X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Abraham

Lets get him our D line needs to put some pressure on the QB
    sigpic WHEC-724

Lets just draft a quality pass rusher in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

DARRYL TAPP
      GO BRONCOS, SPURS, CUBS, PANTHERS, CRUSH!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      thnx LynchBailey 2447

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

DARRYL TAPP!
        GO BRONCOS, SPURS, CUBS, PANTHERS, CRUSH!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        thnx LynchBailey 2447

Comment

The news out of New York...

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/13904102.htm

Posted on Sat, Feb. 18, 2006

In another development, the Jets have decided to place the franchise tag on defensive end John Abraham, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. They have until Thursday to make it official. It prevents Abraham from being an unrestricted free agent, and it enables the Jets to trade him after March 3.
          Abraham, an unhappy "franchise" player in 2005, is said to be furious. He has told friends that he doesn't want to play for the Jets anymore.
          This was an expected move, although some industry sources felt there was a slight chance the Jets would not tag Abraham because of the cost - an $8.3 million tender. The Jets are about $26 million over the projected cap, which goes into effect March 3.
          Ultimately, the Jets probably will wind up trading Abraham, which would eliminate his salary.

John Abraham will not be available unless for trade. Can't see the Broncos pulling this deal...
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

...that's the point.

I think you can compare this to the Charles Woodson fiasco of last year. Although, he ended up with a ginormous cap number (if I remember correctly), and he wasn't traded because of it (in part anyways).

Comment

Abraham has skill, but its not a financial reality for us.

Shanny MUST draft a D-lineman in the early rounds this year.
              You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                The news out of New York...

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/13904102.htm

Posted on Sat, Feb. 18, 2006

In another development, the Jets have decided to place the franchise tag on defensive end John Abraham, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. They have until Thursday to make it official. It prevents Abraham from being an unrestricted free agent, and it enables the Jets to trade him after March 3.
                Abraham, an unhappy "franchise" player in 2005, is said to be furious. He has told friends that he doesn't want to play for the Jets anymore.
                This was an expected move, although some industry sources felt there was a slight chance the Jets would not tag Abraham because of the cost - an $8.3 million tender. The Jets are about $26 million over the projected cap, which goes into effect March 3.
                Ultimately, the Jets probably will wind up trading Abraham, which would eliminate his salary.

John Abraham will not be available unless for trade. Can't see the Broncos pulling this deal...
                I posted a thread in the rumor mill a few weeks ago about San Diego willing to trade Fischer for Abraham. I don't know if trade talks fell through or if it's still up in the air.... but I can't see the Broncos matching a player of the same value (even if it's a diferent position) to pull off a trade with the jets.

IMO, that's a position the Broncos may try to improve upon in this year's draft.
                sigpic

Comment

avged 9 sacks a year and he is gonna be worth 8.3 mil that is worth a mil per sack about what price used to be getting before he got lazy.

Not worth that kinda money best bet is picking someone up in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    avged 9 sacks a year and he is gonna be worth 8.3 mil that is worth a mil per sack about what price used to be getting before he got lazy.

Not worth that kinda money best bet is picking someone up in the draft.
                    i agree. Also we can only afford one big name FA. Either Owens or Abraham. So we need to look at what we need more.

Comment

Looks like we need to cross him off of our wish list....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5348642
                      sigpic

Comment

Bye Bye Abraham

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2338398

Who else can we look to for a solid pass rusher besides the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                          Looks like we need to cross him off of our wish list....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5348642
                          Not really. The Jets just want to be able to get something for him (draft picks). Typically, a franchised player is worth a first rounder in trade (we have two this year), but I'd be willing to bet the Jets would be willing to let him go for a second or third just to get under the cap and get a few extra draft picks.

I think we could get this guy if we wanted him. I say give them Putzier (who they desperately wanted last year and we overpaid to keep) and our second rounder. Or, just give them our #29 first rounder (this draft is deep with DEs, but with the exception of Mario Williams, nobody is of Abraham's caliber and will be able to contribute as fast). I say draft Kiwi, Tapp, Lawson, Hali (best available) at #22 and trade for Abraham. Our pass rush would increase exponentially!

Comment

Originally posted by lo4f3r
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2338398

Who else can we look to for a solid pass rusher besides the draft?
                            I'd say the draft is our best bet now, he would have costed too much anyway.

Comment

Hitler has a better chance in Heaven than Abraham had wearing orange and blue... no loss really.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                              X