• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad
    Sorry Jwinn I'll be good from now on.
    Not a huge deal or anything.

I just wanted you to know why I moved your thread.

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    The Skins appear to be backloading the crap out of all their new FA contracts.
    Redskins | Gibbs defends team's aggressive approach
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:21:46 -0800

The Associated Press reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs defended the team's aggressive approach to free agency. He also dismissed any implication that the team was circumventing the NFL's salary cap in any way. Gibbs said, "The thing I want to emphasize is this: We haven't done one thing that anybody else can't do. ''We have certain rules in the league. Here's the cap, here's the numbers, here's what you can spend, so everybody in the league can do what we're doing, it's just that they choose not to, many of them."

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Sorry Jwinn I'll be good from now on.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Cadencesdad,

I moved this thread to Other Teams, as Antwaan is not a Bronco, and this in no way is Bronco news.

I realize GD is "The Place" to see and be seen, but we really want to keep it specifically for BRONCO stuff. There are other forums, and people do go to them, for you to post this stuff about players on other teams.

Using these forums will draw more people into them if we can get everyone to start using them correctly.

Unless a player is signing with us, or at least here to talk to us, please post things about players from around the league in a forum other than General Discussions.

I realize we let some threads slide in there, but usually when the opening post is wrapped around the possibility of that player seriously becoming a Bronco. That's not the case here.

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation
    many think that they overpaid for both him and archuleta
    I would agree overpaid if the contract reaches maturity, but if it was a small signing bonus, this contract would not hurt many teams.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad
    Not sure what the signing bonus was, but this sounds like it would have been a bargain, completely backloaded, and can be released before 2008, sounds pretty good.

Redskins | Contract breakdown: Randle El
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:04:58 -0800

Washington Redskins WR Antwaan Randle El signed a seven-year contract with base salaries of $585,000 (2006), $595,000 (2007), $820,000 (2008), $4 million (2009), $4.25 million (2010), $4.5 million (2011) and $5.0 million (2012).

many think that they overpaid for both him and archuleta

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    started a topic Randel El......

Randel El......

Not sure what the signing bonus was, but this sounds like it would have been a bargain, completely backloaded, and can be released before 2008, sounds pretty good.

Redskins | Contract breakdown: Randle El
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:04:58 -0800

Washington Redskins WR Antwaan Randle El signed a seven-year contract with base salaries of $585,000 (2006), $595,000 (2007), $820,000 (2008), $4 million (2009), $4.25 million (2010), $4.5 million (2011) and $5.0 million (2012).
    Last edited by cadencesdad; 03-16-2006, 06:53 AM.
Working...
X