think Ben because he wins alot. Can't take anything away from McNabb, he won without much help on offense except westbrook, but thats pretty good. The eagels had a very good D too.

Ben seems to make big plays happen and everyone on his team likes him which I thought of McNabb until this year. Time will tell.

Why are the Eagles saying McNabb or Ben. Why dont they put up Favre, or Vick. And it is on an Eagles board, that woudl be like putting it on a steelers board.

Comment

I agree with Dogfish, talent aside, Mcnabb does not impress me as the team leader you want in your QB.

Ben, as a rookie, took over from a very popular Tommy Maddox and had to win over the veterans...especially the O line. He wasn't immediately accepted, with at least one Steeler (Farrior?) publically saying he didn't like the idea of going into battle with a kid that should still be in college.

Of course winning changes a lot of attitudes, but Ben became a legtimate team leader and the heart of the offense. During his remarkable 15 win rookie season, in every interview, he always gave all the credit to the line, recievers, RB's and defense. When they lost, he shoulderd the blame.
            His mama obviously didn't raise no dummy.

He's become one of those QB's that the other guys WANT to play well for. I don't think McNabb is the same type of leader.

Comment

Originally posted by GEEZE
              I agree with Dogfish, talent aside, Mcnabb does not impress me as the team leader you want in your QB.

Ben, as a rookie, took over from a very popular Tommy Maddox and had to win over the veterans...especially the O line. He wasn't immediately accepted, with at least one Steeler (Farrior?) publically saying he didn't like the idea of going into battle with a kid that should still be in college.

Of course winning changes a lot of attitudes, but Ben became a legtimate team leader and the heart of the offense. During his remarkable 15 win rookie season, in every interview, he always gave all the credit to the line, recievers, RB's and defense. When they lost, he shoulderd the blame.
              His mama obviously didn't raise no dummy.

He's become one of those QB's that the other guys WANT to play well for. I don't think McNabb is the same type of leader.
              it was alan faneca-- when a reporter asked him if he was excited to see roethlisberger as the starter, faneca said he wasn't. . . it was one of those 2 day controversies at the time. . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Working...
              X