X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Brees might be a FA

JETS AND CHARGERS TO ANNOUNCE BLOCKBUSTER
    DE-Abraham To San Diego - QB-Rivers To New York

The DinoCosta Show has learned through an exclusive source that the NY Jets & San Diego Chargers are set to make a Blockbuster trade.

The Chargers will send quarterback Philip Rivers, the 4th overall pick in the 2004 NFL draft, to the Jets, in return for pass rushing defensive end John Abraham. Rivers has been stuck behind Chargers quarterback Drew Brees the last two seasons, and will be re-uniting with former Chargers asst. Brian Schottenheimer who was recently named the Jets offensive coordinator. Schottenheimer is planning to install an offensive system that is similar in design to the Chargers current system - a system that Rivers is comfortable in and familiar with. Abraham has been miffed that the Jets haven't given him a new contract after proving that he could play an entire 16 game schedule as he did last year. The Chargers will slide Abraham nicely into their 3-4 defense that will also feature Shawne Merriman, providing San Diego with a terrific twosome that will give the rest of the AFC West fits. This trade makes sense for both teams and makes the Chargers "quiet" signing of quarterback A.J. Feeley last season something that was apparently done with the long term in mind. A big question for the Jets is what will they do with current quarterback Chad Pennington...should he be successful in returning from major shoulder surgery for a second time.
    sigpic

WOW OMG that actually makes perfect sense, for both teams, especially the Jets. But I don't know if it will happen it depends heavily on Bree's status. Where did you hear that from????

Comment

Way so he can sit behind Pennington
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
        Way so he can sit behind Pennington

Pennington will be lucky to even throw a ten yard out with all the damage his shoulder has received.

His arm was already the weakest in the NFL.

I shudder at the thought of how weak it's going to be once he gets "rehabbed".

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
          Pennington will be lucky to even throw a ten yard out with all the damage his shoulder has received.

His arm was already the weakest in the NFL.

I shudder at the thought of how weak it's going to be once he gets "rehabbed".
          I think the Jets know Pennington won't be making some glorious comeback next season. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start a game at all next season. They said his shoulder injury will take a long time to recover from.

Plus, IMO, Rivers is a much better option. That guy is just what they need.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
            JETS AND CHARGERS TO ANNOUNCE BLOCKBUSTER
            DE-Abraham To San Diego - QB-Rivers To New York

The DinoCosta Show has learned through an exclusive source that the NY Jets & San Diego Chargers are set to make a Blockbuster trade.

The Chargers will send quarterback Philip Rivers, the 4th overall pick in the 2004 NFL draft, to the Jets, in return for pass rushing defensive end John Abraham. Rivers has been stuck behind Chargers quarterback Drew Brees the last two seasons, and will be re-uniting with former Chargers asst. Brian Schottenheimer who was recently named the Jets offensive coordinator. Schottenheimer is planning to install an offensive system that is similar in design to the Chargers current system - a system that Rivers is comfortable in and familiar with. Abraham has been miffed that the Jets haven't given him a new contract after proving that he could play an entire 16 game schedule as he did last year. The Chargers will slide Abraham nicely into their 3-4 defense that will also feature Shawne Merriman, providing San Diego with a terrific twosome that will give the rest of the AFC West fits. This trade makes sense for both teams and makes the Chargers "quiet" signing of quarterback A.J. Feeley last season something that was apparently done with the long term in mind. A big question for the Jets is what will they do with current quarterback Chad Pennington...should he be successful in returning from major shoulder surgery for a second time.
            WOW!! Is it really going down?

Comment

Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
              WOW!! Is it really going down?
              Now see? This is the problem with the Rumor Mill...

No one knows if this stuff is legit. This specific thread sounds legit, but since it's surrounded by a bunch of other bs threads, then no one knows what's for real.

Here's an idea: When you've got a rumor, supply the readers with a viable source/link. If it's a radio show like this, then try to legitamize it or make it sound real. DinoCosta??? What's that???

(see what I'm sayin' boys??)

If this is true, then I have a few words of wisdom for you guys. OH ****!!!!!!!!!!!! Not good...

Edit: I see the first post was yesterday, so it sounds like the typical BS.

Comment

Oh god please dont let this be true. That would make the Chargers even more scary
                sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

Drew Brees might be a FA

I read an article on yahoo sports saying the the Chargers and Brees are disputing some guarenteed money and the club may choose to let him test FA instead of franchising him.

This would be the stupidest thing ever. I personally don't think that Brees is a GREAT QB but he is really good and they are looking at 2-3 years of learning before Rivers could get to Brees' level.

Go Chargers!

Comment

Originally posted by klgalyean
                    I read an article on yahoo sports saying the the Chargers and Brees are disputing some guarenteed money and the club may choose to let him test FA instead of franchising him.

This would be the stupidest thing ever. I personally don't think that Brees is a GREAT QB but he is really good and they are looking at 2-3 years of learning before Rivers could get to Brees' level.

Go Chargers!

Bring him to Denver!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                      Bring him to Denver!!

That would be a dream come true

but it will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                        Bring him to Denver!!

why dont we get jamal lewis, john abraham, ty law, rock cartwright and others?

Comment

Originally posted by lo4f3r
                          why dont we get jamal lewis, john abraham, ty law, rock cartwright and others?
                          Well, this is a Drew Brees thread. Why don't you take that question to another thread?

I repeat....

Bring him to Denver.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll probably take a lot of heat for this, but I say pass on Brees and take a chance on Marcus Vick! Kid is a trouble-maker but UNBELIEVABLE talent...
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
                              I'll probably take a lot of heat for this, but I say pass on Brees and take a chance on Marcus Vick! Kid is a trouble-maker but UNBELIEVABLE talent...

I too am intrigued with the idea of Marcus Vick; I just hope Shanahan doesn't waste a 3rd-round pick on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X