Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    Hitler has a better chance in Heaven than Abraham had wearing orange and blue... no loss really.

I like the analogy

Comment

speculation has it that the jets are gonna trade abraham-- receiving the franchise tag doesn't neccesarily mean that he is unavailable. . . our cap situation, though, does mean that he is unavailable TO US. . .
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Weve got nothing to trade. A team that struggled last year liek the Jets can't afford to downgrade from Abraham. They've already lost Law, so keeping Abraham is gonna be high on their prioroties,right behind figuring out the qb situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
          I think we could get this guy if we wanted him. I say give them Putzier (who they desperately wanted last year and we overpaid to keep) and our second rounder.
          I love this idea. It could work also if they still would want Putzier. Getting Abraham would more than be adequate if that trade was made for us... Jets would have who they wanted and we would have a great Pass Rusher that we desparately need.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Maybe this thread can be combined with the John Abraham thread.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree it ought to be combined because one of the posters came up with some draft day trades that hopefully have already been considered and thought about. The one I liked was trade Putzier and a second round draft choice to the Jets for Abraham. I think that would be a win-win situation for both teams.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                Maybe this thread can be combined with the John Abraham thread.
                quick, call JWinn!!

Comment

Actually, I was think since he is not now, and appearantly never will be a Bronco, At least not in 06,I would move this to Other Teams instead. Objections?
                  Last edited by JWinn; 02-21-2006, 10:36 PM. Reason: Just read the link

Comment

Originally posted by lo4f3r
                    Weve got nothing to trade. A team that struggled last year liek the Jets can't afford to downgrade from Abraham. They've already lost Law, so keeping Abraham is gonna be high on their prioroties,right behind figuring out the qb situation.
                    They are not trying to keep him. They know he wants out of New York so they are at least trying to get something out of letting him leave. They are way over the cap and hae bigger problems. Not to mention they already have a good DE in Shaun Ellis.
                    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                      Actually, I was think since he is not now, and appearantly never will be a Bronco, At least not in 06,I would move this to Other Teams instead. Objections?
                      work your magic, JWinn. . .

Comment

Moved and merged...........

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                          I agree it ought to be combined because one of the posters came up with some draft day trades that hopefully have already been considered and thought about. The one I liked was trade Putzier and a second round draft choice to the Jets for Abraham. I think that would be a win-win situation for both teams.
                          Hey now, wait 'till Jeb starts blocking people.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                            They are not trying to keep him. They know he wants out of New York so they are at least trying to get something out of letting him leave. They are way over the cap and hae bigger problems. Not to mention they already have a good DE in Shaun Ellis.
                            i've also read that they felt bryan thomas showed some flashes the past year and a half, although you'd never know it from his stats. . . they basically need a QB, a RB, an OLT-- and possibly a center if they cut kevin mawae as haas been rumored-- at best they will need a replacement for him in a year or 2. . . they also need to replace ty law now. . .

abraham may be more valuable in a trade than he is playing disgruntled under the franchise tag. . . they know he'll leave next year anyways, they can't keep tagging him because it increases by 20% every successive year it is applied. . . and remember how he didn't want to play in the playoffs last year with some suspicious injury, and people were saying he basically was afraid of getting injured before he became a FA? that's a trend i hate to see-- it's bull to say they're "worried about their future!" what about the millions you're getting paid to play this year?! i hope jamal lewis has to play for veteran's minimum, the bum! he pulled the same crap this year. . .

Comment

Originally posted by lo4f3r
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2338398

Who else can we look to for a solid pass rusher besides the draft?
                              Set free: The Saints probably won't franchise or transition defensive end Darren Howard making him available in the free-agent market. Howard was the Saints' franchise player in 2005, but he fell out of favor as the season progressed.
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X