wuss of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aardwolf
    If you want to talk, "Wuss of the Year", you need look no farther than Steve Beuerlein.

The guy hurts his pinky finger and has to go on injured reserve. That's unreal! The very same day Beuerlein hurt hit pinky, another NFL QB broke his thumb on his throwing hand on about the third play of the game and he didn't even miss a snap. Played the whole game and started the next game as well, all with a broken thumb while Beuerlein wussed out 'cause of his poor wittle pinky.
    I'd have to say the pinky is more instrumental in throwing the ball.

signed
    The baby toe
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Aardwolf
      If you want to talk, "Wuss of the Year", you need look no farther than Steve Beuerlein.

The guy hurts his pinky finger and has to go on injured reserve. That's unreal! The very same day Beuerlein hurt hit pinky, another NFL QB broke his thumb on his throwing hand on about the third play of the game and he didn't even miss a snap. Played the whole game and started the next game as well, all with a broken thumb while Beuerlein wussed out 'cause of his poor wittle pinky.
      Not to defend Beuerlein, because I think his best days were clearly behind him, but he didn't have to go on I.R. Shanahan chose to put him there so he wouldn't have to cut an additional player in order to wait for Steve's finger to heal.

Also, I won't comment on the severity of Steve's injury except to ask, did you see that thing? That was gnarly.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by pikman

signed
        The baby toe
        Agreed... not to mention that at his age, breaking anything has got to be extremely painful. Not that a break by a younger guy would be less painful, but lets be honest... what's the recovery time on a broken hip by a "depends" wearer vice a 13 year old kid. Bad metaphor... but I hope you get the point.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
        ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

i disagree horseface... i think that the return of vick (assuming he is indeed ready to play) will help the falcons. it will boost their moral and he can do great things for that team. If he wasnt that much of an affect on them then they would have played just as well w/out him. They obviously proved that they need him to win, which is sad on their part but nonetheless its tru......
          Javalon-- i did see Steve's finger and that was one h*** of a dislocation, how that wasnt broken is beyond me.
          5280 feet above the competition!!

Comment

Definetely Vick. I would also like to nominate Jeremy Shockey and congradulate him on a successful Sophmore slump.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by pikman

signed
              The baby toe
              A "pinky" is MORE instrumental in throwing a ball than a "thumb"?

Are you for real? Try holding on to ANYTHING without your thumb.

Vick has a broken leg and he has only missed 9 games. He is back to practicing with the team and should be playing again by the end of this month.

A couple of years back Ed McCaffery had a broken leg and missed 15 games. Does that make him the "Wuss of the Year" for 2001?
              Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-13-2003, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X