Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Coaches of All Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Coaches of All Time

    lol funny how one thread gets started about the Best of all time then 30 threads pop up on the same topic...lol funny how that works...but I think it gives us something else to talk about instead of FA and Jake Plummer haters and T.O. and all that...plus its nice to see what people think....So that being said who do you guys think are the Top 5 coaches of all time and i mean of ALL TIME!!! Retired, Dead, and Current.

    \



    #1: Vince Lombardi
    #2: Mike Ditka
    #3: John Madden(have to admit he was a good coach even thogh he was mostly a Raider)
    #4: Mike Shanahan
    #5: Bill Belichek(how the heck to spell his last name?)

    Sig by Snk16...Thanks

    I say grab T.O and while we are at it why not grab your-self a biscuit!?

    My NFL 2005 Regualar Season Predictions Results: 158-100 or 63%

    My NFL 2006 Playoff Predictions Results: 8-3


    My 2006 Draft Wish List:


    S. Holmes(DE)
    L. White(RB)
    J. Cutler(QB)

    Get me just 2 of 3 of those and I will be happy

  • #2
    Chuck Noll.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Invesco
      Chuck Noll.
      I forgot about Chuck...thanks man...i will remember that for next time

      Sig by Snk16...Thanks

      I say grab T.O and while we are at it why not grab your-self a biscuit!?

      My NFL 2005 Regualar Season Predictions Results: 158-100 or 63%

      My NFL 2006 Playoff Predictions Results: 8-3


      My 2006 Draft Wish List:


      S. Holmes(DE)
      L. White(RB)
      J. Cutler(QB)

      Get me just 2 of 3 of those and I will be happy

      Comment


      • #4
        I also like Marty Schottenheimer






        Comment


        • #5
          1) Vince Lombardi
          2) Chuck Knoll
          3) Tom Landry
          4) Bud Grant
          5) Hank Stram
          6) Joe Gibbs
          7) Mike Shannahan
          8) Sid Gilman
          10) Bill Belichik
          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by YOUNGERJKSPEE
            1) Vince Lombardi
            2) Chuck Knoll
            3) Tom Landry
            4) Bud Grant
            5) Hank Stram
            6) Joe Gibbs
            7) Mike Shannahan
            8) Sid Gilman
            10) Bill Belichik

            Pretty good list here....glad you mentioned #5 as I was about ready to post when I read your list..

            also would add:
            Bill Parcells-whether you like him or not
            Mike Ditka...think someone already mentioned him
            Jimmy Johnson

            and other that I can't think of right now
            Tony G


            The Chefs

            Comment


            • #7
              Bill Cowher is somewhere in the top 15.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                Pretty good list here....glad you mentioned #5 as I was about ready to post when I read your list..

                also would add:
                Bill Parcells-whether you like him or not
                Mike Ditka...think someone already mentioned him
                Jimmy Johnson

                and other that I can't think of right now
                Just because I'm a Bronco, doesn't mean that I lack the respect of other great leaders, or players. I happen to have Mr. Stram's 8x10 auto on my HOF wall.
                Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

                Comment


                • #9
                  what about Don Shula?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    All good ones so far. My top coach would be
                    1- Bellicheck (with what he's done, in the time of free agency, and salary caps is as impressive as any coaching in history)
                    2-Knoll (superbowl wins don't lie)
                    3-Lombardi ( c'mon...the guys name is on the trophy)
                    4-Madden (highest win percentage of ANY coach with over 100 games)
                    5-Shannahan ( I'm probably just biased, and have to have a Broncos guy in the top of EVERY catergory )



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Vince Lombardi
                      Jimmy Johnson
                      Mike Shanahan
                      Bill Bellicheck
                      Thats all I can think of right now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would definitely add Bill Parcells.
                        The guy is a fabulous coach.
                        Darrent Williams Tribute Video

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OK..

                          11) Bill Parcells
                          12) Don Shula
                          13) Don Coryell (SP?)
                          14) Jimmy Johnson
                          15) Bill Walsh
                          16) George Sieffert (SP?)
                          17) Bill Cowher (SP)
                          18) Marty Shottenheimer-wholey cow, I got his spelled right! I should hope so by now!
                          19) Richard Vermeil
                          20) Herman Edwards
                          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I won't put any current coach up with the greats untill those current coaches' career is done.

                            Besides I don't think Belichick can be put up as number 1#. I try to look at what a coach has done with subpar tallent as well as excellent tallent. It is one thing when you are handed HOF players, but it is another to be handed someone who isn't the best at what they do.

                            Belichick in Clevland was nothing special and that is why I am not sold. though still he has several years left in him so I will reserve my judgement for when he finishes. That very reason is why I think Mike Shanahan should go into the HOF is because while he won two superbowls with HOFers he also has had winning teams with players that most coaches couldn't even dream of getting 9 wins.

                            It is all the little things that makes a coach great.
                            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
                              I won't put any current coach up with the greats untill those current coaches' career is done.

                              Besides I don't think Belichick can be put up as number 1#. I try to look at what a coach has done with subpar tallent as well as excellent tallent. It is one thing when you are handed HOF players, but it is another to be handed someone who isn't the best at what they do.

                              Belichick in Clevland was nothing special and that is why I am not sold. though still he has several years left in him so I will reserve my judgement for when he finishes. That very reason is why I think Mike Shanahan should go into the HOF is because while he won two superbowls with HOFers he also has had winning teams with players that most coaches couldn't even dream of getting 9 wins.

                              It is all the little things that makes a coach great.
                              I agree but, you can start soon because they are, pretty much done.
                              Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X