Drew Brees might be a FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on this possible scenario:

a) They should keep Phillip Rivers if possible because even if Brees is back he has to recover from his shoulder injury, so they need a good backup option.

b) John Abraham would not be a good fit in San Diego's defense because they primarily run the 3-4 and Abraham is accustomed to the 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      Now see? This is the problem with the Rumor Mill...

No one knows if this stuff is legit. This specific thread sounds legit, but since it's surrounded by a bunch of other bs threads, then no one knows what's for real.

Here's an idea: When you've got a rumor, supply the readers with a viable source/link. If it's a radio show like this, then try to legitamize it or make it sound real. DinoCosta??? What's that???

http://www.dinocosta.com/ToC.html

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1 (link may change, as it is a Google cache of said rumor)

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Well, as of today, it looks like he will indeed be a FA....

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9251811

Man, I wish he could come here.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but the idea of having a QB with an average arm before his injury take over the Broncos offense now with what will likely be a below average arm is scary. Plus I really dont think he can throw very well on the run.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            Pennington will be lucky to even throw a ten yard out with all the damage his shoulder has received.

His arm was already the weakest in the NFL.

I shudder at the thought of how weak it's going to be once he gets "rehabbed".

I read that he was going to be cut. His salary is huge, probably the biggest on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
              I'm sorry but the idea of having a QB with an average arm before his injury take over the Broncos offense now with what will likely be a below average arm is scary. Plus I really dont think he can throw very well on the run.
              Agreed, this would be a perfect opportunity for the Phins if they can't get Culpepper.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                Sorry to disagree, but Brees had a great arm before his injury, and there's nothing to say that he won't recover.

The Broncos could make it an incentive based contract, that would protect them in the event that his arm doesn't recover.

And he CAN throw on the run.
                sigpic

Comment

I doubt that Drew Brees could do a better job than Jake Plummer here in Denver.

Drew Brees can stay wherever he is.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

What is this Drew Brees over Jake Plummer insanity? Put Antonio Gates on our line, and see what happens.

I got a lot of questions about this rumor:
                    1. Why would the 3-4 Chargers, with some of the best LB's in the league, trade their future at the most important position on the team for a DE?
                    2. If the Jets want to free up cap room by dismantling their defense, then why not say goodbye to Law and Vilma while your rebuilding with Phillip Rivers. Then you could sign all kinds of prospects, and suck completely instead of mostly.
                    3. If somebody could block, Pennington wouldn't be in the position he's in right now. If somebody knew that Coles is not as good as Moss, he wouldn't be in the postion he's in right now. I hope Chad Pennington goes somewhere else, and wins a SB next year, because the J E T S don't know J A C K about how to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X