Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sign Petition for NFL Officiating Improvement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

Originally posted by tpryce93
    I'm #10989 woohoo
    Lots of sigs on both petitions.
    Hope the NFL will fix the problem.

That link again for the comprehensive news, links, and two different petitions --

http://www.xlrefs.com/

Last edited by Spiderman; 02-09-2006, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosZBlitz
      Hey guys, check out this link

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/threa...45&sortBy=null

Never seen anything like it. It's official. Pittsburg will become the first team to have their title made unrecognized and Seattle to become the first unofficial NFL Champion

Pretty sad. Glad we did'nt go to the SB and win this way. Just sad no one really thinks the Steelers should have won. Mkaes you wonder what the score would have been if Seattle got those calls.

Comment

Sadly, Yes.

Originally posted by VADER72
        Pretty sad. Glad we did'nt go to the SB and win this way. Just sad no one really thinks the Steelers should have won. Mkaes you wonder what the score would have been if Seattle got those calls.
        The calls hurt the Seahawks in the game, obviously,
        but outside of the game, after the game,
        it's the Steelers who suffer the most from the bad calls.
        Ironic and unnecessary.
        Needs to be cleaned up, and improved -- thoroughly and immediately.
        Last edited by Spiderman; 02-09-2006, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Check Out That Other Petition

Originally posted by orangecrush3233
          I wasn't point any fingers or anything like that
          I was just thinking it might get a more serious look if it read something els... That title just sounds like some angry seattle fan made it after the game.

Hopefully it gets noticed by someone who can do something.
          Check out the other petition on the link below.
          Might like that wording and title better.
          That link again for the comprehensive news, links, and two different petitions --

http://www.xlrefs.com/
          Last edited by Spiderman; 02-09-2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Keep Signing...

...and thanks.

Comment

I signed the petition

Comment

thanx for the petition links, guys....we cannot let the NFL turn into the WWF.

Proud to call Denver home...most beautiful city in America !!!

Comment

Lovely, Indeed.

Originally posted by dtigg69
                  thanx for the petition links, guys....we cannot let the NFL turn into the WWF.

Proud to call Denver home...most beautiful city in America !!!
                  All your points. True.

Comment

Appreciated...

Originally posted by BroncosMania80
                    I signed the petition
                    ...By all who want a respectable game.

Comment

Da' Bump...

Sign the petitions if you're willing and able --
                      if not, sorry for disturbing you.

Best to All.
                      Lots of sigs -- more is even better.
                      Last edited by Spiderman; 02-09-2006, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Da' Morning Bump

Originally posted by Spiderman
                        Sign the petitions if you're willing and able --
                        if not, sorry for disturbing you.

Best to All.
                        Best to All.

Comment

Just the Morning Bump.

Best to All.
                          For the benefit of the game -- and our belief in it.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Official Argument of the Week from Dumb People: The NFL can improve its officiating by making all of its officials full-time employees. Sounds swell. But, uh … what are full-time referees going to do exactly? Come in every day from February through August to do what – watch game film and review calls? And why is that going to help them any when they have to make split second calls with the naked eye once the season starts? The human eye can’t beat slow motion instant replay. The officials, whether they have to show up to work all spring and summer or not, are going to lose that battle every time. If the refs have to come to work every day, all they’re going to end up doing is pumping iron all day with Ed Hochuli. And then not only will we have blown calls to deal with, but referees with 40-inch biceps who won’t hesitate to track us down and destroy us if we criticize them.

I’m not going to say the full-time idea is without merit though. I acknowledge that the full-time refs/umps in the NBA and MLB always do a great job. I mean, that’s irrefutable. Those guys are freaking fantastic. When those officials make horrible calls each and every postseason, it’s no less terrible, but at least there’s the hope that it might not happen one day in the very distant future due to them being on the clock 365 days a year. The NFL doesn’t offer the same hope, and for that the league should be criticized. For shame, NFL. For shame.

Comment

Good.

Originally posted by jake mistake
                              Official Argument of the Week from Dumb People: The NFL can improve its officiating by making all of its officials full-time employees. Sounds swell. But, uh … what are full-time referees going to do exactly? Come in every day from February through August to do what – watch game film and review calls? And why is that going to help them any when they have to make split second calls with the naked eye once the season starts? The human eye can’t beat slow motion instant replay. The officials, whether they have to show up to work all spring and summer or not, are going to lose that battle every time. If the refs have to come to work every day, all they’re going to end up doing is pumping iron all day with Ed Hochuli. And then not only will we have blown calls to deal with, but referees with 40-inch biceps who won’t hesitate to track us down and destroy us if we criticize them.

I’m not going to say the full-time idea is without merit though. I acknowledge that the full-time refs/umps in the NBA and MLB always do a great job. I mean, that’s irrefutable. Those guys are freaking fantastic. When those officials make horrible calls each and every postseason, it’s no less terrible, but at least there’s the hope that it might not happen one day in the very distant future due to them being on the clock 365 days a year. The NFL doesn’t offer the same hope, and for that the league should be criticized. For shame, NFL. For shame.
                              Yes, good.
                              First step is for the vast majority of fans to see and admit there is a huge, ongoing problem,
                              and to demand that something constructive and substantial be done about it by the NFL.

As I said before,
                              It may or may not be "fixed" --
                              but it sure as hell is broken.

So, now onto the discussions and debates about what should be done about it.

That link again for the comprehensive news, links, and three different petitions --

www.xlrefs.com/
                              Last edited by Spiderman; 02-11-2006, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Three Different Petitions -- Interesting.

Yes, good.
                                First step is for the vast majority of fans to see and admit there is a huge, ongoing problem,
                                and to demand that something constructive and substantial be done about it by the NFL.

As I said before,
                                It may or may not be "fixed" --
                                but it sure as hell is broken.

So, now onto the discussions and debates about what should be done about it.

That link again for the comprehensive news, links, and three different petitions --

www.xlrefs.com/
                                That third petition, about the ref performance as a public statistic, is quite interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X