To anyone who cares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    Will do! I'm working on an entry inspired by Spidey's "Dynasty Lite" thread regarding the Patriots right now. I might get my knees dirty for a team I hate.

I think I'm going to do a quick hits type offseason needs post. I'll let you know!

Spidey actually inspired someone.....
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
      Spidey actually inspired someone.....
      Well, I still have it sitting in draft format unpublished somewhere. I might get around to completing it at some point. With Spidey gone now, I don't really have anyone to disagree with
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WorstTrollEver
        But I disagree w/ your favorable opinion of the salary cap. I used to think the salary cap was great for the NFL because it creates parity and smaller market teams can compete with large market franchises.

However, I’m more inclined to feel the salary cap is bad for the league, the players and the fans for the following reasons:

· I think the quality of football has gotten worse with the cap, not better. There’s very little team continuity with all these cuts and free agent signings. SB XL illustrated the lessening of quality football today. That looked like a pre-season game to me.
        · Fans no longer evaluate players based on their talent, they’re now looking out how much salary cap dollars they are exhausting. Just look at how Broncos fans reacted to the release of Pryce, MA and Putzier. Most fans were not very appreciative of their efforts and were more than happy to see them go because they were too expensive. In fact, most NFL fans are reacting to salary cap cuts in this manner. We’re becoming greater fans of financial accounting and less fans of football.
        · Nearly every NFL contract these days is a joke because players hardly ever see the last years of the contract honored. I laugh every time I see a player sign a five or seven year deal because you know he'll be asked to restructure after year three or be cut.

The salary cap is turning the NFL into a joke.

Good Blog Whodey. I just disagree on your opinion about the cap.
        Thanks for taking a look! You're entitled to your opinion, and I can see where you're coming from when it comes to personnel moves relative to the salary cap. However, I disagree with you that the quality of football overall has gone down. I think that SBXL was the exception, rather than the rule when it comes to the quality of games that we can expect to see from the Super Bowl. Personally, I thought that SBXXXVIII was one of the best Super Bowls that I've ever watched, and that took place in the time of the salary cap. Conversely, there have been plenty of bad SB's from before the time of the salary cap. See the 55-10 drubbing that the Broncos took a while back.

I think what I'm more concerned with than the apppreciation that individual players get is the fact that each team's fans have a right to believe that their team can be turned around thanks to the way that things are currently structured. I would hate to see the power go back to the big market teams. You don't think that your opinion would be a little different if you rooted for, say, Cleveland or Detroit as opposed to being a Patriots fan, would you? I know that a lot of Bob Kraft fans don't like the current CBA.

In other news, what do you think decertifying the NFLPA would do for the league? That worries me.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic

Comment

I am very much for the salary cap. It gives the NFL parody. You want to see that no cap does? Look at baseball. What team is dominant? The Yankees. They attract all the players and nearly all other teams have no hope of improving because the Yankees sign anyone worth a damn. In baseball the Yankees are quite literally the only consistant team. In football you never know who will win and who will lose because of the salary cap. Good players that demand money will not stay with their teams for long and will have to look for jobs elsewhere and who will sign them? Teams that need help.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
            I've started an NFL blog.

One Guy's Opinion.

My first big post is obviously Bengal related, but bear with me. It should be a fun blog.

Obviously, I'm fishing for opinions/compliments/criticisms
            Whodey, you did an excellent job as usual. Any blog about the NFL I would be interested in reading, especially someone who actually knows what he is talking about, and I believe that you do.
            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
              Whodey, you did an excellent job as usual. Any blog about the NFL I would be interested in reading, especially someone who actually knows what he is talking about, and I believe that you do.
              Thanks Medford! I appreciate your comments.

I encourage everyone to get a Blogger account and make lots and lots of comments
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic

Comment

Yet another post up. This one's on the Drew Brees situation.
                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic

Comment

New post is up. Let me know what you think.
                  HEAR ME ROAR!
                  sigpic

Comment

Your name is Matt, so that makes you very much cooler than you already were.

Comment

Originally posted by RoorRipper
                      Your name is Matt, so that makes you very much cooler than you already were.
                      Glad to hear my real name actually adds to my street cred
                      HEAR ME ROAR!
                      sigpic

Comment

Another post about free agency up. This time Bengals specific. Let me know what you think, as usual.
                        HEAR ME ROAR!
                        sigpic

Comment

Whodey,

Great job as always. Hopefully you can do something Bronco related after the draft.

Comment

WhoDey...

I read your post and commented.

Get back to me... here or PM is fine.

Comment

Whodey,

NHL seasons thoughts is my user name for my comments on the blog. I could not change it, but that is my opinon on the blog. Great job

Comment

New update's up. Sorry it's been so long.
                                HEAR ME ROAR!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X