Detroit Lions=Sleeper??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Lions=Sleeper??

I know alot of people said it last year but with martz as their new offensive coordinator and a talented recieving core, if the lions draft well they could be a dangerous team especially in the weak NFC North.

Originally posted by alwilson91
    I know alot of people said it last year but with martz as their new offensive coordinator and a talented recieving core, if the lions draft well they could be a dangerous team especially in the weak NFC North.

Its too early to tell. They need to do more than draft well. The whole attitude of the team needs to change in my mind. They are not a tough physical team. You are right though they are in a weak division. I would say they go 7-9 or 8-8 at best.

Comment

The biggest problem in Detroit is the offensive line. If you watched any Lions games last year, you would have seen Harrington and Garcia each being given less than 2 seconds to drop and deliver, and if they failed to do so, they were road pizza.
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
        The biggest problem in Detroit is the offensive line. If you watched any Lions games last year, you would have seen Harrington and Garcia each being given less than 2 seconds to drop and deliver, and if they failed to do so, they were road pizza.

Yeah I know about their line as we picked up Sto ckar Mcdougle in the offseason from them...needless to say it was a decision that didnt work out. He will be getting cut this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life
          Its too early to tell. They need to do more than draft well. The whole attitude of the team needs to change in my mind. They are not a tough physical team. You are right though they are in a weak division. I would say they go 7-9 or 8-8 at best.

that could win the division

Comment

If Favre comes back, Green, Walker. That's a totaly different team. Wait 'till the Bears put together some offense. And once Sota ditches Dante, they'll be tough again. The Lions, (defense or no) will just suck again.

Comment

Martz knows offense.

It remains to be seen if he can do what he did in St. Louis with Harrington and Garcia.
              sigpic

Comment

To early to tell, Martz is reliable for a ton of yards but his situational play-calling is very suspect (see SB36).

Comment

i think the lions are going to get at least 9 wins this year
                  maybe even playoffs,depends if the bears come back strong next season
                  I believe in you, Knowshon!

Comment

The Lions will have a better season then last. Especially if Favre retires. Gets Greenbay out of serious contention. Martz could spark that offense to live up to what they where drafted to do.

C. Rodgers IMO won't be on the lions next season. So Roy and Mike Williams along with Scotty Vines will be the Wr's working with Martz.

Comment

If the Lions can get the team focused behind Harrington, rather than splitting them between Joey and Garcia(which Mariucci didn't do anything to stop), then they will be a lot stronger.

I don't think it's possible to have a strong offense if you have the players arguing over who's the better QB to play. It needs to be definitive as to who is the starter, and the other QB should be considered an emergency option.

People may not like Jake as much as Elway, but the team knows he's the guy, and they are focused on working around him. That hasn't happened in Detroit, but I think Martz is the guy to pull them together.

Also, bear in mind that Detroit lost 2 games due to TD's been overturned in yet more strange reffing calls
                      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

You know, they have been saying that for 3 seasons now.

I am tired of that pick.

There is something else wrong up there, but it ain't the talent.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                          You know, they have been saying that for 3 seasons now.

I am tired of that pick.

There is something else wrong up there, but it ain't the talent.
                          LOL same here same here, this would be the 4th year of the Lions being a POTENTIOL sleeper, but when push comes to shove, the Lions just dont work well together
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

As long as Harrington is under center they will always be garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                              As long as Harrington is under center they will always be garbage.

No, the problems run deeper than that.

Neither line is all that good. The locker room is a mess, according to rumors. No chemistry at all.

The front office is a joke.

Harrington is servicable, but not great. He'll be ok with a better line and mors consistent playcalling.

But that will all go away with Martz. HE'll call 60 passes a game, even if Jim Brown is his running back.

SO, Harrington is probably out. He is not a gunslinger.

A

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X